Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM

50,343 posts, read 63,918,476 times

Advertisements

I make this kid friendly casserole every so often, but don't think I have ever posted it before. When my 30 yr. old "baby" invited a bunch of his Army Ranger buddies over for dinner, this is what he wanted me to make. He was so cute. He said, "My Mom can make anything, but this is what I like."

BBQ Bean Casserole (serves 4-6)

1 1/2# ground beef
1 small onion, minced
28 oz and 16 oz can baked beans of your choice (you can adjust the amount of beans according to how much you want to make.
1 cup barbeque sauce
3 T brown sugar
1 pkg. 8 biscuits from the dairy case
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Pre heat oven according to biscuit directions. Brown ground beef, stir in onion, BBQ sauce, brown sugar. Heat til bubbly. Pour mixture into a casserole dish (13x9 or other). Arrange biscuits evenly over bean mixture. Bake till biscuits are done. Turn off oven, and top with cheese. Let cheese melt and serve. Put a couple of biscuits on the plate and top with bean mixture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2013, 01:36 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,403,121 times
This sounds great and something I would enjoy.

Old 08-12-2013, 03:06 PM

389 posts, read 916,355 times
This sounds very similar to a recipe I have had (and adapted) called Chuckwagon Beef. Same amount of ground beef, onion, can of baked beans. My "sauce" uses 1/2 c. water, 1/3 c. BBQ sauce, 2-3 T. mustard. Once everything is incorporated, cut the biscuits into halves or quarters and lay them on top of the beefy mixture (I use my big electric skillet), cover with lid and wait for the biscuits to puff up and turn into almost a dumpling. My recipe does not call for cheese.

Now that we have gone gluten free, the biscuits are no longer bought. I have tried this with potatoes -- either mashed potatoes or a baked potato. Still delicious no matter what.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:59 AM

3,399 posts, read 3,089,370 times
I think my grandkids would love that casserole gentlearts. Thanks for posting it. Perhaps I will make this next week when one grandson will be staying with us for a few days.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:34 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,058,385 times
This recipe is what I call Cowboy Beans and my whole family loves it. If it stays chilly this week I'll make it son.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:49 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,865,272 times
That brings back a memory of something my friend's mother called "Cowboy Campfire Beans." I went with them to their lake cabin quite often and we had these beans at least once every trip. Initially, I really liked them, but it got to the point that my friend and I dreaded "Cowboy Campfire Beans."

Well, one evening he told his mother that I absolutely loved those beans and she replies "That's good, we're having them tomorrow." The next evening she gave me a plate absolutely full of "Cowboy Campfire Beans" and my friend had the usual portion. I choked down that plate of beans and I have never wanted to make that type of bean recipe in my life.

I'm sure this recipe tastes good, but please don't serve me any .

Another case of too much of a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes