Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 01:11 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times

Advertisements

Thank you all for your prayers. We got home last night and all of Gary's tests were great. Love you ladys and am so happy. Another 6 mos God has given us. I will not think of late April now.

Old 11-07-2009, 02:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Yeah Lorrie!!!!

Old 11-07-2009, 02:44 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,709 times
we knew it Lorrie!!! glad to hear it!

Old 11-07-2009, 02:46 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I am back, it got to dang HOT out there staining. Cant win for losing with this weather....

Please send me some hot weather - it's raining and very, very, very cool

Tex, NO do not buy a toilet, all they will do is drain and remove yours, take out the wax seal and replace it with a new one, then they put the toilet back into place. whole thing takes about 30 mins and that will be that. You may ask the plumber if you can pick it up (Lowe/HD) and he just charge the labor...no tellin what they will charge for the kit, should be around 7-8 bucks only.
And there you have it Shelly! Now Carol, have a cold brewskie and cool down (then send the heat to me lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
As long as there's no tarnished soot in the oven LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLean clean clean those muffin ovens...Viking preferably lol!
Nope - no sooty ovens! So, me being me LOL googled sooty ovens and found this. Do NOT let them help you bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Baking and Lacey do not go together-but cook a meal-that I love. I've cooked for up to 125 at a time.
Dear God girl, you could open a restaurant and make a fortune being able to cook for that many people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, almost noon and I am just now posting..Carl been unloading that trailer and driving me nuts...no I dont know where to put any of it so stop asking!!!! Need a chill pill soon. Cant lay down for a nap as we are heading to our son's for his and roommates housewarming..wish I felt better, not in the mood for a lot of chit chat. Maybe a glass of wine will loosen my lips a little lol..had a lot of pain during the night and woke up this morning with the same. Tryin to find our king sized feather bed to put on our bed, i think that will help..we have a tempurpedic and it just feels so hard to me. I don't know, its like with pillows, I finally found some that don't hurt my neck too badly. I would like to trade places with the person handling my social security disability file and see how they think I could work. As Annie would say, AZZ.
Ok going to hop in shower and see if I can't get my act together. I did read all your posts this morning but no energy to really post back..PS Mexican food was good, that is one thing they DO know how to make in Southern CA. I can cook decent mexican food, especially my enchiladas....YUM.

later campers.
Sorry you had such a rough night Barb - maybe the feather bed will help and yeah, isn't a shame you can't twitch your nose so those Aholes at SS could just spend one frickin' day in your shoes. Bet they'd be stamping approval on those forms quicker than you could say 'about time'! Ugh. Try and have fun tonight, and if you're not going to take a pain pill at least drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
Thank you all for your prayers. We got home last night and all of Gary's tests were great. Love you ladys and am so happy. Another 6 mos God has given us. I will not think of late April now.
Praise God Lorrie! We've been praying hard and I'm so happy the tests were great I could cry. Big hugs to you and Gary. XXOO

Old 11-07-2009, 03:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,853,374 times
Joy-those days are behind me. Don't know how I did it in my younger days.

Yeah almost Happy Hour and leftovers.

Old 11-07-2009, 03:48 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,537 times
Thanks again you all for responding. Barb feel better maybe you need a different mattress. We have a tempurpedic and we love it. We have had it for 5 years and the one we bought has a little pillow top on it.We use to get a mattress a few years for Gary.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:08 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Lorriem, That is wonderful news! Glad you made it home safe and sound, betcha those 4 legged babies are thrilled too....now enjoy life!

Okay guess the weather predictors cant make up there friggin' minds. Now they say IDA is heading right at us and will hit land here Tues around noon. Not a happy camper gals about this. They say it will now regain strength and maybe, yes maybe, be a Cane 1 or 2 at worse. Sick of this crapola here....
Would you believe some are excited about it, stupid, saying it will help the local econ and the real estate. It may be true but at what cost do I want to sell my house, someone would have to lose everything. I could go on a rant about what Ivan brought after the storm but....
Off to shower off some stain, went back and got alot done. Need to finish before the dang storms, don't need all that new lumber soaking it up!

Old 11-07-2009, 04:25 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
[b]That's cool Shel that your BIL is a handy type guy - at least he can evaluate to see if he can fix it or if you need a plumber. Plus excuse to get to see your sister and Bella (get Watson snipped!)

OK kid's starved so going to grab something to eat and then evaluate what I have that I could possibly throw in the crock pot. Don't feel like taking back way down to town for crap (tree still blocking the one road) so will work with what I have here - which ain't much lol Maybe a peanut butter casserole with rice Do think I could jury rig some tomato paste into sauce and have noodles and rice, so might just make up a recipe and go for it - have a lot of different things, so just need to figure out what I have that would actually go together and not taste like dog food.
Watson is getting snipped next month...canceled the one for yesterday because I was short on cash. Now I am going to have to watch him like a hawk around Bella--she is still in heat and wearing diapers!

I do the same thing--rummage through my kitchen to see what would possibly go together and try to fix something to eat!!!
Quote:
I am back, it got to dang HOT out there staining. Cant win for losing with this weather....

Tex, NO do not buy a toilet, all they will do is drain and remove yours, take out the wax seal and replace it with a new one, then they put the toilet back into place. whole thing takes about 30 mins and that will be that. You may ask the plumber if you can pick it up (Lowe/HD) and he just charge the labor...no tellin what they will charge for the kit, should be around 7-8 bucks only.
Thanks Painter. I think the toilet is definitely the problem--only drips downstairs after flushing. My BIL will do all the work. He is coming down next Sat to fix it.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Ah Tex the joys of home ownership-NOT!
I will say one thing--I am looking forward to being a renter after I sell.
Quote:
Baking and Lacey do not go together-but cook a meal-that I love. I've cooked for up to 125 at a time.
WOW!! So you don't bake over the holidays?
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
As long as there's no tarnished soot in the oven LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CLean clean clean those muffin ovens...Viking preferably lol!
That is ONE job I positively hate is cleaning my oven! All that nasty black soot --what a messy job!
Too bad you and Lace don't live closer together--you could have a business going--you with the cupcakes and Lace with her delicious dinners.
Quote:
Hallelujia!!! Welcome home and give those furbabies lots of kisses because I know they missed you!
Quote:
Okay guess the weather predictors cant make up there friggin' minds. Now they say IDA is heading right at us and will hit land here Tues around noon. Not a happy camper gals about this. They say it will now regain strength and maybe, yes maybe, be a Cane 1 or 2 at worse. Sick of this crapola here....
Would you believe some are excited about it, stupid, saying it will help the local econ and the real estate. It may be true but at what cost do I want to sell my house, someone would have to lose everything. I could go on a rant about what Ivan brought after the storm but....
Off to shower off some stain, went back and got alot done. Need to finish before the dang storms, don't need all that new lumber soaking it up!
YIKES--I have to check out the FL weather and the path it is going to take. I have a niece in Boca and a sister just North of Tampa. Hope it stays away from them and you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey campers, almost noon and I am just now posting..Carl been unloading that trailer and driving me nuts...no I dont know where to put any of it so stop asking!!!! Need a chill pill soon. Cant lay down for a nap as we are heading to our son's for his and roommates housewarming..wish I felt better, not in the mood for a lot of chit chat. Maybe a glass of wine will loosen my lips a little lol..had a lot of pain during the night and woke up this morning with the same. Tryin to find our king sized feather bed to put on our bed, i think that will help..we have a tempurpedic and it just feels so hard to me. I don't know, its like with pillows, I finally found some that don't hurt my neck too badly. I would like to trade places with the person handling my social security disability file and see how they think I could work. As Annie would say, AZZ.
Ok going to hop in shower and see if I can't get my act together. I did read all your posts this morning but no energy to really post back..PS Mexican food was good, that is one thing they DO know how to make in Southern CA. I can cook decent mexican food, especially my enchiladas....YUM.

later campers.
I LOVE enchiladas with verde sauce. YUMMO!!

Those people at SS are jacked up! Did you ever have that phone interview with them?
Well I hope a nice glass of wine relaxes you and you enjoy yourself tonight.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:32 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,047,650 times
Quote:
Joy-those days are behind me. Don't know how I did it in my younger days.

Yeah almost Happy Hour and leftovers.
Well I've got the happy hour already started and still didn't figure out about dinner. Might just have a dang PBJ and be done with it. I need a wife

Quote:
Thanks again you all for responding. Barb feel better maybe you need a different mattress. We have a tempurpedic and we love it. We have had it for 5 years and the one we bought has a little pillow top on it.We use to get a mattress a few years for Gary.
God I miss my pillow top matress. Sounds just like the one you have. Of course, it's with the rest of my furniture. Really need to break down and buy another one 'cause the one I have now sucks.

Quote:
Lorriem, That is wonderful news! Glad you made it home safe and sound, betcha those 4 legged babies are thrilled too....now enjoy life!

Girl I'll send prayers that those jerks are wrong, AGAIN, and it breaks apart before hitting land. Put a man on the moon - now, my question about how in the hell will a hurricane 'help' the real estate market? What collect from the huge insurance premiums you have to pay if it gets blown away or totalled? Hmmmm Guess that might be one way to 'sell' your house. Gotta say one thing, I am so glad that I not only don't have to deal with snow anymore, but we don't get hurricanes. The occassional tremor but I sleep through those - get rain like a MF sometimes, but no hurricanes. Ugh. Big prayers for you sister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Watson is getting snipped next month...canceled the one for yesterday because I was short on cash. Now I am going to have to watch him like a hawk around Bella--she is still in heat and wearing diapers!

LOL when Sasha went into heat 'cause stupid husband didn't take her in time to get fixed, I used his underwear so she didn't drip blood everywhere. Somewhere in a land far away are pics of her wearing mens underwear. Then he let her outside to go potty and every dog in the neighborhood got a piece of her, even the neutered dog of one of my neighbors I called her and said I thought X was neutered and he's banging my little girl - don't know who was more freaked out, me or her. Had to get the dang hose out

I do the same thing--rummage through my kitchen to see what would possibly go together and try to fix something to eat!!!

Well I gave up the ghost for tonight and just gonna have a PBJ - tomorrow I'll figure out what I can throw in a crockpot that will be somewhat tasty. Already looked at what I had and I'll need to get reaaaaaal creative LOL

Thanks Painter. I think the toilet is definitely the problem--only drips downstairs after flushing. My BIL will do all the work. He is coming down next Sat to fix it.
Lucky to have a handy BIL - and you're right about renting v owning. There's always a positive to a negative and one thing about not 'really being married' lol is that I didn't buy 'cause was waiting for pseudo to move down. Low, low rent, electric bill was like $5 this month 'cause president reduced rates for everyone but the companies using a lot of electricity so the remaining 93% of the population got a reduction in bills, something breaks 'El Senor' comes over. They even fertilize my flowers, plant new ones, putting in the back patio (at some point in my lifetime lol) and won't increase my rent. I'm so happy here, don't know if I'll ever move especially if they increase the size of the house like they're looking at doing - though don't need huge. Since I love my neighbors so much if I did buy, I might just buy this but at $140 a month and includes water/trash/sewer? WHY, ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate