Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,397,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Amy, now i know what you mean about issues with your husband. i just had a big blow out with my DH about something fishy with the inspection. (also something fishy with past realtor in Colorado, but whatever). Got yelled at like a 5 year old. I responded that I can't even express my fears (that is so Therapist-like, ick!!) He told me to stop stressing, it's causing him stress. hey thanks.
This house selling/moving stuff is very stressful--I can't imagine being married through this because I am sure we would be at each other's throats. Good luck to all you married couples going through this. Barb and Carl got through it and so will you, Stoy and Amy!!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,030,812 times
Would you still be saying that, Tex, if you knew my husband said that you can't believe anything on the "realtor forum" ?? I got defensive!

So i have been making DH dinner since 4 o'clock, turkey meatballs smell like Long John Silver's hush puppies. Kinda taste like them, too.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:12 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,455,389 times
scrubadub dub here...........tore apart the dining room and living room---spotless. BUtttt....I have not succeeded in totally ruining the carpet! A couple of months back I did a spot treatment with that stupid oxy stuff, thought I loved it but now those spots are bleached totally WHITE. They are right in the middle of the dang room and stick out like a sore thumb. Can anyone say buyers are gonna complain about carpets now? They are getting brighter and brighter, called around no one does carpet dying any more either. Tried the ole hot tea thing to, next stop will be for some ritz dye or maybe dirt!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:22 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,397,188 times
Quote:
Would you still be saying that, Tex, if you knew my husband said that you can't believe anything on the "realtor forum" ?? I got defensive!
I wasn't saying you were wrong! I'm not sure what you read into my post but what I said is:
"This house selling/moving stuff is very stressful--I can't imagine being married through this because I am sure we would be at each other's throats."

I guess it's up to each married couple as to whether or not they get through it with their marriage intact.

I'm sorry if I offended you--didn't mean to was just remarking on the stress that is involved with selling/moving, etc...

Old 09-28-2009, 04:25 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,159,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Tambre-he's foinf so great and for that I am thankful. This always occurs after I leave the kids and grands. Crazy thing-took a quiz on Facebook about where you should live and it came back NJ!!!! Blew my mind.

Holy crap, that's ironic!

How'd it go w/the new attorney?
[b]Everything went well. He said that the title agent was able to send out a contract, but could not provide legal advise to anyone. So, I took all the paperwork over this morning. He is on top of things. The thing that worries me is that we need a new check sent out for the down payment. I hadn't heard from the new attorney, so I called him to find out what was going on and he had a call in to the other attorney, but no return call. B]

Quote:
Amy, now i know what you mean about issues with your husband. i just had a big blow out with my DH about something fishy with the inspection. (also something fishy with past realtor in Colorado, but whatever). Got yelled at like a 5 year old. I responded that I can't even express my fears (that is so Therapist-like, ick!!) He told me to stop stressing, it's causing him stress. hey thanks.
Sorry that your DH is also being mean and nasty. What is wrong with being analytical? If something doesn't seem right to you, maybe you're picking up on subtleties and most men don't operate in that realm. What do you think is going on with the inspection?

Old 09-28-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
This house selling/moving stuff is very stressful--I can't imagine being married through this because I am sure we would be at each other's throats. Good luck to all you married couples going through this. Barb and Carl got through it and so will you, Stoy and Amy!!
Yeah, it is stressful. I think in our personal situation, the fact that we are facing moving with no jobs lined up is what's putting my dh over the edge. Well, that and moving away from the kids. Also, he's a real steady type of person, who doesn't respond to change well. He worked at his first job for 25 years, and has been at this current one for about 8. Still, no excuse for being mean and dismissing.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:39 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,455,389 times
Oh gals, I know what you all are saying, lol, I was married once during a move or two. NOT fun for wives at all. Oh the horror stories I could tell, but now I am single going on 10 yrs and wish I had someone to fight with over this just till I move, no longer.

Well I had an email from a couple interested in this place, transfered here, wife still back at old house till sold, blah blah blah. He said he drove out and looked at it, gonna talk to wife again tonight and will "probably" want to see it. They want all 14 acres too! This would be a FSBO, not with the agent, a deal made with her prior to listing because of the advertising I did while in between agents. She told me IF I sold it she would be happy to do the paperwork for 2%, yeah right! My friend told me she would do the contract for 250., a big difference there. Chances are this will not happen anyway, I snooped at their place and all I can say is WOW

Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Oh gals, I know what you all are saying, lol, I was married once during a move or two. NOT fun for wives at all. Oh the horror stories I could tell, but now I am single going on 10 yrs and wish I had someone to fight with over this just till I move, no longer.

Well I had an email from a couple interested in this place, transfered here, wife still back at old house till sold, blah blah blah. He said he drove out and looked at it, gonna talk to wife again tonight and will "probably" want to see it. They want all 14 acres too! This would be a FSBO, not with the agent, a deal made with her prior to listing because of the advertising I did while in between agents. She told me IF I sold it she would be happy to do the paperwork for 2%, yeah right! My friend told me she would do the contract for 250., a big difference there. Chances are this will not happen anyway, I snooped at their place and all I can say is WOW
That's fantastic Painter! Maybe they'll be competing with the other offer you are going to get from your Open House!

Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I wasn't saying you were wrong! I'm not sure what you read into my post but what I said is:
"This house selling/moving stuff is very stressful--I can't imagine being married through this because I am sure we would be at each other's throats."

I guess it's up to each married couple as to whether or not they get through it with their marriage intact.

I'm sorry if I offended you--didn't mean to was just remarking on the stress that is involved with selling/moving, etc...
Oh no, Tex, i totally didnt take it that way!!! sorry if it seemed that way. i just was trying to get you against him! strength in numbers!!! no, seriously, just trying to lighten the situation. we already talked about it, agreed to be nicer to each other, and i made him apologize (after i did, of course)

Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Yeah, it is stressful. I think in our personal situation, the fact that we are facing moving with no jobs lined up is what's putting my dh over the edge. Well, that and moving away from the kids. Also, he's a real steady type of person, who doesn't respond to change well. He worked at his first job for 25 years, and has been at this current one for about 8. Still, no excuse for being mean and dismissing.
tambre, same as my husband!! same job for 20 years, worried about finding one in this economy.

We got a high radon test and inspector was a bit wishy washy when we asked anything else on the report. Told us we dont have to agree to do anything, but then also said we have nothing to worry about. (said this before he got the radon reading.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate