Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: At what temperature do you keep your thermostat in the summer months?
70 7 20.00%
80 3 8.57%
76 8 22.86%
82 4 11.43%
78 7 20.00%
74 6 17.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,349,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Roth-looks great to me and for that price-wow.

NJS-I went to Fusciello's and ordered 2 lemon pepper turkey london broils, the German B and ordered 5 lbs of pulled pork, sausage bread, philly cheeses steak bread, pepperoni/ch bread. SR and ordered a 1/2 sheet cake with "Happy Birthday EveryOne."
YUM lace!! Last time I got the pepperoni/cheese bread, the pepp. was super spicy!!! but I do love the philly cheesesteak bread!and sausage... I love that! Happy Birthday Everyone LOL>>>>>>>Love it. You are da bomb Lace. I still want you to adopt me LOL.

Quote:
You are too funny re: Mayo!!
Is the new neighbor directly across the street from you?
Hey Joy--that's a helluva deal Anne offered you!!
TEXARONI- He is across the street from us. 2nd house in. Not directly across but next to that one!
I saw the sob get out of his car. Fence co. came already. Bahstad. Where are my eggs? Wanna join me anyone? LOL... 1 azzhole leaving and another coming in!! It is weird being in a neighborhood with LOWBALLERS coming in....

WATSON WATSON WATSON. Vote for Watson everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is the cutest pup! How is he doing with pooping and peeing?

STOY- so sorry! that is awful......

Quote:
Dear God - you all better watch out! Killer sock holders at store, doors slamming DH in face, now scratches below same eye
iT DOES suck...doesn't it???Scratches were just a twin thing lol thankfully...it was just peculiar they both had the same scratch same eye?LOL>>>weird.... Poor hub. Waiting for worker's comp to get back to him, In 18 yrs. he has been with company he has never needed WC! until the door slammed in his face!!!!!!! lol........
Quote:
She's definitely in the land of lame asz agents. I mean really! condo - big house, condo - big house. Course seems to be everywhere - maybe they all have swine flu or something that's making them just LAME.
JOY LOL... Nutty, isn't it. I am telling you come here and I know you wouldn't stay long because you would sell my damn house in a week, knowing you!!! Woohoooo!!
I wish you all the best for the house you are showing!! I am praying girl! You deserve it. You are so knowledgeable!! and a damn good realtor... You always give everyone all the well needed advice and take time to answer us all....and Tex and Lace and Dogmom and others of course..just to name a few!!

It is scalding hot here....omg. 85! Need to turn a/c on!!! cooler tomorrow in 60-s....then warm again by weekend...

Lacey- how long in NJ are you staying?

Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
Reminds me of the story of the couple who were on their honeymoon in the Outer Banks. They were at the top of the Cape Hatteras lighthouse and the man jumped to his death. My husband and I and our kids got there not long after it happened. The body had been removed, but there were still investigators there. And, of course, the lighthouse was taped off and closed to visitors.

I looked up the story. Here it is:

http://ssristories.com/show.php?item=433
Niki, not trying to be rude by any means but don't think that is appropriate at a time like this for Stoy's family.... JMO.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,050,220 times
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear ShellBell, Happy Birthday to you . . .

Old 09-15-2009, 05:38 PM

omg SHELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!!!!!!!! I AM SO SORRY I DIDN'T SAY IT SOONER.

love,
Anne

love,
your nephewNoah and your niece Mia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you have a terrific day girl!!!!!!!!!!! All the best to you!x0x Have a drink on us tonite!!
Here, have this: !LOL

Last edited by njsocks; 09-15-2009 at 05:47 PM..

Old 09-15-2009, 06:27 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,150,453 times
Happy Birthday Shelley

Old 09-15-2009, 06:40 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,024,657 times
happy birthday shelly!!

Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Just out of curiousity, what would you all change in your life if given the opportunity? Not like if I won a lottery, realistic changes.
Well, similar to yours - I would have been more patient with my son's father, given him 1/100000 of the 'second chances' I gave pseudo - but figure everything works out for a reason and I wouldn't be in Panama so . . . still, that's the thing I would like a 'do over' on. Other than that I'm happy with things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
You da woman!! Your family is going to miss you tons when you return home!
Wow--your gs looks like Prince Harry!! When Prince Williams finally takes a bride--that will be SOME WEDDING!! I hope he marries Kate Middleton. She is from good stock and very classy looking.

HE'S MINE I TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!! LOL I just want one of Lacey's family members so I get some of the eats, though Annie did make me a very tempting offer. Gee, maybe that can be out next contest: Who adopts Joy LOL

You are too funny re: Mayo!!
Is the new neighbor directly across the street from you?
Hey Joy--that's a helluva deal Anne offered you!!

No kidding - won't she be shocked if I turn up at her door and go okay - here I am! SURPRISE!!!!!

Thanks for voting several times Joy!! I hope you sell and get that killer commission on the house you are showing today.

Showing went well - they kept things pretty close to their chest and do have a resort to sell but they're good friends with friends of mine and the woman definitely loved the house so we'll see. Could have smacked the husband, of course I didn't, when me and the wife were walking through the gardens and I notice a cig butt (keep in mind I'm a smoker) and it's not even fully put out! Didn't realize it was the husbands and just said, in a nice voice - wonder where that came from? The wife said oh, that's X - smoking is such a nasty habit so I just laughed and said well, men, ha ha ha, picked up the dang smoldering butt and through it in the back of my truck (after I had fully put it out). I don't even throw butts on the ground!

I was off yesterday and today--relaxing and enjoying my day and enjoying Watson.
Glad you had a relaxing birthday girlfriendXXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
GREAT TOPIC Carol!!! OK...here are some things I would change..
If I had known I would not have met Mr.Right by this stage in the game, I would have had children out of wedlock. That is my one BIG regret--not being a mom. I LOVE children, more so than adults! They are honest, pure and innocent. What you see is what you get. They open your eyes to things you don't see as an adult.
The other thing I would change...I wouldn't have bought this house. I would have rented when I moved back from Italy. OK...who wants to go next??
Shel you could always adopt. So many poor kids out there who need a good mommy and you'd be awesome. And on house, guess I need to add that to mine 'cause I bought my house in CO then got approved for franchise rights and only lived in it for 5 months! Been a dang PITA ever since. That's what I get for not trusting/having faith that I was meant to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
A friend of mind had dinner with the Swayze's a while back, right before he found out he had cancer. She and her dh ended up spending many hours with them and after the promotional event they all went to a Waffle house for breakfast. She said they were the most down to earth folks, and other than seeing them on movies you would never know they were celebraties. Patrick was into his horses and farm and so are my friends, this was what started their freindship. He will be missed.

That's a great story Carol - he seemed like he was real down to earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Roth-looks great to me and for that price-wow.

NJS-I went to Fusciello's and ordered 2 lemon pepper turkey london broils, the German B and ordered 5 lbs of pulled pork, sausage bread, philly cheeses steak bread, pepperoni/ch bread. SR and ordered a 1/2 sheet cake with "Happy Birthday EveryOne."
That's awesome with all the Bdays around that time you had the cake decorated that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
This is easy. I obviously would change the location where I live. I would also change my career. And while im at it, i'd get rid of my little chubby belly!!
I wouldnt change anything in my past because i know it all led me to all the great things I have, my DH, great house, career, pets, family, etc. Painter like you, once we move, we want more of a simpler life. DH doesnt even want tv. not so sure about that....
Sounds like you have a great life and fight DH about TV! Simpler life, yes, Amish simple no LOL and you're right about how all the things we went through made us who we are today and the great things in our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoymonkey View Post
just got horrible news. remember that wedding i went to last weekend, where my MIL was so negative and complaining to just get the wedding over with? the girl (my new cousin on my DH's side), her stepfather died this weekend from a suicide. i dont' even know what to think. how horrible for them.
Oh honey I'm so sorry - that's horrible and I can really relate. A year ago on the 12th was when a friend of mine was murdered ; they hit the wrong house and he was a great guy, married to wonderful woman for 25 years. Very sad. In a couple of weeks 1 year anniversary of when a former advisor committed suicide. We were the 'only' ones he had even though he hadn't been with my office in several months and I was the one who had to call people in the States. Me and poor Naiky my assistant had to take care of things until his friend got here and then help the friend deal with things here (his family are freaks) so . . . I know it's hard and prayers to your new cousin's family XXOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post

TEXARONI- He is across the street from us. 2nd house in. Not directly across but next to that one!
I saw the sob get out of his car. Fence co. came already. Bahstad. Where are my eggs? Wanna join me anyone? LOL... 1 azzhole leaving and another coming in!! It is weird being in a neighborhood with LOWBALLERS coming in....

Does the neighborhood have noise restrictions? Something to ponder. I say dress up in Ninja gear and put up posters that's he's been convicted for like beastiality or something and everyone better watch their dogs LOL

iT DOES suck...doesn't it???Scratches were just a twin thing lol thankfully...it was just peculiar they both had the same scratch same eye?LOL>>>weird.... Poor hub. Waiting for worker's comp to get back to him, In 18 yrs. he has been with company he has never needed WC! until the door slammed in his face!!!!!!! lol........

I feel so bad for DH though I must confess I chuckled imagining him just standing there and then BAM- that is until I realized oooh root canal! Poor thing.

JOY LOL... Nutty, isn't it. I am telling you come here and I know you wouldn't stay long because you would sell my damn house in a week, knowing you!!! Woohoooo!!
I wish you all the best for the house you are showing!! I am praying girl! You deserve it. You are so knowledgeable!! and a damn good realtor... You always give everyone all the well needed advice and take time to answer us all....and Tex and Lace and Dogmom and others of course..just to name a few!!

Well, frequent flyer miles, home cookin. Hmmmm - thing is then when i sold your house you guys would be stuck with me! And thanks for the compliment - I did work hard to know my stuff and dang learning a whole different set of laws Ugh. But 'most' days I love my job - just wish I got to show property more often instead of the other crap I have to do as the Jefa. Today was gorgeous, sunny, warm and got to walk through the beautiful gardens of the property so, all in all, a good day. We'll see if they buy/put in an offer. With BUYERS ya never know but i gave it my all so . . .

It is scalding hot here....omg. 85! Need to turn a/c on!!! cooler tomorrow in 60-s....then warm again by weekend...

Lacey- how long in NJ are you staying?
Dang that is hot - though was pretty warm/hot here but it's all relative 'cause wasn't no 85 degrees now nice cool evening. Boquete reminds me a lot of Colorado that way.

Barb, ya cruisin and drinkin'? Bet you and Carl are having a fab time

Sara, hope things are well, going as good as can be expected under the circumstances. We're all keeping you in our prayers XXOO

HDL, girl I know you're busy but dang it, just post Hi Bye so we know you're around (know you're lurking girl). Hope the boy is doing better even though he's still sick.

Roth, sorry no comps around on your house. The market just sucks but sure the right buyer is out there somewhere.

Niki, not trying to be rude either, but like NJ said Stoy and a lot of us going through recent or anniversary of deaths of loved ones - including what poor Sara is going through with her dad, sister - so while I know you weren't meaning to be insensitive I, as well, would have rather not read that story. Not meaning to offend you, but a lot of us are dealing with issues regarding death and that story was the last thing I personally wanted to read. No offense.

Old 09-15-2009, 06:59 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times
Red face I didn"t know...

IT WAS YOUR B-DAY TEX, but now that I do>>>>>>HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING AND MANY, MANY MORETO ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
IT WAS YOUR B-DAY TEX, but now that I do>>>>>>HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING AND MANY, MANY MORETO ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dang it - knew I was missing an important camper when I posted! So how ya doing Miss Goldy? I say we all raise a glass to the birthday girl! Hold on - need to grab another cerveza Don't start without me, K?

Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,597,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Dang it - knew I was missing an important camper when I posted! So how ya doing Miss Goldy? I say we all raise a glass to the birthday girl! Hold on - need to grab another cerveza Don't start without me, K?
NO WORRIES HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!!!!!! catching the NEW MELROSE PLACE second episode...be back later....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate