Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2013, 12:29 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,595,331 times

Advertisements

Remember Betty Crocker Noodles Romanoff, that orange-colored taste treat in a box? How much would you pay for one fresh box? It doesn't matter what you'd pay; there are no fresh boxes. Therefore, millions of people are aiming for that same taste with various combinations of ingredients. Last night I came very close. I'm still working on the recipe but here's what I did.

For 1/2# of noodles

4 tbsp butter
3/8 cup 1/2 and 1/2
powdered cheese
sour cream
Tabasco

Boil the noodles, then drain and set aside.

Melt the butter over med.-low heat, then add the 1/2 and 1/2. Heat it to hot but not boiling. Add the cheese powder a little at a time until it tastes very cheesy, somewhat too cheesy. You'll probably use about a 1/2 cup. Now slowly add the sour cream until it has a nice viscosity at which point it should have the right taste. But add more cheese powder or sour cream as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste, then a dash of Tabasco. Put the noodles into the sauce and stir it well. Correct ingredients as necessary.

The secret to success is the cheese powder You'll never misplace the jar because it's bright orange. Heere's what it is; it's good stuff. If you're still not sure read the reviews. The larger size is a better deal but I'm appending links to both sites so that you may read all of the reviews easily. The smaller size has most of the reviews.

Hoosier Hill Farm Cheddar Cheese Powder, 1.5 lb.: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food

Cheddar Cheese Powder by Hoosier Hill Farm, 1 lb: Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 09:27 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,816,833 times
I loved Noodles Romanoff, and forget that half-cup serving nonsense because I'd eat the whole box! Your recipe is similar to one I've been using. Also, in a pinch you can simply prepare Kraft mac and cheese per directions, omit milk, and add sour cream and Tabasco.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,153,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Also, in a pinch you can simply prepare Kraft mac and cheese per directions, omit milk, and add sour cream and Tabasco.
Oooh ... there's a variation I've never thought of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes