Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times

Advertisements

I had those books and a few years ago ended up at an antique shop and bought one for my g-dtr and paid $15!

Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
I had those books and a few years ago ended up at an antique shop and bought one for my g-dtr and paid $15!
Are you serious???? I should go look in the garage for those books right now. I bet I have over 100! Actually, I cleaned out my garage last Summer and don't remember seeing them. DANG IT!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:45 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Welcome back Texas....are you rested and ready to return to reality? The pix are great and definately makes one want to leave town, lol.

Lacey, That is unreal, I thought they still made them? Lets see at 15.00 per book and I gave away maybe 200 of them....$3k...ouch!

You all should be proud of me...I am attempting to make panels for the den...attempting too, lol, all that is left is to hem them and hold my breath that they hang right. Not much of a seamstress here, much rather run a drill than a sewing machine!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:01 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,149,360 times
Lacey, $15.00, that is something else. It's funny to hear everyone's memories of them. Dig 'em out of the garage Shelly...that could be funding for your next cruise. When are those of you who are going to do FSBO going to start?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Welcome back Texas....are you rested and ready to return to reality? The pix are great and definately makes one want to leave town, lol.

You all should be proud of me...I am attempting to make panels for the den...attempting too, lol, all that is left is to hem them and hold my breath that they hang right. Not much of a seamstress here, much rather run a drill than a sewing machine!
I'm rested, but not ready to return to reality yet!!! Thanks re: the pix.

I'm sure the panels will be great looking with all your talents!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Lacey, $15.00, that is something else. It's funny to hear everyone's memories of them. Dig 'em out of the garage Shelly...that could be funding for your next cruise. When are those of you who are going to do FSBO going to start?
I don't remember seeing them in the garage when I cleaned it this past Summer. I have to think about those and where in the H did I put them...I had over 100.

Not sure when I am going to do the FSBO...maybe March. When does the tax credit expire again?

Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
I have some of my kids Golden Books..out in the black hole we call the patio..probably not enough to be worth anything but good enough to pass on to any grandkids we might have...or keep them for when grandkids come to visit. Now all I need are grandkids, lol..

Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,184,631 times
Nice pics Tex..made me feel warmer...no actually made my cabin fever worse So did you find you a cowboy on that cruise???

Tambre- that was funny about the horse, You should have said yes I'd like to ride your horse sometime when I am in town.....only if my hubby can watch heh heh

Oh those Golden books were favorites, I see them all the time at the thrift stores.

Lacey, hubby surgery still on?? ANd dentist? I need to get in to dent, but procrastinating, back worse than teeth now.

Jody,any more contracts

DD did not break foot , just a bad sprain.

Okay, need to go flip the carpet around, over, whatever. Seems to be drying nicely Floor all dry. Need to see abotu a mold inhibitor spray, just to be safe. Caught it pretty quick thankfully. New water heater and geesh it is HOT, need to turn it down.

Painter sewing????? should make the boys some jammies

Camry- any word yet??

ps- ROTH congrats on the job- I saw their website, NICE goods!!!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:34 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,272,002 times
Hey, y'all.

Texas,
Nice pictures. Love that turquoise water.

I'm pretty tired and would love to go to bed, but I've got laundry to finish. I've been sleeping a lot lately. Well, a lot for me anyway. A week ago I couldn't sleep. The past few days I haven't been able to stay awake. Even when I get plenty of sleep at night, I still fall asleep on the couch in the afternoon or evening.

I hope everyone is well.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:10 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Morning all-Niki that's depression hon.

Yes I saw "The Little Engine" and bought it for display in our GS's room.

Bless the people of Mass. for giving us hope last night.

FSBO in March probably-credit expires end of April.

Yes today's pre-op, surgery the 28th and it will be exploratory.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,274,687 times
Good morning all.

Lacey, agreed..

Niki, so true, its depression..have you gone to any therapy for YOU? You might need some medication.

I guess the mother of all rainstorms going to roll through here later today..I dont know how much more water our backyard can take..its pretty saturated already..Nothing I can do about it, will be watching my boxes lol.

Still trying to wake up...not going very fast this morning.

Ok will check in later campers..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate