Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 AM

11,864 posts, read 11,070,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
OMG JOY!! Send me the link to that photo of the tiger in handcuffs!!!! I HAVE TO HAVE THAT FOR FUTURE ARSENAL!! (you know what I'm talking about!) I have tried to find this on photobucket and can't. What did you type in to search for this image?
Hey, Shel, it's there 'cause I saved it to my photobucket account - anyway when I googled bengals suck it popped up on one of the pages - you might even be able to right click on the pic I posted and do a 'save as'. Never tried to save a pic off a post before but that might work. How's our boy today other than dang cute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
hey girls, I am heading to bed...took my meds and expecting they will kick in soon. no nausea today so hoping for a GOOD day tomorrow.

I was thinking today that I am going to start working my Mary Kay business again..I have been what we call a 'personal use' consultant for the past 6 years since I got so ill with the fatigue...i cant do the going to someones house for a class or party, but the product is so good and I need something to keep me busy i think I can do more online with it.

What do you all think? I was thinking that I would offer all my current and new customers 20% off on everything until December 31 to try to build my business a little. The tax benefits are pretty good too.

Well thats what I get for sitting around thinking all day..

ok heading for bed girls...love you all hugs
Barb I think that's a fantastic idea! Not only do on-line, but get info out to women in your area and hold a Mary Kay party at your house (down the line if you're still struggling with boxes or whatnot). You could even offer them the same incentives for their first purchases. But I think it's a great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all RISE AND SHINE out there!!! Okey dokie Joy, I beat you in again, whats up with that? Been up awhile, it is nice out and they are predicting only a small chance for rain on the weekend and none all week! Yep the stars are aliegning up for me here............
Any way still have alot to do around here and I lost motivation and the motoration but am going searching for it today. LOL, decided to recover my head board too......oh going for the that "spa" look in there, LOL.............
I be here and actually was on-line, just on talking with MAM and responding to her post on Amy's thread. God what a CF and that's what I, from a biz standpoint LOVE about CD. I learn so much about how RE is handled in various areas of the States, which benefits me down here. Well, I woke up to sun, but now it's overcast, wind picking up so . . . looks like it'll rain today like yesterday, but it only rained for a bit yesterday so fingers crossed same today. And boy can I relate with 'searching for motivation' LOL Dang got so much to do today and this week, and just feel like doin' nothing - in my dreams LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Painter and all to follow. It's like freakin winter here, wind chill 39, 35MPH winds-sucks I tell ya, really sucks and the rest of the week doesn't look much better. Have to look for a condo rental for Dec/Jan in Myrtle Beach!
Dear God that's cold I will never complain about being cold again; never. Glad you're looking at getting the heck out of dodge for Dec/Jan. Ugh. COLD COLD COLD. Brrrrrrrrrr

Amy, guess you're at attorneys office or RE agents office or SOMEONE's office this AM. I'm sure everything is going to work out okay now that you have a 'real' attorney handling things. (still think he misrepreseted himself which is what I posted after MAM's post). God I love how she words some stuff like 'clearing the termites off the table' and clarifying about attorney review states and attorney states. At the end of her post last night even SHE was ready for a Chivas LOL But it's all going to work out okay!

Kristine, hows our new niece doing? Has she dropped anymore? Sure you have another never ending Dr. appt. so let us know.

Sara, hope you're doing good and we're all still keeping you in our prayers XXOO

Annie, guess you're camped out at the bus stop wondering when the driver will decide to show up today. Dang that woman - hope you have your coffee maker with you. You mothers on that route can have morning coffee/donuts while you WAIT for bus driver

Goldy, hope you enjoyed your weekend doing fun things.

Lorrie, so Miss Willow's stiches should have come out on Friday. How's the little girl doing?

Stoy, how's everything there? Still doing the box thing?

HDL, I will rag you until you post a hi and I am relentless so just say "I give' and post a quick hi

Jody, hope you had a funfilled weekend and sold a ton of houses! You keep so busy, I feel like a sloth compared to you.

So I'm sure I forgot some campers, but need to get ready to head to the office. My assistant has to go with her new husband over to the Caribbean side for the day (he has a business and hasn't gone over there before so doesn't now roads), so must take up the slack.

Everyone have a great day and I'll see you tonight

Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,397,188 times
Quote:

I was thinking today that I am going to start working my Mary Kay business again..I have been what we call a 'personal use' consultant for the past 6 years since I got so ill with the fatigue...i cant do the going to someones house for a class or party, but the product is so good and I need something to keep me busy i think I can do more online with it.

What do you all think? I was thinking that I would offer all my current and new customers 20% off on everything until December 31 to try to build my business a little. The tax benefits are pretty good too.
I think it's a great idea Barb!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all RISE AND SHINE out there!!! Okey dokie Joy, I beat you in again, whats up with that? Been up awhile, it is nice out and they are predicting only a small chance for rain on the weekend and none all week! Yep the stars are aliegning up for me here............
Any way still have alot to do around here and I lost motivation and the motoration but am going searching for it today. LOL, decided to recover my head board too......oh going for the that "spa" look in there, LOL.............
I think you sent the rain to PA!! It has been raining non stop here for days! I am so sick of rain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Morning Painter and all to follow. It's like freakin winter here, wind chill 39, 35MPH winds-sucks I tell ya, really sucks and the rest of the week doesn't look much better. Have to look for a condo rental for Dec/Jan in Myrtle Beach!
Brrrr....I don't know how you live up there in that constant cold weather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Hey, Shel, it's there 'cause I saved it to my photobucket account - anyway when I googled bengals suck it popped up on one of the pages - you might even be able to right click on the pic I posted and do a 'save as'. Never tried to save a pic off a post before but that might work. How's our boy today other than dang cute?
He is doing great! How's Albert? OK...I have to try "bengals suck" and see if it comes up...if not I will try saving yours! Roc dude posted a somewhat decent post on the Steelers thread, while others were laughing about the Steelers loss.

Tambre: I hope everything is getting ironed out today and you are soon on your way to Missouri.

Anne: Where you at girlfriend?

Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,609,821 times
Wink Happy Monday everyone

Checking in to say hello to all

Tambre sorry to hear of your problems with title agent...sure hope it doesn't delay your closing and everything gets back on track!

We have enjoyed quite the indian summer here, but now today we have high winds and gusts and it is 57 out. DH took our rockers off front porch last night and put them up because of anticipated winds, so I guess fall is really settling in.

oooh Lacey that is shockingly Coooold for this time of year NMB sounds like a plan. That would be fun to rent a beach house during that time of year, one that accepts dogs for us.

Welcome back C'ma So you will be able to be a FT Granny now, sounds like!

Great to hear you should actually have good weather for your open Painter!

Couldn't believe that Steelers loss yesterday... and it was so close. We carried the game so I had to watch. The Pack won against the Rams.

A week from today on Monday night football it is MN V Greenbay. You may want to make sure to check it out Joy. Will be fun to see what Farve can pull off. He always seems to get nervous under pressure. His ego has been waiting for this day for a long time

Ok I gotta get busy

Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,290,834 times
Good morning ladies, I got up about 7, got up once to let the little doxie man out, then i couldnt go back to sleep, was hurting, my back, so read in bed for a while..guess I should have taken a pain pill..i have degenerative arthritis in my lower back and if I end up on my belly or back i cannot roll over the pain is so horrible..anyway, i really need to get some things done here, my office is a holy mess and its starting to really get to me, but not today I guess.

tomorrow I have an appt for a osteoporosis bone scan or test or whatever, thats scary because when i was at the dr on Thursday, I have shrunk half an inch, i am not 5'4 1/2" Aaargh. Then Wednesday I have a pelvic ultrasound...great..well get that stuff done with I guess. No problems there, just checkin' I guess.

Lacey, my sis in IL says its WINDY there, too, stuff blowin all over...still warm here, but supposed to be cooling off later in the week. I can't wait to feel a little chill in the air.

Not much going on, need to pay some bills today, how exciting NOT.

Later..

Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

We have enjoyed quite the indian summer here, but now today we have high winds and gusts and it is 57 out. DH took our rockers off front porch last night and put them up because of anticipated winds, so I guess fall is really settling in.

Couldn't believe that Steelers loss yesterday... and it was so close. We carried the game so I had to watch. The Pack won against the Rams.

A week from today on Monday night football it is MN V Greenbay. You may want to make sure to check it out Joy. Will be fun to see what Farve can pull off. He always seems to get nervous under pressure. His ego has been waiting for this day for a long time

Ok I gotta get busy
We are having high wind gusts here today also! It's a good thing Watson is on a leash when I take him outside because he will get blown away....his ears will be his wings!!!

The Steelers have really disappointed me the past 2 weeks. They should have won that game yesterday. I can't believe they let the Bengals come back in the 2nd half.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Good morning ladies, I got up about 7, got up once to let the little doxie man out, then i couldnt go back to sleep, was hurting, my back, so read in bed for a while..guess I should have taken a pain pill..i have degenerative arthritis in my lower back and if I end up on my belly or back i cannot roll over the pain is so horrible..anyway, i really need to get some things done here, my office is a holy mess and its starting to really get to me, but not today I guess.

tomorrow I have an appt for a osteoporosis bone scan or test or whatever, thats scary because when i was at the dr on Thursday, I have shrunk half an inch, i am not 5'4 1/2" Aaargh. Then Wednesday I have a pelvic ultrasound...great..well get that stuff done with I guess. No problems there, just checkin' I guess.

Lacey, my sis in IL says its WINDY there, too, stuff blowin all over...still warm here, but supposed to be cooling off later in the week. I can't wait to feel a little chill in the air.

Not much going on, need to pay some bills today, how exciting NOT.

Later..
I need to pay bills today too...

Hope you feel better soon.

Yes...Autumn is here and soon to be followed by Winter. I am actually looking forward to Winter and here is the reason why.
I have a family of ground hogs digging holes in my yard and crapping big piles of poo all over my back yard. Every day I go out and sweep up at least 15 piles of poo. It is disgusting. Next Spring...when they start coming out of hibernation, I am going to do some heavy duty trapping.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:13 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,290,834 times
Tex, next spring you will be in Texas, won't have to worry about those groundhogs..want me to send Halo out there to see you, he is a digger and lives to chase those things, lol.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Tex, next spring you will be in Texas, won't have to worry about those groundhogs..want me to send Halo out there to see you, he is a digger and lives to chase those things, lol.
I hope you are right Barb! Yes...send Halo!!! Watson just barks at them! His bark does scare them off though, but they always come back.

I sent for my renewal passport on Friday!!! Getting ready to cruise! C'mon girls...get it booked!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:27 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,609,821 times
Quote:
We are having high wind gusts here today also! It's a good thing Watson is on a leash when I take him outside because he will get blown away....his ears will be his wings!!!

^^That was funny LOL

The Steelers have really disappointed me the past 2 weeks. They should have won that game yesterday. I can't believe they let the Bengals come back in the 2nd half.
It was a shocker to see them lose by 3 points! I figured you must have been cussing the screen!
Quote:
I need to pay bills today too...

Hope you feel better soon. Me too. Drs. appts aren't fun but necessary part of life I guess

Yes...Autumn is here and soon to be followed by Winter. I am actually looking forward to Winter and here is the reason why.
I have a family of ground hogs digging holes in my yard and crapping big piles of poo all over my back yard. Every day I go out and sweep up at least 15 piles of poo. It is disgusting. Next Spring...when they start coming out of hibernation, I am going to do some heavy duty trapping.
Now that is funny as hell because we have been dealing with this on a smaller level. We have a entirely enclosed fence but there was a small gap where it met the house. Several months ago a gopher got in and was leaving piles of shat...it took us a while to figure out and actually ever see the thing. Well CoCo became obsessed with the lil focker, even after we have blocked off its entrance point and it has been gone forever. Every time she goes out in the yard she goes to a planting area with mulch and a short picket decorative fence near the place we blocked off and sniffs and looks for it and messes up the bed. Funniest part is DH actually caught the lil focker and drove out in the country and let it loose. It had crawled up in our down spout. NO troubles since besides CoCo's obsession she can't get over, but seeing shat that was not my canines and cleaning up was gross!

Old 09-28-2009, 12:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,892,799 times
Tex-use mothballs or cayenne pepper where they dig. Watched that game and thought of you-I had the Steelers in the pool at Cheers.

The MN/GB game should be great and Favre's doing great sofar and took a huge hit after that last throw.

I cannot shake the stinkin blue funk I've been in and that's not usually me and this cold weather isn't helping. Was out and everyone's complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate