Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:42 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post

Well y'all are calling it mischief, devils, and beggers night. The only such game I know of that sounds similar is ding dong ditch. You go up to a door and ring the bell and then go hide in the ditch and watch their reaction when they come to the door. Played it a few times in rural WI after slugging down a couple of dads pabst blue ribbon during jr. high (kids , I was one once) and there really was sort of a ditch to hide in out in a country subdivision.

LOL we did the same thing (lived in the country) just don't think we had a name for it - but the flaming bag of is one trick we pulled on a just nasty woman - mean, hateful. Was too funny when she answered the door (we're hiding of course) then she see's this bag on fire (concrete porch). Well of course she starts stomping on it and well, LOL shoe full of dog crap LOL

I have the poochie bells and I found them at a feed type/petstore but not petsmart, called Mounds petfood warehouse. They look like Xmas bells. I just had Peanut at the time and he took a dump one day on the easily washable rug (bless his heart) in front of our slider. The door he was supposed to go to was in the same room. The day I got the dang bells it just clicked for him with which door it was to go to, and I never ended up using them much, but some teach their dog to paw them, course they clang up a storm.

So put the bells on the door then just train the dog to make them jingle with their paw? Never heard of those (course wouldnt' work for Albert - but dang, that's pretty cool)
Quote:
Ok guys this may be a who the f cares moment, but when I got up today like a zombie and made my way to open the closed bedrm door I jammed my foot into the door as i opened it. Now my toe next to the big one has been throbbing. CoCo has come up to me several times and has been licking my hurt toe through my sock. How amazing is that that she knows which toe i hurt and that it hurts and she actually made it feel better

K I'm shutting up for the rest of the day..promise!
WE CARE GOLDY you poor thing. Ice that bad boy down and stay off your feet. Animals do know when we are hurting. When I was in never ending labor Ugh, I was laying on the couch and my Rott laid right by me on the floor - son's dad tried to get him to move and that's the only time Heiden EVER growled at him. It was like 'hey, mom is not feeling good, I'm not moving so get over it!' When I went to bed then to lay down, he followed me and never moved. God I love animals - much more than most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

NJ, sending wishes and pixie dust your way, what is it with these agents, what a biotch. doesnt matter if her clients want your house...sending prayers Annie.

Ok need to lay down, have a spell of vertigo this morning, ugh!
Hey Barb sorry the vertigo is kicking up again - it kind-of went away for a while didn't it? Hope you feel better now. You've been on the move a lot in the last month or so, maybe things catching up to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Barb get some Meclazine. There you go Barb. Dr. L. to the rescue!

What a crap day here-so dark,wet and freakin cold.
Same here girl except I won't use the C word as compared to your C, well no comparison. But very, very, very cool and overcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yea...pets have an innate sense on when we are hurting, even when it is a mental hurt, not physical. I know one day I was crying over some stuff...no physical hurt and my puppy jumped up on my lap and cuddled up and buried his head in the crook of my neck. They just know when you need TLC!
They sure do. I've been down in the dumps (especially when I was having my nostalgia moment about anniversary) and Albert just stayed right up by me in my chair. Followed me everywhere. He always seems to know when I'm upset. Does make us feel better, doesn't it? So how was your day today, Shel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Awww, this is so sweet it's going to make me cry. We had this akita/dalmation mix who was always less than friendly. She would wag at us once a day, and then wanted no petting or affection. Well one time, I was having a hysterical moment, and she actually got up on the couch next to me and put her head in my lap. They really do know! Ahhhhh - especially since she wasn't normally wanting attention, then she was there for you when you needed her the most. That's just too sweet.

Goldie, those childhood games are fun to think back on. We used to play one where we would hide behind bushes on a corner lot, and if the headlights from the passing cars got you, you were out. How's your toe?
LOL so how many times were you out? You probably pushed the other kids from behind the bushes so the headlights hit them first then you'd win

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey all. been up for, let's see, almost 14 hrs. smoke detector went off this am at 310. malfunction or something. but anyway, just had to say that i used to have a lovebird that when i was sad (which was often back then) he would stay near me (i kept his cage open all the time) and make the tiniest chirps. he never did that at any other time.
ok, gotta pack a bit before dinner.
Dear God girl - 3:10AM I know those things are for our protection but one of ours used to malfunction so many times one night I took a broom handle to it. Just knocked the crap out of it until was just hanging by wires LOL Stopped beeping though that was a sweet story about your little bird consoling you. Animals really tuned in to our moods.

So I got out my powerful latern tonight to make sure Albert doesn't pull his stunt from last night (artificial lights hurt my eyes so use laterns/candles) - hopefully just a one time thing and I made sure litter cleaned out before I went to work, but he does the majority of his 'biz' when I'm home - always has. Think he sleeps most of the day, heck most of the time anyway, but I'm keeping it super clean now.

Well, I'll check back later as I'm sure other campers are out and about and then my multi-quotes won't be like a novel. Sure Annie is probably at the bus stop LOL See you girls later!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Joy, I think that Albert has wild parties while you are at work...and you think he's sleeping! LOL

Old 10-01-2009, 06:36 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
OOPs I did it again...I know I said I wasn't posting again but what an obsession

Thx for the well wishes for my toe. It is kinda red like a beet, but I think I will be ok. I took my sock off and CoCo took care of it some more. WoW I'm having a strange day LOL!

I can't believe Albert f'd up like that JOY but cut him some slack he's a really good kitty!

I think you guys were playing much more sophisticated games than we were. In fact mine is sounding a little backwards!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:41 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Quote:
OOPs I did it again...I know I said I wasn't posting again but what an obsession

Thx for the well wishes for my toe. It is kinda red like a beet, but I think I will be ok. I took my sock off and CoCo took care of it some more. WoW I'm having a strange day LOL!

I can't believe Albert f'd up like that JOY but cut him some slack he's a really good kitty!

I think you guys were playing much more sophisticated games than we were. In fact mine is sounding a little backwards!
Gold, I grew up in 'sophisticated' southern CA, lol, and we played the same games you did...ding dong ditch was a fave!

Hope your toe is better...glad you have some four legged tender loving care!

Old 10-01-2009, 06:55 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Quote:
Gold, I grew up in 'sophisticated' southern CA, lol, and we played the same games you did...ding dong ditch was a fave!

Hope your toe is better...glad you have some four legged tender loving care!
Aww thx Dog you're so sweet!!!! It was kinda fun in a demented kind of way wasn't it?! Yeah my hubs ooohed and ahhed how red it was and must hurt and that CoCo is so perceptive and I feel plenty loved and won't be needing a hospital visit. I don't even think the toenail will fall off or anything but we'll see. I hope your vertigo has lessened. I think Joy is right, you have been on the move quite a bit and moving is exhausting.

Old 10-01-2009, 07:35 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Gold: How sweet that CoCo is giving your toe TLC! (By the way--I am at work right now! , in case you are wondering!!) I work 12 hr shifts so I only work 3 nights/week. I don't have to work a full week like the rest of y'all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Awww, this is so sweet it's going to make me cry. We had this akita/dalmation mix who was always less than friendly. She would wag at us once a day, and then wanted no petting or affection. Well one time, I was having a hysterical moment, and she actually got up on the couch next to me and put her head in my lap. They really do know!
Aaahh...that is sweet about your dog as well. Tambre, when I was crying, actually sobbing (had to do with my place not selling and living her for another dismal, cold Winter), Watson jumped up on my lap and just cuddled. I couldn't believe it. He really knew mama needed some TLC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
Hey all. been up for, let's see, almost 14 hrs. smoke detector went off this am at 310. malfunction or something. but anyway, just had to say that i used to have a lovebird that when i was sad (which was often back then) he would stay near me (i kept his cage open all the time) and make the tiniest chirps. he never did that at any other time.
ok, gotta pack a bit before dinner.
Aaaahhh...even birdies know!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
WE CARE GOLDY Animals do know when we are hurting. When I was in never ending labor Ugh, I was laying on the couch and my Rott laid right by me on the floor - son's dad tried to get him to move and that's the only time Heiden EVER growled at him. It was like 'hey, mom is not feeling good, I'm not moving so get over it!' When I went to bed then to lay down, he followed me and never moved. God I love animals - much more than most people.

They sure do. I've been down in the dumps (especially when I was having my nostalgia moment about anniversary) and Albert just stayed right up by me in my chair. Followed me everywhere. He always seems to know when I'm upset. Does make us feel better, doesn't it? So how was your day today, Shel?
My day was ok....pee and poo in the house again. I am off for a week in October---going to the Outer Banks with my neighbors. I am going to work with him down there. I am going to attempt to find one of those straps with bells on like IDtoTX said about (Thanks girl!). Maybe I can train him to ring the bell!! He is smart....he runs out to the DR to pee (where his fenced in area is) so maybe he thinks he needs to go out there. However the poo today was in my bedroom. Thank God it wasn't diarrhea.

That's cute about Albert and Heiden comforting you!

Kristine: How is Conner liking his new sister Natalie Marie?!?! Rest up girl! Give Natalie and Conner hugs and kisses from us all here at camp!

Anne: How's the poo slinging going for you?!?! I got a better idea---since he likes donuts so much...Buy some Boston cream ones....scrape off the choc icing and smear on dog poo!! I know---that's gross--bad shelly!!

Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
CONGRATULATIONS Dear Hammy on the birth of your sweet baby girl, Natalie Marie! Hope all is going well and you and hubby and BIG brother are enjoying your new Bacon Bit-et, LOL

Let us know how you all are and pics please!

again Congrats to you and yours

Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Joy, I think that Albert has wild parties while you are at work...and you think he's sleeping! LOL
LMAO - that even LOOKS like Albert. No wonder he always needs his pre-nightly naps. Dang boys LOL

Quote:

Well you better NOT stop posting Miss Goldy LOL and how sweet of CoCo helping out Oh, I'm cutting Albert slack - street kitten, took to a litter box right away (though at first did keep him in BR at night with it until I was 'sure') and he has NEVER in 3 years gone anywhere but in his litter box. He's aleady gone pee since I got home, now he's sleeping and last night when he did it, it was at some point when I was awake and he had used his litter the day before - think maybe he just got freaked out after he got bit on his weenie so . . . if it's not 'perfectly' clean. I don't know. Maybe he just needs some therapy LOL

Old 10-01-2009, 08:01 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
hey all, very busy here playing catch up & reclaiming my house from man cavedom

also the dog had a horrible flea issue, surprise,and was miserable- I couldn't even see the damn buggers, but the vet did!
A chunk o change later and Queen Mindy is much better- thank God for Capstar, allergy shot and Frontline........once this dog is gone- Never again, I am d o n e
Doing some paperwork- egads the hoops you have to jump through sometimes when there is a death. I think Dad left all the info though, so will get it done eventually Hope I can get copies of the D.C.- the step mom hasn't exactly been forthcoming....ahh that is another nightmare story in itself

Had a throwdown with Sara Flay tonite LOL- fresh collards & soup beans (pintos) cooked with salt pork, mashed taters, country fried steak & gravy...amzing how quick it gets ate, after cooking most of the day! Poor hubby deserved a homecooked meal!

okay, just popped in a sec to say HEY
Tambre and STOY- YAY on your contracts!!! Stoy, any clue on where you are actually hoping to head to? Was it Colorado?? Tambre, your chilluns lining up a place to stay, or going with????

okay, off to bee bizzy-later peeps!

Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Gold: How sweet that CoCo is giving your toe TLC! (By the way--I am at work right now! , in case you are wondering!!) I work 12 hr shifts so I only work 3 nights/week. I don't have to work a full week like the rest of y'all!!

Shel! You and Sara posted while i was looking for a pic. Glad to know where you are 'cause never know girl - long shifts but for 3 nights a week! Well that makes it better. And that is so sweet about Watson jumping up on your lap to give you TLC. Ahhhhh.

My day was ok....pee and poo in the house again. I am off for a week in October---going to the Outer Banks with my neighbors. I am going to work with him down there. I am going to attempt to find one of those straps with bells on like IDtoTX said about (Thanks girl!). Maybe I can train him to ring the bell!! He is smart....he runs out to the DR to pee (where his fenced in area is) so maybe he thinks he needs to go out there. However the poo today was in my bedroom. Thank God it wasn't diarrhea.

Shel, as smart as he is and since he runs to the DR to pee - that might work Sorry about the poo in BR and you're right - thank God wasn't diarrhea. Just a to clean up. Both Albert and I were glad when he did it last night it wasn't either LOL Your week vacation sounds wonderful. You deserve it girl!

That's cute about Albert and Heiden comforting you! Animals know when somethings wrong with mama - amazing how many of us have had similiar experiences with our animals.

Kristine: How is Conner liking his new sister Natalie Marie?!?! Rest up girl! Give Natalie and Conner hugs and kisses from us all here at camp!

Anne: How's the poo slinging going for you?!?! I got a better idea---since he likes donuts so much...Buy some Boston cream ones....scrape off the choc icing and smear on dog poo!! I know---that's gross--bad shelly!!
Not bad at all, Shel; brilliant actually - in fact another way would be to go to, oh what's donut chain that has the stuff on the inside - crispy creams, Ugh, can't remember but could take out the inside and stuff it with dog poo so he doesn't smell it before he takes a bite (leave a box on his door step just saying 'welcome to the neighborhood') LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
CONGRATULATIONS Dear Hammy on the birth of your sweet baby girl, Natalie Marie! Hope all is going well and you and hubby and BIG brother are enjoying your new Bacon Bit-et, LOL

Let us know how you all are and pics please!

again Congrats to you and yours
Hey Sara, was so happy to come back to the camp and see you. Made my night - heck my week! Hope you're doing better and things a bit more tranquil XXOO

Kristine, sure you're recovering great and when will they let you go home (or are you home already?) Can't wait to see a pic of that cute little girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate