Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 02:02 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times

Advertisements

I am sorry, no time at all to catch up-
to those that have emailed, and to you all, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time. You have no idea how appeciated they are...
This has got to be the worse things I have faced....
Daddy was moved just down the street to the hospice building this morning.

AND My sis, up in Shelby, has found out there is a larger mass on her lower right lung, among some other issues...They will biopsying it asap.

I just can;t write any more, but wanted to give dear campers an update, will hike in as I am able
hugs to all and peace to you & yours

ole crazyma

Old 09-01-2009, 02:22 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Just wanted to pipe in that they didn't require or suggest a cone for Peanut. He really didn't lick his stiches much. Now with my Golden years ago they gave us one to use. One thing that many do with the toy breeds (you larger breed owners can laugh) is to buy a baby onsie at Walmart or something on clearance for $2.50 and you put that on them to prevent licking. I did this with CoCo because a spay is more of a surgery. I would unsnap for potty breaks and roll it up around her and she was such a good lil trooper peeing like a pro right after surgery! To reiterate Tex, P had a ball that hadn't dropped so they just dug it out which made part of the surgery more like a spay so the price went up a little.
A onesie ....that is TOO CUTE!! I am definitely getting pre-blood work done! I'm a nurse--wouldn't have it any other way!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
All I have requested is a Wild Cheery Pepsi. That is it, that is all I want. Just give me a damn Pepsi! LOL

I am headed to the State Fair on Friday and ohhhh boy, I cannot wait. The glorious food!

Kristine
I love Fair food!! I'm jealous!! Diet wild cherry pepsi is my favorite pop!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I just had to write to you guys. We took Willow to be spayed today and get her hernia's repaired. An hour after we dropped her off the Vet called and said she couldn't do the surgery since after doing a blood test she found that Willow was anemic. We will be picking her up in a few hours since DH had to go for his blood test. The vet will be giving us some vitamins and see her in two weeks. I have no idea what to do. We can return her but the breeder told us she would then put her out to breed I cannot see this happening to her. We can wait two weeks and see if the vitamins help. I am just heart sick really don't know what to do. I should have waited for the Maltese I know she raises healthy dogs. I thought the Kennel were we got Willow was good also. They had just gotten checked by the AKC in July. First bad clue was her mom was expecting again, 2nd sign was her not saying a word about the hernias. Gary spotted the one and then their vet report said she might have the other type also. Should I just try and save her from going back. My heart says yes.
Sorry guys but I just had to put this all down and use you as a sounding board. I really can't go through this again right after CoCo.
Lorrie
You will make the right decision! With all the love you and Gary have, you will see Willow through the anemia and surgery. Anemia can be fixed, as can the hernias also. I would try the vitamins first and then see where you stand.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
I feel a lot better. We went to pick up Willow at 2 so we could talk to the vet again. As is turned out she needed to talk to us again also. She couldn't stop worrying about Willow and why she was anemic so she took another stool sample like they did Fri and she looked the whole thing over sure enough she spotted another parasite so she thinks that is the cause. She said she has never been so happy to find one as she was today. So willow came home with two syringes for the parasites and some vitamins. I hope that is the answer. She is a good vet. We never had an option we always had blood work done prior to any surgery.
Willow has such great people looking after her!

Old 09-01-2009, 02:57 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Lorrie, sounds like you have a good vet to find a parasite, those are sooo common in puppies...just take care of the parasite and the anemia will right itself...then the surgery and Willow will be fine..

We had a guy come out this morning and take measurements for cement slabs and retaining/garden wall against the back..we want to come out 9 feet from the fence, about 3 feet high, fill it with good soil and plant a couple citrus trees and our queen palms we just got. Waiting to here how much we are talking..hope its not a huge amount...this yard is going to take more than we thought so have to prioritize it..cement patio slabs first, need to get some patio covers but I guess that is not urgent, need to get some sod done for the dogs..I want to just wave a magic wand and have it done and that is not gonna happen.

Tex, I went to Arcadia High School, and Carl grew up in Pasadena...I know some areas of Altadena in the foothills are on watch for the fire. Small world..

Well I fell alseep for a while, the last few days I have felt pretty good, today not so much. Kind of out of sorts I guess...tired of summer...too many boxes to go through, just can't figure out where to start. Dammit.

Ok hugs to all..

Old 09-01-2009, 03:44 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
All I have requested is a Wild Cheery Pepsi. That is it, that is all I want. Just give me a damn Pepsi! LOL

I am headed to the State Fair on Friday and ohhhh boy, I cannot wait. The glorious food!

Kristine
LOL mine was Dr. Pepper since no caffeine when pregnant. But dang it I told my son's dad "when I get through this you'd better have a frickin' 6 pack of ice cold DP ready for me" (he actually got me a 12 pack since I had such a rough time at delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
That is too funny about Albert--I didn't know cats slept with their eyes open. Note to self: Make sure there is a pee pad whereever Watson sleeps after his procedure.

Well in 'hindsight' it's funny, but I thought the poor thing was dead and they only sleep with eyes open when they've been sedated and since they'd just chopped off his, very impressive I might add, , and it was an 'open air' clinic. Well . . . anyway, yes, because I don't know how long Watson will be knocked out, but Albert was for hours and I didn't even know about pee pads until you girls started talking about them. When I put him on the table I used a Panamanian pee pad which was several soft towels LOL

I will definitely take pics and maybe some video as well! I would love to get a BENGALS SUCK doggie jersey for him to wear!! He will be saying "WTF is this all about" when he has the cone on!!

OK...off to interview another vet...Will come back later and catch up on the latest news!
DO IT! then post a pic on the Steeler's forum (and here of course)

Quote:
I feel a lot better. We went to pick up Willow at 2 so we could talk to the vet again. As is turned out she needed to talk to us again also. She couldn't stop worrying about Willow and why she was anemic so she took another stool sample like they did Fri and she looked the whole thing over sure enough she spotted another parasite so she thinks that is the cause. She said she has never been so happy to find one as she was today. So willow came home with two syringes for the parasites and some vitamins. I hope that is the answer. She is a good vet. We never had an option we always had blood work done prior to any surgery.
Honey I'm so happy about this. Even people get them - my assistant just found out last week she had a parasite and took meds for it. I'm sure that's what's causing the problems- even my assistant felt absolutely horrible with one so just imagine the effect it has on a puppy. With meds and vitamins she's going to be fine. Very glad you have a good and caring vet. Albert's is like that and that's why he did so well during his procedures, plus a lot of TLC like Willow will get. XX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I am sorry, no time at all to catch up-
to those that have emailed, and to you all, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers during this time. You have no idea how appeciated they are...
This has got to be the worse things I have faced....
Daddy was moved just down the street to the hospice building this morning.

AND My sis, up in Shelby, has found out there is a larger mass on her lower right lung, among some other issues...They will biopsying it asap.

I just can;t write any more, but wanted to give dear campers an update, will hike in as I am able
hugs to all and peace to you & yours

ole crazyma
Sara the whole camp is praying for you, your dad and sister. We are all so sorry this is happening. XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

We had a guy come out this morning and take measurements for cement slabs and retaining/garden wall against the back..we want to come out 9 feet from the fence, about 3 feet high, fill it with good soil and plant a couple citrus trees and our queen palms we just got. Waiting to here how much we are talking..hope its not a huge amount...this yard is going to take more than we thought so have to prioritize it..cement patio slabs first, need to get some patio covers but I guess that is not urgent, need to get some sod done for the dogs..I want to just wave a magic wand and have it done and that is not gonna happen.

Well I fell alseep for a while, the last few days I have felt pretty good, today not so much. Kind of out of sorts I guess...tired of summer...too many boxes to go through, just can't figure out where to start. Dammit.

Ok hugs to all..
Hey Barb, total combo of move, dealing with that A hole, then destressing after it was finally done, then unpacking, the heat . . . just chill and have an ice cold something. Not like those dang boxes are going anywhere.

To all the rest of the camp, I'm going out after work with a couple of my people from office to do an early very, very low key B-day thingy so don't know when I'll be home but if it's early enough I'll log in and if not, Hasta Manana!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:02 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Y'all, in the middle of this hell I'm in, I got some good news. Unfortunately not from DH, but it's better than no good news at all. I was scheduled for a jury summons tomorrow and you're supposed to call some number the night before, punch in your juror code and listen to a recording. I checked twice to make sure I had put my number in right. The recording said that my services were no longer needed and that I am excused from jury duty! I couldn't believe it. I hit the number to have the message repeated to make sure I had hurt right. I let out a yell and threw my hands up. I'm so glad!!

Of course, if I had to choose between getting out of jury duty or having this situation with DH straightened out, I would choose my DH and serve jury duty everyday, no contest. :-/

At Facebook, a friend of mine posted an inspirational video that made me cry. As if I haven't cried enough lately. I've kept a headache since Sunday night, regardless of the pills I've been taking for it. Between the stress of the situation, barely eating and hardly getting any sleep, I'm not surprised that I have a headache that won't go away.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:09 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Niki, good deal on the jury duty...yes God does listen...you did not need that right now, no way! Now, you have to eat sweetie, something even if it's cereal and toast..you need to take care of YOU so you can take care of the kids...xoxox

Old 09-01-2009, 06:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Niki, please take care of yourself!! make sure you're drinking water and eating something. hugs

Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Tex, I went to Arcadia High School, and Carl grew up in Pasadena...I know some areas of Altadena in the foothills are on watch for the fire. Small world....
Oh wow...it is a small world. My friend is from Pittsburgh. She and I worked together in Liver Transplant ICU for years. She ended up marrying one of the liver transplant surgeons. They moved to LA and he became the Director of liver transplants at USC (I think that is the hospital). He is such a great doctor and so down to earth. Whenever my aunt who was like a second mom to me was in the hospital--she stroked after her open heart surgery. She was unresponsive for over a week. Her liver enzymes went sky high. Rick (my surgeon friend out in LA) kept calling the hospital and conversing daily with the docs and then calling me. I'll never forget that.

It will be nice when you have your patio installed! Looking forward to pics when you are done with the landscaping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
DO IT! then post a pic on the Steeler's forum (and here of course)
I have a steeler jersey for Watson--have no idea where to get the "Bengals suck" T-shirt!!

Niki: Barb and Stoy are right--you need to take care of yourself. Your kids are going to look at you and see/feel your strength and that in turn will help them deal with their emotions as well.
I'm glad you were excused from jury duty--that is one less thing for you to worry about. Praying for you and the kids.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Hi everyone,

Man it is cold here in NY, going down to the 40s tonight. I actually put the heat on. So far, as of yesterday, I have put in 42 bats of insulation in the crawl space. I didn't do any today. Yesterday, after insulating, I decided to mow and weed. Well, I broke the frigging riding mower. It was smoking and all the oil ran out of it! Then I use the walk behind, and ran out of gas. So today, I finished the lawn, weeded the gardens, and weed wacked. Also went shopping to find something to wear for my new job that starts tomorrow. I didn't really find anything, so not sure what I'm going to wear. The hours are from 8am-12pm. It's only a two month contract. After that, if the sale of the house falls through, I'm going to work on finding a permanent position. It's a kind of weird limbo to be in with work, knowing you might be moving. Does anyone else feel that way?

Niki, you may not have an appetite, but try to eat a little something, so you can keep your strength up. Do you have any comfort foods...like mashed potatos with gravy, or chocolate pudding or anything? Saying a prayer for you. Men can really suck sometimes.

Crazyma. It's really incredibly tough what you're going through. My FIL was in hospice with kidney cancer. They kept him comfortable, but he just wanted to pass on, and was lingering. A bunch of family members from the south came up to visit him. He was in great spirits, actually ate a big meal, and then the next day, he was gone. We were sad, but happy that his suffering had ended. I still miss him. It's making me cry just thinking about him. That song by Sara McLaughlin, "In the arms of an angel", always makes me cry, cause it makes me think of him. Someone then told me it is a song about Black Tar heroin, but to me it's Gus' song.

Lorrie, hope that the parasite is the cause of Willow's anemia. Could Willow have passed the parasites to your other dogs? Just a thought.

Stoy, are you back to work? Texas, loved the video of Watson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate