Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 12:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times

Advertisements

Hi Painter, you and I must be the only ones hanging around today..

Old 09-07-2009, 02:10 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Yep Dogmom, WE really need to get a life, lol!!! Nothing going on here that is for sure, worked in the yard for an hour or so but it got windy and the clouds are rolling in so I quit. Its unusually quiet here, not even the fisherman are driving by on the way to the river. Guess everyone is out visiting elsewhere. How about you, thought you would be on the patio cranking up a grill for sure?

Old 09-07-2009, 04:08 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
Another 2 hrs today!! may not look like much but I am now hip high into rocks and dirt.

http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp111/stoymonkey/IMG_0633.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-07-2009, 04:12 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Default Labor Day

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a relaxing Labor Day. It's the same old, same old around here. Went clothes shopping at Kohls, and then food shopping. It seems like all the styles, you need to wear two shirts at the same time, as the vee necklines are cut so low. I got two sweaters, but it will probably be too warm to wear them to work tomorrow, so back to the closet, hoping something miraculously jumps out.

We're going to a family wedding in NC this coming weekend, driving down on Thursday and coming back on Monday. It's being held at the Orton Plantation, which is near Wilmington. So, we are renting a condo at Carolina Beach.

We actually had a showing yesterday. We figured that with Murphy's Law, we should keep the property on the market until the contract is signed and we are closer to a closing. We also were able to meet with the buyers inspector (he came back to pick up the radon test cans). He said the buyers are very excited. That made us feel really good. He complimented my dh on some of the woodworking carpentry he had done, which was also really nice to hear. That's about it. What's everyone else up to?

So far, we have put 86 batts of insulation in the crawlspace...almost done! Only about 10 more to go.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:08 PM

Good Luck and have fun tomorrow, tambre!
yeah, keep your house on the market, but i feel this is it. no worries.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:09 PM

Lorrie, Hammy, how ya doin girls?

Old 09-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Tex, girl, Welcome Home, hope you and Watson had a great trip!!

Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Tambre,
Orton Plantation is very close to where I lived as a child - Boiling Spring Lakes and Southport. I adore Southport. We go there every year for vacation.

DH came home for a few hours today. His boss flew him in from Washington State to pick up some contracts for work that would take too long to arrive if shipped.

We (including the kids) went out to eat for lunch, then played tennis for an hour or so. He had to leave shortly after that to catch his flight. We didn't get any time alone together. When he was ready to leave, I started to walk with him to the door, but I began to cry, so I walked back to our bedroom. After kissing and hugging our kids, he came back to the room (my back was to him) and he asked me if I was going to kiss him goodbye. I couldn't speak because I was crying, so I nodded my head. He came around and hugged me and then I really cried. :-/ Then he kissed me and left.

*sigh* I'm afraid to hope that his hug (he held on for awhile) and kiss are a good sign.

Old 09-07-2009, 06:44 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
just a bit more.
so miserable, that my DH plans on sitting down his parents and telling them he's tired of their fighting, complaining, arguing, issue creating crap, not just with each other but other family members. this comes from the funeral/life celebration the 3 of them went to the day before!! it really hit my husband how life is short and family is important. (yet my MIL is picking fights for no reason at the wedding, oh the reason is something that happend 40 yrs ago)
it just really bothers me i think because my mom is the same way and yesterday morning i snapped at her for complaining about my dad.
I think we all realize here we are lucky to have this and each other in our lives, as well as our families! hugs everybody, sorry for getting emotional, maybe im pmsing
Good for your husband. Life is too short to be arguing and creating chaos among other family members!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Texas, I've been voting for Watson. I have the page bookmarked so I won't forget.
Thanks Niki. I think I have to reenter him every week , so I will provide the new link if I do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Oh boy ----Talk about karma, lol, some of you know about the folks I had to evict when the contract fell apart on my house last year. The fools who trashed my place and cost me abunch of time and money. Well it looks like Karma came and bit them on the a**! The gal didn't do a change of address but the guy did so they came here to repo her fancy truck!!! Then I got on public records and found out they are in pre=forclosure since the first of the yr. OKAY, SEE ALL THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON!!
Don't ya just love KARMA?!?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Tex, girl, Welcome Home, hope you and Watson had a great trip!!
Thanks Stoy! We had a GREAT time camping. Watson had so much fun. His cousin Bella tired him out...he has been sleeping since we got home this afternoon. I'm afraid he is going to be up all night at this rate! I should wake him up and play with him. Ok...just woke him up and he is falling back to sleep on my lap. He went out on the boat ...loved it! I wouldn't let him in the water though. Bella went in with her little life jacket! Watson doesn't have one yet so he stayed on board with Mama!

OK...took him to the groomer on Sat--boy am I ever PO'ed. I told her I like his long hair, did not want him SHAVED, just trimmed up. She said "Do you want a puppy cut?" I said "I guess, but not short". She FREAKING shaved my dog! I was PO'ed and she knew it. He looks like Sister Betrille from the flying nun--you should see him. His ears really stand out now...they are shaped like the flying nun's cap. I will have to take some photos to show y'all. How long will it take to grow back out???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
DH came home for a few hours today. His boss flew him in from Washington State to pick up some contracts for work that would take too long to arrive if shipped.

We (including the kids) went out to eat for lunch, then played tennis for an hour or so. He had to leave shortly after that to catch his flight. We didn't get any time alone together. When he was ready to leave, I started to walk with him to the door, but I began to cry, so I walked back to our bedroom. After kissing and hugging our kids, he came back to the room (my back was to him) and he asked me if I was going to kiss him goodbye. I couldn't speak because I was crying, so I nodded my head. He came around and hugged me and then I really cried. :-/ Then he kissed me and left.

*sigh* I'm afraid to hope that his hug (he held on for awhile) and kiss are a good sign.
Niki, keeping you in my prayers and praying that everything works out and dh realizes what a treasure he has.

WOW--we are almost at 3000 posts---think we should start a new camp?

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 09-07-2009 at 06:56 PM..

Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 PM

Tex, Watson will probably sleep all night!! glad you had a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate