Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:11 PM

553 posts, read 1,027,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuck2 View Post
Such ignorance ! People are people and will cause problems despite their housing or social economical situation. I happen to receive Section 8 and have rented a home with the same landlord for the past 6 years. I'm a Master's student at Northwestern University as well as an employee. Receiving housing assistance should not and does not reflect character, it is something I have to do right now until my situation changes. I am NOT nasty, dirty, disrespectful, rude, lazy or any other name you can come -up with! Your tenants were those things because you obviously are too ! section 8 has nothing to do with it !!! You attract What You Are !!!!!!!!!!
Yet, I bet you would not like yourself to live in one of those buildings infected with Sector 8 epidemia, even though you are trying to tell us that Sector 8 tenants are actually not all that bad.

Harris is being moved to a nearby public housing townhome with three bedrooms. She said it's too small for her family, but she doesn't have much choice.... (quote Chicago Tribune)

according to the article the woman lived in public housing for over thirty years. I wonder how many children does she have? and Why does she have so many children?

Last edited by Dressy; 08-28-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 09:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,620 times
Hey eveyone, I am so sorry about the bad experinces that you all had with Section 8 people. But we are NOT all nasty, stupid tasteless, ___holes. I live in Arizona, I am a divorced mother of one teenager. I am finding hard to rent because of the black eye section 8 people have created. I wish that I could right all the wrongs done by these creatures. Me myself, I am looking for a place in the Tempe AZ area, my son is Autistic and I am disabled. I am looking for a forever home. I promise to love and cherish the home, condo, duplex as if it were my very own. Although I know that is hard to believe, nowadays. From the bottom of my heart I express my sympathy and hope there are others out there who share my belief.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,324 times
First off let me say that ALL people on section 8 is NOT that ! You have just been renting to the wrong people ... Learn to do your RESEARCH on a person and their rental history before renting and 2nd DO NOT put everyone who is on section 8 under the same subject bc people who not on section 8 can do the same damage if not WORST !

Old 11-19-2011, 11:09 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poopsie94 View Post
Hey eveyone, I am so sorry about the bad experinces that you all had with Section 8 people. But we are NOT all nasty, stupid tasteless, ___holes. I live in Arizona, I am a divorced mother of one teenager. I am finding hard to rent because of the black eye section 8 people have created. I wish that I could right all the wrongs done by these creatures. Me myself, I am looking for a place in the Tempe AZ area, my son is Autistic and I am disabled. I am looking for a forever home. I promise to love and cherish the home, condo, duplex as if it were my very own. Although I know that is hard to believe, nowadays. From the bottom of my heart I express my sympathy and hope there are others out there who share my belief.
holy teal. That is completely unreadable.

Old 03-15-2012, 01:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,043 times
Don't ever rent to a section 8. A broker talked me into giving this really ghetto girl and her family a chance. So i rented my big 6 year old house to her. This girl had one of her baby daddy live with her. A total pain in the a--. After 2 years I knew I had to get her out. It took six months, she thought she would get the judge's sympathy to extend her stay beyond the legal six months but she got turned down and had a week to pack her belongings and get thrown out. Every month was a different excuse. This girl really thought she was slick. She "tried" to get me to reverse the eviction and promised to leave but I told her she needed to speak to my lawyer because I can't reverse the eviction. Had I believed her and reversed the eviction process she would have still been sitting in my house. On the day of the eviction, she and her half/step sister along w/ their multiple male partners left the house in such disgusting conditions. I waited for the marshals to arrive before I stepped foot into the house. We later found a dying maltese dog in the garage suffering in the freezing cold. The dog was in an emaciated condition and barely moved. She had to be put down by the animal care control due to the condition. I hope that witch rots in hell.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:56 AM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
My BIL was in the business of buying fixer uppers, fixing & renting out homes said the same exact thing about section 8.
When I left my last rental, my LL who does not speak english prayed that their next tenant will not be a section 8; for my close friend... I pray too...
Our family friend just had their section 8 "neighbours" moved out... and the whole HOA community actually celebrated (why??? Per that friend who always complained to anyone who would listen... these people actually bring out their living room sofa & hung outside the home in the front yard in front of everyone else... that is how the whole neighbourhood gets to see how getto they are!!!)... so go figure.

Even if not all section 8 people are "that way"...
One can never predict what "relations" the section 8 people bring into their homes or even to share the burden of a high rent area... who they may bring in "later on" (when nobody is looking) to stay with them to help them with their rent.

Sad, but the "society" prefer to help them than the LLs... its a fact.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:01 AM

3,515 posts, read 7,784,031 times
My cousin purchased a row house building in Philadelphia for 19k. He spent about 8 thousand fixing it up and got a nice elderly gentlemen on section 8 to rent. Things were fine for 6 months of so, then he found out his tenant was caught dealing drugs and was removed from the sections 8 program, so he had to evict. He found out that his section 8 tenant had sub-leased the house to someone else. He was able to get the people out without the house getting trashed, but even the nicest section 8 people can be nothing but trouble in the long run.

While I can sympathize with people that can't find affordable housing, what ends up happening to landlords that have lower rents, they attract the worse of the scum bag renters and end up trashing there place. It's makes far more economic sense to landlords to have higher rents (and vacant apartments) then just have anyone in there and have them trash the place. The goal is to make money, not provide decent housing to people who live like animals.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,904 times
Actually not all section 8 tenants are bad I am a single mother who is going to school right now to better my chances to find a good job. I have to seeing that I have identical twin boys. I do get assistance from the state but I don't abuse the system. Actually I turn those in that I see I actually turned in my own mother once. So, I think there is reasons why people need the assistance and those who do get it should not get put down. I mean I can't even find a house to move into because everyone thinks were bad people. But, all I have to say is think what gods has told us and that it to not cast judgment upon others. Then Look at what you guys are doing here just remember not everyone is bad and abuses the system.

Old 05-25-2012, 10:18 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
How does it make it your home? If you're renting it, it's not yours.

That may be where the problem lies...
When someone is renting it is THEIR home, yet it is still YOUR house.

That's the difference.

Old 12-25-2014, 02:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,330 times
just want to say all section 8 people aren't bad i really don't call my landlord for nothing except something major
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate