Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:01 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,987,926 times

Advertisements

Some of the photos are nice. The ones that didn't look good were the media room - looked cluttered. The bedroom bookcases - too much stuff. The parking area - had a few things that should have been moved.
Over all, I'd give it a "C" - it's not terrible. The fact that it is a nice house comes through. But it would have been great if there was just a little more effort into the photos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM

982 posts, read 3,487,420 times
I don't think the pics are horrible, but I do think they make the house look like a hoarder lives there. Definitely should have thinned things out before taking pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
MLS: 11340357 - 3616 Welwyn Way, Bedford, 76021-2536

I am not RE professional--but I like to check on RE values/postings in my local area and especially in the neighborhood where we still own a home we are renting--and will probably put on market at some point in time...

this house is fairly new listing in neighborhood next to ours--where there are larger homes/lots on average--I walked past this house many times when I lived at our old address--and it is really a nice home from outside and street is well-kept...

but check the photos of the interiors -- am I nuts or was the RE agent doing the listing/taking the MLS photos totally null and void about what should have been done prior to photography to de-personalize the house and prep it for showing???

there are so many wrong things showing in these pictures that caught my eye...and that if I were a buyer would be a real turn-off--although I know that once the sellers move out, they would take all that stuff with them...it just makes it hard to get past those "mistakes" if you find them a negative...

doing more harm than good--is what I am thinking those photos do...

Old 05-24-2010, 07:50 PM

577 posts, read 2,061,069 times
If I owned a moving company I would definitely call the Bedford, TX homeowner and book that move. Ka-ching!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:53 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,055,575 times
The OP's link wasn't too bad. The colors of the house were at least neutral and it looks like a nice home. The arnold schwarzenegger poster is hilarious though. They like their movies!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 AM

93 posts, read 438,963 times
lovelylisting.com is one of my all time favorite sites! I really have to wonder what goes through some people's minds when they post those listing photos - oy!

Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,802,097 times
Sometimes the agent doesn't tell you when he/ she is coming by for the photos. That happened to us in FL.

This time around, our agent hired a professional guy, but I still don't think he captured the outside of the property, so I had to add my own photo of the cove which showed we have lake access. Also, he used some kind of wide angle lense, which I didn't really like, and the colors were off in our listing photos. The wall colors looked totally different in some rooms.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 PM

262 posts, read 650,363 times
Go to www.uglyhousephotos.com, too. Love it.

Old 05-25-2010, 01:54 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideteacher View Post
Go to www.uglyhousephotos.com, too. Love it.
Haha nice link. It's scary how many people out there have such horrible taste in decorating/design.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:35 PM

11,828 posts, read 34,440,909 times
update: I was at the office today and the Spruce house has an offer. Tenants gave their notice...life is good.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:09 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,163,725 times
The Spruce Street house photographs were way worse than the pics on the OPs link. The first house just looked dated to me. I didn't like the clutter, but I have seen much worse. We have taken excellent pictures of our own houses that our realtors have been very happy to use. Can't wait to check out lovelylistings and uglyhousephotos for a good laugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate