Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 05:31 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,049,410 times

Advertisements

Good God you girls *** LOL - had to go back at least 3 pages and probably needed to go back 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

He is doing great! How's Albert? OK...I have to try "bengals suck" and see if it comes up...if not I will try saving yours! Roc dude posted a somewhat decent post on the Steelers thread, while others were laughing about the Steelers loss.

Albert's doing good girl and that story about being so windy you were glad you had Watson on a leash made me almost pee my pants I can just see him off the ground, with the only thing keeping him from flying away was the leash LOL Glad Roc posted a somewhat decent post but after all from what i'm reading it was the Bungles only won by 3 points so . . . he can't say too much. Plus it's early in the season.

Anne: Where you at girlfriend? She's probably still sitting at the dang bus stop! Might as well put up a tent
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Checking in to say hello to all

We have enjoyed quite the indian summer here, but now today we have high winds and gusts and it is 57 out. DH took our rockers off front porch last night and put them up because of anticipated winds, so I guess fall is really settling in. Do sometimes miss the change of seasons (I loved Fall), but i console myself with the fact we have plants that have different colors in them so it's kind-of like fall.

oooh Lacey that is shockingly Coooold for this time of year NMB sounds like a plan. That would be fun to rent a beach house during that time of year, one that accepts dogs for us. You should do it! After I heard how cold it was in MN, i swear I will never use the 'cold' word again.

Welcome back C'ma So you will be able to be a FT Granny now, sounds like!

Sara, did I miss something girl? Know you got back but went back pages and and pages and pages, and just saw your one post - is DD and DGD moving near you??

A week from today on Monday night football it is MN V Greenbay. You may want to make sure to check it out Joy. Will be fun to see what Farve can pull off. He always seems to get nervous under pressure. His ego has been waiting for this day for a long time

Ok I gotta get busy
GO PACKS (plus Farve has a cute A$$)! Frickin' hate the Vikings - well, only because the pseudo grew up in MN. When I THOUGHT I was married liked them, now BOO BOO BOO PLEASE remind me closer to the game that's it's coming on (like the weekend) so I can program my direct TV to switch over to it. That way I can go back and forth between other things and root for the Packs (die Vikings, die LOL) - course Packs one of the teams I've been watching since I was a kid, like the Steelers. Oh God I hope they don't play each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good morning ladies, I got up about 7, got up once to let the little doxie man out, then i couldnt go back to sleep, was hurting, my back, so read in bed for a while..guess I should have taken a pain pill..i have degenerative arthritis in my lower back and if I end up on my belly or back i cannot roll over the pain is so horrible..anyway, i really need to get some things done here, my office is a holy mess and its starting to really get to me, but not today I guess.

tomorrow I have an appt for a osteoporosis bone scan or test or whatever, thats scary because when i was at the dr on Thursday, I have shrunk half an inch, i am not 5'4 1/2" Aaargh. Then Wednesday I have a pelvic ultrasound...great..well get that stuff done with I guess. No problems there, just checkin' I guess.

Not much going on, need to pay some bills today, how exciting NOT.

Later..
Hey Barb, if you have pain pills please take them - sorry about other results from doc Hopefully once he gets you on that one program he's seen success with you'll start feeling better. Yeah, and paying bills is always my favorite time of the month NOT!

Quote:

Yes...Autumn is here and soon to be followed by Winter. I am actually looking forward to Winter and here is the reason why.
I have a family of ground hogs digging holes in my yard and crapping big piles of poo all over my back yard. Every day I go out and sweep up at least 15 piles of poo. It is disgusting. Next Spring...when they start coming out of hibernation, I am going to do some heavy duty trapping.
Right on advice about mothballs - I used them on frickin' chipmunks that caused total havic when I lived in the mountains so I'd put mothballs down their holes, or in the rocks where they hung out. Pretty soon they moved to someone elses sub

Oh, you think their crap is bad? Try walking out to chicken Ugh. Think it's the baby chicks especially when it starts raining 'cause I'll come home and a ton of them will go running off my porch. Ugh, but they are cute so I don't threaten them with the 'crock pot' like I do with the Roosters.

Quote:

Now that is funny as hell because we have been dealing with this on a smaller level. We have a entirely enclosed fence but there was a small gap where it met the house. Several months ago a gopher got in and was leaving piles of shat...it took us a while to figure out and actually ever see the thing. Well CoCo became obsessed with the lil focker, even after we have blocked off its entrance point and it has been gone forever. Every time she goes out in the yard she goes to a planting area with mulch and a short picket decorative fence near the place we blocked off and sniffs and looks for it and messes up the bed. Funniest part is DH actually caught the lil focker and drove out in the country and let it loose. It had crawled up in our down spout. NO troubles since besides CoCo's obsession she can't get over, but seeing shat that was not my canines and cleaning up was gross!
That is absolutely hysterical about DH catching it and 'setting it free' LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tex-use mothballs or cayenne pepper where they dig. Watched that game and thought of you-I had the Steelers in the pool at Cheers.

The MN/GB game should be great and Favre's doing great sofar and took a huge hit after that last throw.

I cannot shake the stinkin blue funk I've been in and that's not usually me and this cold weather isn't helping. Was out and everyone's complaining.
Nothing, I mean nothing, colder than a MN winter - Ugh. Again, I will never ever use the cold word. Cool - it's cool, not cold here. God and then all the snow. At least it's only 'cool' here and no snow. Know your missin' the younguns too It is hard to go from having everyone together to . . . that's how I feel after Stefan has been here and then poof - time to put him back on a plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Now is the time of year that I start to really appreciate living down here! Last couple of days were in the high 70's and today is the low 80's. Rest of the week will also be in the mid to high 70's. Time to turn off the A/C and open the windows! I had one open today and Sophie sat on the sill and took in the breeze for quite awhile.

Got a message from DD this morning and she is planning on coming down for 5 days the end of March. WOOHOO!! We are going to have some great mother-daughter days. Yeah I know it's a ways in the future, but I'm excited. I know it's selfish, but I really like when it's just the 2 of us. We really never get to do that too much any more since I'm not within driving distance from her. I may plan on going up to her place next summer for maybe a week. I can actually drive it in 1.5 days and stop to stay at a friends house in between.
That's great Roth about DD coming for a visit! And it's not selfish to want 'girl time'. My son hates the fact that when I see him I want him around all the time LOL it's like MOM!!!!!!! And since you can stay at a friends house to get to her place, maybe that's a good way to get to see her more often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Amy, now i know what you mean about issues with your husband. i just had a big blow out with my DH about something fishy with the inspection. (also something fishy with past realtor in Colorado, but whatever). Got yelled at like a 5 year old. I responded that I can't even express my fears (that is so Therapist-like, ick!!) He told me to stop stressing, it's causing him stress. hey thanks.
Men, that's all I can say. Me, me, me, me like little babies LOL. Hope you got my DM about how you can check her out and see if she's with that brokerage. Oh, and keep the whole 'frying pan upside the head' in mind next time he yells at you

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
scrubadub dub here...........tore apart the dining room and living room---spotless. BUtttt....I have not succeeded in totally ruining the carpet! A couple of months back I did a spot treatment with that stupid oxy stuff, thought I loved it but now those spots are bleached totally WHITE. They are right in the middle of the dang room and stick out like a sore thumb. Can anyone say buyers are gonna complain about carpets now? They are getting brighter and brighter, called around no one does carpet dying any more either. Tried the ole hot tea thing to, next stop will be for some ritz dye or maybe dirt!
Sure you thought of this, but how about a professional carpet cleaner/company to work on it? There has to be a way to fix it - I mean for the love of God, we can send a man to the moon - so has to be a way to fix the carpet. I'll try googling and see if I can find something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post

Everything went well. He said that the title agent was able to send out a contract, but could not provide legal advise to anyone. So, I took all the paperwork over this morning. He is on top of things. The thing that worries me is that we need a new check sent out for the down payment. I hadn't heard from the new attorney, so I called him to find out what was going on and he had a call in to the other attorney, but no return call.

It's going to be fine - this just happened and if your 'real' attorney spins it right it'll be okay. I will not comment on that "title agent' 'cause I've beaten that dead horse so much there's not even bones left (though he should have disclosed it - whoops, just slipped out)
Dang, there were so many posts here I have no idea at this point who posted and who didn't - well I know little Annie 'cause she's probably sitting next to the curb waiting for psycho bus driver.

My day was pretty good, found out 2 of our properties under contract will close this week! Just in time to pay overhead. Dang there's always a downside LOL. Think I'm gonna grab something to much on and I'll check back later I'm hungry so going to go scrounge.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:00 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,424 times
Joy dear...you do realize Farve's cute butt now plays for MN..he is their new QB??? cuz it didn't sound like it?! So it will be a most special game for us in WI as so many of us hate the egomaniac Farve became. All in fun though at least for me. I will remind you. Glad you had a good day...now get some cerveza's in ya and it will be a good night.

NJ must be caught up at that bus stop...ai yai yai...I have never heard of a school bus arriving that late, unless it was the after school activities one, but for pre k??!!

Ahh Stoy so your dh was dissing internet advice...my dh has done that too and even our agent and someone else once...but yet every business etc. directs you straight to the internet. We have radon issue here with our soil but thank god most don't even go there. Our agent acted like it was a non issue. I don't think testing is done very often here.

OH that is so true about being married and the stress of selling, buying, moving. Somehow we made it through after we were at each others throats countless times, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel girls! Yeah Tambre men just don't think like us but then there is a good woman behind every man right? Ooops I guess that is not always applicable so never mind.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,375,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well I had an email from a couple interested in this place, transfered here, wife still back at old house till sold, blah blah blah. He said he drove out and looked at it, gonna talk to wife again tonight and will "probably" want to see it. They want all 14 acres too! This would be a FSBO, not with the agent, a deal made with her prior to listing because of the advertising I did while in between agents. She told me IF I sold it she would be happy to do the paperwork for 2%, yeah right! My friend told me she would do the contract for 250., a big difference there. Chances are this will not happen anyway, I snooped at their place and all I can say is WOW
I hope this goes through for you Painter--I am saying prayers that this is your buyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Oh no, Tex, i totally didnt take it that way!!! sorry if it seemed that way. i just was trying to get you against him! strength in numbers!!! no, seriously, just trying to lighten the situation. we already talked about it, agreed to be nicer to each other, and i made him apologize (after i did, of course)
Well, I'm glad I didn't offend you. I should just keep my nose out of posts that concern arguing between married couples! I know nothing of being married or the ups/downs that come with it. I'm always on your side Stoy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
[b]
course Packs one of the teams I've been watching since I was a kid, like the Steelers. Oh God I hope they don't play each other

Right on advice about mothballs - I used them on frickin' chipmunks that caused total havic when I lived in the mountains so I'd put mothballs down their holes, or in the rocks where they hung out. Pretty soon they moved to someone elses sub

Oh, you think their crap is bad? Try walking out to chicken Ugh. Think it's the baby chicks especially when it starts raining 'cause I'll come home and a ton of them will go running off my porch. Ugh, but they are cute so I don't threaten them with the 'crock pot' like I do with the Roosters.

Know your missin' the younguns too It is hard to go from having everyone together to . . . that's how I feel after Stefan has been here and then poof - time to put him back on a plane

My day was pretty good, found out 2 of our properties under contract will close this week! Just in time to pay overhead. Dang there's always a downside LOL. Think I'm gonna grab something to much on and I'll check back later I'm hungry so going to go scrounge.
We don't play GB this season, unless we see them in the playoffs.

I think I will buy some mothballs on Wed when I am off work. Thank God Winter is almost here ..they will be hibernating soon.

That has to be hard leaving family or family leaving you (hugs to all who suffer through that). I am sure I'll be feeling the same way once I move to Texas.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Joy dear...you do realize Farve's cute butt now plays for MN..he is their new QB

NJ must be caught up at that bus stop...ai yai yai...I have never heard of a school bus arriving that late, unless it was the after school activities one, but for pre k??!!
Yea Joy...Farve no longer plays for GB!!

Did you hear where Obama wants to make the school day longer and extend the school term? There's no telling when Anne will be getting her kids off the bus then! That is too long of a day for little ones.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 PM

So speaking of men LMFAO

Old 09-28-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Joy dear...you do realize Farve's cute butt now plays for MN..he is their new QB??? cuz it didn't sound like it?! So it will be a most special game for us in WI as so many of us hate the egomaniac Farve became. All in fun though at least for me. I will remind you. Glad you had a good day...now get some cerveza's in ya and it will be a good night.
Well, cute a$$ or not guess he shouldn't have gone to the Vikings. I don't root for any MN team or AZ team (pseudo went to law school in Tempe). GO PACKS and hope they sack the crap out of him (just leave his butt alone LOL). Hmmm maybe a few anger issues to work on

Old 09-28-2009, 06:39 PM

[quote=c21boquetebocasgold;10961084]So speaking of men LMFAO/quote]

Agreed

Old 09-28-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Yea Joy...Farve no longer plays for GB!!

Did you hear where Obama wants to make the school day longer and extend the school term? There's no telling when Anne will be getting her kids off the bus then! That is too long of a day for little ones.
Well it's like that in Paris and I guess it would be convenient for working parents, but I think it's too much.

Old 09-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
So speaking of men LMFAO
OMG--LMAO!! I spit iced tea all over my computer screen!!

Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,874,271 times
Hang in there Stoy! You're almost there!! I'm not trying to defend him, but men totally think differently. He is probably feeling so out of control of the situation that it is really pushing all his buttons. Men have to feel in control and he can't stand it that he isn't and that he is wrong on some things on top of it all. Unfortunately, they tend to take it out on those closest to them. They are just hard wired so differently and can't see things that are so different from their own little tunnel vision world.

Ugh, tell me about selling and marriage stress! I'm thinking that selling/moving/buying is the worst stress out there because the answer to correcting the problem lies in someone else's hands (the buyer). It seems as though every time we talk to each other we end up arguing about something. Then if I get mad, he gets pi$$ier about everything. Plus he is spending more time with his brother who is an a$$ first class and it is now starting to rub off on him. I told him that I was NOT my sister-in-law and he better not start acting as obnoxious as his brother as I wouldn't take it. I'm afraid that by the time we are able to live together again we will be so used to living apart that we'll end up arguing all the time. I'm trying to be understanding, but he is really starting to push MY buttons! His tunnel vision is why we waited a year to paint the outside of the house and why there are still a few things inside that I feel need to be done but he refuses to see it.

OK, I just have to vent here............First, let me say, I absolutely positively HATE football! No one can imagine how much I hate it. Sorry Shelley! Also hate baseball, hockey and basketball, but that's beside the point. (I am, however, a NASCAR fan) I was so looking forward to watching the premiere of Trauma tonight, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Stupid, effing Carolina Panthers game is on NBC and Time Warner only has ONE NBC channel available!!!!!!!!!! I wrote to them before telling them that for those of us who couldn't care less about the stupid games, but DO want to watch other programs and do NOT appreciate having them pre-empted by stupid football continually, it would be nice if they had some other corresponding channel that we can watch. I can NOT believe that I will continually have to miss programs I want to watch because of the stupid games until February. Geez, I thought it was bad in PA, but at least Comcast had 2 NBC channels available. AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by rothbear; 09-28-2009 at 07:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate