Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 PM

614 posts, read 1,237,718 times

Advertisements

My goodness. You are correct that this is getting dragged out over and over again. The other party is just stalling and just utterly ridiculous that the judge allows them to do this. I feel so bad for what you have to go through and please keep us up to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 01:46 PM

194 posts, read 238,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom119 View Post
I'm sure many of you are sick of reading these updates, but I will probably follow through until the very end (if that ever happens!) to let everyone know what I go through.

I went over for post-trial motions in December. I was there early, of course, as was my attorney. As we waited for the other party to show, the judge decided to give the other attorney some extra time because he's coming from a half an hour away (really?! We came from that far away!). So as we waited, and I was taking time off of work, they then got the other attorney on the phone and he was "so sorry" and explained that was unlike him to not put the date on the calendar (ummm...yeah, ok..we'll go with that) and he asked for a continuance which the judge granted. Ok, so I have to take more time off of work to go back over a different day (and stretch this case out even more!). How unfair to me. We then went back over on the newly scheduled date (the defendant didn't show up and usually doesn't...I'm at every court date) and the attorneys stated their arguments in front of the judge. The other attorney thinks that this will be a "windfall" for me since I have no mortgage. Is he serious?! A windfall?! He, as well as most others, have no clue what I have went through with this ordeal. The award amount the judge said I was to be paid isn't even ALL of my expenses!! I had to pay rent on an apartment when I had a house that was much cheaper to pay monthly (unfortunately it was full of mold), I paid utilties for a home I couldn't live in, taxes, moving costs, lost wages from work, attorney fees, and many other numerous amounts of money....not to mention the emotional stress I (and my son) had to go through. My attorney did a super job in the courtroom.

Well, we shall see how this continues.....
Thanks for keeping us updated, what a fricken nightmare!

Old 01-05-2016, 03:58 PM

577 posts, read 663,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom119 View Post
I'm sure many of you are sick of reading these updates, but I will probably follow through until the very end (if that ever happens!) to let everyone know what I go through.

I went over for post-trial motions in December. I was there early, of course, as was my attorney. As we waited for the other party to show, the judge decided to give the other attorney some extra time because he's coming from a half an hour away (really?! We came from that far away!). So as we waited, and I was taking time off of work, they then got the other attorney on the phone and he was "so sorry" and explained that was unlike him to not put the date on the calendar (ummm...yeah, ok..we'll go with that) and he asked for a continuance which the judge granted. Ok, so I have to take more time off of work to go back over a different day (and stretch this case out even more!). How unfair to me. We then went back over on the newly scheduled date (the defendant didn't show up and usually doesn't...I'm at every court date) and the attorneys stated their arguments in front of the judge. The other attorney thinks that this will be a "windfall" for me since I have no mortgage. Is he serious?! A windfall?! He, as well as most others, have no clue what I have went through with this ordeal. The award amount the judge said I was to be paid isn't even ALL of my expenses!! I had to pay rent on an apartment when I had a house that was much cheaper to pay monthly (unfortunately it was full of mold), I paid utilties for a home I couldn't live in, taxes, moving costs, lost wages from work, attorney fees, and many other numerous amounts of money....not to mention the emotional stress I (and my son) had to go through. My attorney did a super job in the courtroom.

Well, we shall see how this continues.....

I am so glad you keeping updating us. I am continually amazed at how determined you are. You are incredible.

I'm hoping that once you get the final judgment, that the state does something in regards to their licenses. In Florida, they have a fund that pays people who suffer a loss from a real estate licensee. Do they have anything like that in your state?

I wish you all the best, and admire all you've done. And, thank you so much for keeping us all posted.

Old 01-05-2016, 08:16 PM

8,574 posts, read 12,411,457 times
Sometimes the justice system is criminal.

Still hoping that it works out for you.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:28 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
Mom119,

Here is your first post-

//www.city-data.com/forum/real-...disclosed.html

You set your feet in the ground and vowed to fight for what was right.

What an amazing battle you have fought over the past 5 years! I can not imagine the sacrifices you have made.

You have had some wonderful support on this site and I hope you know there have been a bunch of folks out here who have been following your saga and marvel at your commitment to justice and your tenacity in seeking it.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:25 AM

225 posts, read 426,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigW View Post
In Florida, they have a fund that pays people who suffer a loss from a real estate licensee. Do they have anything like that in your state?
I don't know of anything like that in PA, but not sure. I did submit a complaint to the Real Estate Commission so we'll see.

And once again, thank you to all of you for reading and supporting me. It has definitely been a long battle and there were MANY times I said I just wanted to drop this whole case. But had I done that, these people would have gotten away with that and I just didn't think that was fair. I feel that we have suffered a lot and all because they didn't tell the truth. I am a fighter and I've said this numerous times...I hope this is the last year I have to deal with this.

Thank you all again! I love reading your positive and encouraging posts, it's so helpful!!

Old 01-06-2016, 07:01 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
You are doing the right thing! I applaud your persistence.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:35 AM

6,478 posts, read 10,350,022 times
mom119,

I hope that the guilty parties are punished and it results in a major precedence for the Real Estate commission in your state. In Florida, the was a major case of non-disclosure, Johnson vs. Davis (or vice versa) several years ago. I know you aren't in it for the money, rather bringing the guilty parties to light. Best wishes.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:10 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Not sick of the updates, just feeling sick for you that this keeps getting dragged on like this and you aren't getting the justice and closure you are entitled to.

Old 01-06-2016, 08:40 PM

510 posts, read 716,675 times
The OP has had the patience of a saint and has stuck it out. I think this says a lot about our justice system. Even with perseverance it doesn't sound like the bad guys are going to be punished nor will she get a fraction of the money she has lost. The fact that the state group that oversees real estate (forgot the name) has done absolutely nothing is appalling.

If this is the state of justice in our country (and I've seen another situation nearly as bad) then I don't have much hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate