Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 05:07 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,432,613 times

Advertisements

I have always wanted to make this:

1/2 gallon of your favorite Ice cream softened so it's easier to spread
1 ready made graham cracker crust or chocolate crust-you can make your own if you like
2 chopped up candy bars any kind you like
hot fudge or caramel sauce from the jar or homemade if you prefer

With a large rubber spatula scrape out Ice cream from container into a large chilled bowl. Stir in your favorite candy bar or M&M's, spread evenly into pie crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze to 2 hours.
If you are making a homemade crust then you will want to blind bake it for 10 minutes, let cool then add ice cream. Serve with hot fudge or caramel sauce on the side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 04:07 PM

I just made up this recipe and decided I will make this in the next week. IMO it's never too cold out for Ice cream LOL

Old 10-25-2013, 11:25 AM

126,280 posts, read 19,053,589 times
I noticed more and more people make their own ice cream cakes,just the way you described it lubby. They say not only it taste better than a store bought ice cream cake,but of course it is cheaper. Plus you can choose anything you want to put into it. This is one thing I am definitely tying soon,maybe for Diwali.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:29 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
Count me in! This sounds like the greatest idea ever!
Think of all the variations! And I LOVE graham cracker crust more than any other!
Thank you so much, Lubby!
Oooo....butter pecan ice cream with Kit Kat bars in it! Chocolate or caramel syrup!
I don't care if I DO have diabetes, I am doing this!

Old 10-25-2013, 01:37 PM

Well I was very motivated today I bought vanilla ice cream let it get soft for easy mixing. Bought German chocolate coffee beans and crushed them up ,added them in the ice cream,poured everything in a Graham Cracker Crust pie form and put it back in the freezer.Oh boy I can hardly wait to sin this weekend by indulging To be on the safe side I invited company over to share this treat. Thank you again lubby

Old 10-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
Count me in! This sounds like the greatest idea ever!
Think of all the variations! And I LOVE graham cracker crust more than any other!
Thank you so much, Lubby!
Oooo....butter pecan ice cream with Kit Kat bars in it! Chocolate or caramel syrup!
I don't care if I DO have diabetes, I am doing this!
LOL at the comment above. I have not made it yet but it's on my list.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
Well I was very motivated today I bought vanilla ice cream let it get soft for easy mixing. Bought German chocolate coffee beans and crushed them up ,added them in the ice cream,poured everything in a Graham Cracker Crust pie form and put it back in the freezer.Oh boy I can hardly wait to sin this weekend by indulging To be on the safe side I invited company over to share this treat. Thank you again lubby
I am so glad. Let me know it tasted.

Old 10-27-2013, 11:57 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
If you are making a homemade crust then you will want to blind bake it for 10 minutes, let cool then add ice cream. Serve with hot fudge or caramel sauce on the side.
My sister has made coffee ice cream pies for relatives' birthdays for years, and she makes the crust like this. No crushed candy bars, but that's a great idea!

Old 10-28-2013, 08:45 AM

16,905 posts, read 16,130,561 times
I should be making this over the coming weekend. I wonder if it would be a good idea to slice it into servings before it fully freezes?

I often just slice a Key lime pie while it is frozen, but is the ice cream pie much more dense, making it harder to slice?

Old 10-28-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
I should be making this over the coming weekend. I wonder if it would be a good idea to slice it into servings before it fully freezes?

I often just slice a Key lime pie while it is frozen, but is the ice cream pie much more dense, making it harder to slice?
We had the small ice cream cake this weekend with vanilla and chocolate coffee beans. rainroosty after mixing all I put it back in the freezer for an hour and then cut it in even pieces.Once serving it it was so much cleaner. Although I could have taken the whole cake and eat it myself It was actually my DD who suggested it to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes