Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,278,169 times

Advertisements

Good morning campers...trying to get some things done here, think i will make some banana bread with some way over done bananas and try out the new oven.. the new dishwasher was run for the first time last night and it was nice and quiet and it really dried well..so color me happy...

My head still hurts, its like a low grade pain though, enough to make me want to take something and take a nap. Oh wait, i do that anyway..lol..

Hammy that is funny about your pup barking at your baby...we didn't have house dogs when the boys were babies so never really dealt with dogs and babies at the same time..would be kind of interesting.. How is little Ham doing? Is he ready for school?

Well not much doing, going to make that bread in a bit and take a nappy..my sister arrives from IL tomorrow she is flying out of Midway into Ontario so will pick her up in the afternoon, and then we have pedi/mani appointments at 6:30 with her daughters in law and step daughter i Indio..so will have to hustle back. Hope the traffic is light..

Ok chat later girls..

Old 08-17-2009, 12:13 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,378,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Texas, you sound like such a mommy, it's heartwarming. Your little Watson is lucky to have such a great home.
Thanks Tambre! I just love him so much. His bark is half growl and half bark--it's funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey Tex, how's your brother doing?
Thanks for asking about him!! He is walking with a cane...still doing PT. The lawyers are still working on the case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
All is fine here, thanks for the "safe" words. Slept all night and didn't hear a sound, so I don't believe we got much worse than an inch of rain out of it! All is clear and there isn't even any puddles out side, yeahhhhh......now we wait till next weekend for TS Ana.
My niece is worried about TS Ana. She lives near Boca. She is a firefighter and she just graduated from nursing school. Glad to hear you are safe Painter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Tex - your new puppy is so dang cute!!

I have a funny dog story to share. I have two dogs. One is a English Springer Spaniel and the other is a Border Collie/Springer mix. Well the Border is a bit psycho. He really is. He has to most hilarious peronality i have ever seen in a dog. Well this morning he jumped up on the bed with me and laid down against my stomach. Little Natalie did not like that one bit so she started kicking him. Chester just would turn his head and look at my stomach everytime she kicked. Then he got annoyed because she kept kicking and so he jumps up and starts barking at my stomach. It was hilarious!

Kristine
Thanks Kristine! That is so funny about Natalie kicking Chester!! How is little Ham doing? Does he start school? Isn't he 5?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well not much doing, going to make that bread in a bit and take a nappy..my sister arrives from IL tomorrow she is flying out of Midway into Ontario so will pick her up in the afternoon, and then we have pedi/mani appointments at 6:30 with her daughters in law and step daughter i Indio..so will have to hustle back. Hope the traffic is light..

Ok chat later girls..
Have fun with Cindy!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,278,169 times
Tex, did Watson have his vet appointment yet? let us know..

Old 08-17-2009, 12:19 PM

959 posts, read 1,825,401 times
Quote:
Hammy that is funny about your pup barking at your baby...we didn't have house dogs when the boys were babies so never really dealt with dogs and babies at the same time..would be kind of interesting.. How is little Ham doing? Is he ready for school?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Thanks Kristine! That is so funny about Natalie kicking Chester!! How is little Ham doing? Does he start school? Isn't he 5?
Thanks for asking about little ham. He starts kindergarten on the 9th of September, I just cannot believe it! He is such a big boy already! I know I am going to be a crying mess his first day of school. I was a crying mess at his preschool graduation for petesake!

Kristine

Old 08-17-2009, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Tex, that's awesome and again what great neighbors you have to help. The towel idea was ingenious - probably keeps it more 'his' level since he's still so small. He's one smart boy to drag out his pad 'cause they don't want to pee/poop where they sleep (do we) but was a big boy this morning and brought it out all by himself Ahhhh. Very happy he's realizing 'wow, i sure have it good here' and sticking to you like glue (amazing what love and $200 at Petsmart will do LOL). They are just so great to have around - good company. Your sister is just going to go ga ga over him and Bella, well . . . will probably be love at first sight (might want to have 'the talk' with Watson about girls LOL)

The pics were great LOL. Albert is just insane sometimes - just now took off around the room jumping up on my rocker, racing around the room - then he'll be ready for his morning nap. Dang cats sleep a lot.

So how is your bro doing? Is he still doin' in house therapy, etc? and whatever happened to that jerk who was talking on his cell phone who hit him? Guy should be in jail..
Yes..the towel was ingenious...but now he is eating from his bowl. I think he was afraid of it! He SLEEPS A LOT!! --sleeping now!!! I should run to the store while he is sleeping. I can't wait for my sister and Bella to meet him. Yes, Watson is going to have "the talk" about girls!! I am actually going to speak to the vet about how soon I can get him snipped!!!

Glad you enjoyed my pics I posted for you!!

My brother is doing great! He is walking with a cane, doing PT still and the lawyers are still working on the case. I hope he gets compensation...loss of work, pain and suffering, etc... I hope that the guy loses his license...he should not be driving.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Tex, did Watson have his vet appointment yet? let us know..
I am stopping at the vets when I go food shopping. Going to make an appt for him!!! Maybe I can get in as soon as tomorrow--no...that's just wishful thinking! I have to get out of here. He is asleep so I should bolt now!

Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Thanks for asking about little ham. He starts kindergarten on the 9th of September, I just cannot believe it! He is such a big boy already! I know I am going to be a crying mess his first day of school. I was a crying mess at his preschool graduation for petesake!

Kristine
Yea...you'll be crying!!! Wow...what a big boy--going off to kindergarten. I LOVED kindergarten--yes...I still remember it. I remember my K teacher. We sat at these short round tables that about 10 kids could sit around. I would crawl under the table and hide every time the principle came into the room!! I don't know why I was afraid of him..

He is going to have so much fun at school!! Does he only go half days?

You actually planned that out great, because you will have time to bond with Natalie and take care of her while Connor (That's his name, right?) is at school. Then when he comes home, you can lay Natalie down for her nap and focus on him and praise his school work!!

Old 08-17-2009, 01:10 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,523,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
We missed you! Glad to hear you battened down the hatches!!

I hope you get the compensation that you seek. Could you sue the owners of the blood hounds if you had their names? Could you get a court ordered deal...where they have to provide the names?

No and No. We couldn't sue the owners since the dogs were in the Kennel.I just would like to know if the had killed any other dog or bitten anyone that is why that should be reported. From what this so called lawyer said no. Yes if they were in the owners care but they were not.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,862,732 times
Gold-if only I knew-was never warned and we never violated TOS. Cannot get an answer and have dm'd twice.

Pretty upset here. Funky mood.

Kristrine-funny-my daughter has 2 border collies-hyper crazy plus a springer who thinks he's a lap dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate