Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,899 times

Advertisements

LACE!! Hey how was your night out at Cheers??

Old 08-15-2009, 01:51 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,864,095 times
Hey Tex-fun,good conversation, average food-but it was OUT!!!!!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:39 PM

534 posts, read 1,595,624 times
Stoy I have been watching kids in my home for the past 8 years or so. Before then I had worked in daycare and also taught pre-school. I really enjoy watching them in my home. The oldest one is off to kindergarten next week. She was 5 months when I started watching her. Where did that time go? The other is a boy who is 20 months and is just the cutest. I will miss them both, but with the one off to kindergarten, it was a good time to move.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:38 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,025,432 times
UW what a great job. i work with kids, also. Part time, i do one on one therapy. this summer i worked with an autistic boy in a day care. i loved it. i love the ages between 3 and 5, they are the cutest then. and no kids for me here. my full time job is with kids, too, but totally different-at risk middle schoolers, the ones that got kicked out of their school for defiance, fighting, etc.

Old 08-15-2009, 03:43 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
LORRIE: How are you doing? How is Gary? Been thinking about you a LOT lately. You are in my prayers.
We are finally doing OK. We still cannot get ourselves to pick Coco's ashes up.Poor Gary said he has never loved a dog as much as CoCo and Elkie our doxie is all Gary's.
I will never get another pom again I cannot go thru this again. CoCo's mom is going to be breed next month but I just cannot get another Pom. Not after Lucy and now CoCo.
The breeder has two female maltese pups only two weeks old so we will be getting our other three another sister in about 10 weeks.
Yesterday I was going through the last morning we had CoCo before going to the kennels and I thought that was the first time she didn't sit in my lap in the Car. We took the honda pilot and put all 4 in the back. I wasn't thinking that even with the back seat down she wouldn't jump to the front. Amy did and sat in the middle and i should have turned around and picked CoCo up to put in my lap but when i looked half way there she was lying down so i didn't bother plus when we gave her to the girls at the Kennel she looked at us and started to softly whine. I just kissed her and said she would be fine. This is just like me to dwell on what I did wrong.
The letter from the Lawyer should be at the vets by now. I really don't care. I will still see our vet but will board them at another place.
Now Texas aren't you glad you asked? Love your little guy but I am reading this from the last page to where I left off. I did read that he had a good night and that is such a good sign.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
We are finally doing OK. We still cannot get ourselves to pick Coco's ashes up.Poor Gary said he has never loved a dog as much as CoCo and Elkie our doxie is all Gary's.
I will never get another pom again I cannot go thru this again. CoCo's mom is going to be breed next month but I just cannot get another Pom. Not after Lucy and now CoCo.
The breeder has two female maltese pups only two weeks old so we will be getting our other three another sister in about 10 weeks.
Yesterday I was going through the last morning we had CoCo before going to the kennels and I thought that was the first time she didn't sit in my lap in the Car. We took the honda pilot and put all 4 in the back. I wasn't thinking that even with the back seat down she wouldn't jump to the front. Amy did and sat in the middle and i should have turned around and picked CoCo up to put in my lap but when i looked half way there she was lying down so i didn't bother plus when we gave her to the girls at the Kennel she looked at us and started to softly whine. I just kissed her and said she would be fine. This is just like me to dwell on what I did wrong.
The letter from the Lawyer should be at the vets by now. I really don't care. I will still see our vet but will board them at another place.
Now Texas aren't you glad you asked? Love your little guy but I am reading this from the last page to where I left off. I did read that he had a good night and that is such a good sign.
Lorrie...you did NOTHING WRONG! Keep me updated on the vet and lawyer. They should be held accountable.

Watson had a good night and he is peeing now...no poops yet. He also started to drink water and he ate two little niblets of food today. I have to work tonight and I am worried sick over him. My neighbor is coming over to check on him before she goes to sleep.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Default NJ and Texas

Quote:
Well, my first night went great! I put him in his crate by my bed and turned out the lights. I kept hearing him against the metal door. I said "No Watson"
maybe twice and then he laid down and went to sleep. I got up around 9 am and he was sitting there looking up at me!! He never barked or cried or pee'ed or pooped in his crate! I took him outside--didn't go to the bathroom. Now he is in his fenced area with food/water. I am hoping he eats today. I left the room to see if he would maybe eat without me there, because he wants out when I am in the room. He doesn't cry or bark! He will wimper very softly ....thats all.
Texas Watson has to eat. Did the place you got him give or tell you what they were feeding him. Amy our Pap was the same way and we kept a tube (I forget the name of it) so her blood sugar wouldn't drop. She hated the dry food she had been given so I got her a can of puppy Cesars canned food and mixed it with min rice. She loved it and that did the trick. She still gets that and i still mix it with rice since her tummy gets upset easily. The other 3 get their dry food. I hope she has eaten by the time you read this.
Still reading backwards.

NJ what a horrible thing to have happened to your daughter. My heart was beating so fast as I was reading your post. Thank goodness all is well. Kids are our joy and we love them so and to see them hurt is devestating.

Old 08-15-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
wow shel its been a while since we had a puppy...crate training is good..i am pretty sure we shut the crate door at night and we always kept the crate in with us in the bedroom. Be sure to put maybe a piece of your clothing in the crate with him so he has your scent..

Any other suggestions out there, probably a ton online on crate training, Shel..
CoCo I insisted on her being crated at night with the door locked. The last three we have all sleep on our bed even though two of the three have crates for their safe place and if we go out. They never did the all night thing like all our previous dogs did because Gary hated the crying. I kept Coco's crate in our diningroom area just because if the crate was put in our bedroom she would have seen the other three and her crate training would have stopped before it started. She like my other two loved her crate unlike Elkie the doxie who would almost have a breakdown everytime she was put in the crate. Now 13 years later I find her sleeping during the day in one of the others crates.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:23 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,052,377 times
Quote:
I have a funny story...I was sitting here typeing this morning and I head him growl/barkl! He has not made a sound since I brought him home. So I panicked, thinking he was hurt...I looked and he had discovered himself in my mirrored closet doors!! He thought it was another puppy--he was running back and forth trying to interact with his mirror image!!! Then he got so excited he pee'ed on my bedroom carpet!! HAHAHA That's so funny and showing that he is already feeling 'at home'. God I love puppies.

He finally ate a few nibbles of his food this afternoon and he drank some milk and some water over at the neighbors!! I am so relieved...was worrying about hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) since you mentioned that.

He is learning his name. He LOVES LaCoda (the Burnese Mountain Dog).
I'm so happy he's eating and thought he would once he got over the trauma of moving. So happy you have such great neighbors!

And yeah, feeling something small and furry next to my leg in the middle of the night Dear God - took me a bit to get used to him doing that 'cause until he got older and I moved to the beach house (which I moved out of when I opened the office in Boquete) he slept under the covers next to me.

Oh and Wisteria didn't post pics - she wrote me via the little scales at the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Lorrie it is going to be tough for a while. God when my pseudo called me from the vet 2 years ago on the 13th of June telling me that Sasha was in such bad pain there was no other choice and I was telling her good bye, I balled like a baby all day at the office, and on and off for quite a while. They're family. Why after losing my Rott it took me so long to get another dog and I picked Sasha because she was the polar opposite of Heiden. XXOO

Old 08-15-2009, 05:48 PM

Quote:
OK--everyone---DRUM ROLL PLEASE! I have some exciting news to post! (No I didn't sell the house ).....

Introducing "Watson"--my new morkie!! He is a maltese/yorkie mix! I pick him up tomorrow!!
Site Builder

Just got to Watsons picture Texas and the smaller one i saw didn't do him justice what a cutie. Those eyes. I want to hold him. Please pass him thru my PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate