Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times

Advertisements

I used to pursue an active bread-making hobby about 30 years ago, when I was a young 25 years or so old. I tried sourdough as an ingredient, but did not have much, if any, success back then.

Recently however, to try it all again, I purchased some King Arthur sourdough starter and have since then been having a lot of fun with it making bread, buns and cornbread. It brings a LOT more moist consistency to the finished product than the regular dry old box-recipe cornbread, and it's a lot lighter, more bubbly and well... just plain good!

So! Anyone else out there in C-D cooking land that is experienced with, or trying out, sourdough in their recipes?

"bubble bubble bubble... YUM!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 06:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
We had a mother in the fridge for over ten years in the late 80's and early 90's. Then the kids got older and careers took off. In three years the last one will be off to college and we might start at it again. Since Boudin San Francisco sourdough opened up in town, well you know the story.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:06 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default SD buns continued...

" a Mother in the fridge"... what a hoot! And appropriate as well!

Yup: it is the true mother of a lot of nicely "leavened" dough products!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6024/...f4ae0b9757.jpg

http://nourishingfoodways.files.word...3/dscn0978.jpg

Thibeault's Table: The Best Reason for Baking Homemade Sourdough Bread.................

I'm just now going out to find some baking rings today, if I can. I will be attempting to make some correctly-sized SD (sourdough) hamburger buns. After all, who actually enjoys those damnably horrid commercial Cisco type buns (the ones nearly every hamburger joint unashamedly serves, even when they claim to have "The best burgers in town!"?

Only those with absolutely no culinary taste or discrimination, that's who!

http://static3.depositphotos.com/100...burger-bun.jpg

Yikes! Run! Be VERY MUCH AFRAID!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes