Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 03:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,593,150 times

Advertisements

I lived with a man with a child's palate (scratch that, my five month old already eats a more diverse range of foods than he did...the baby will eat a range of grain cereals, sweet potatoes, peas, banana, and avocado!).

In his case, I strongly suspected and, when I think about it, still suspect that there were a range of behavioral countercontrol issues and, relatedly, disordered eating symptoms that came into play as well.

But his idea of a really good meal was a jug of fountain Diet Dr. Pepper and Twizzlers. His one claim was that he was not a "picky eater" because he ate "all kinds of pasta." He was not 14. He was in his thirties.

OP, it won't change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2016, 08:26 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
where does her post say she had 2 children??? She said he eats like a toddler.
In one if her posts on another thread. 2 kids, not including the fiancée.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
In one if her posts on another thread. 2 kids, not including the fiancée.
Yep that's where I read it , her other posts .

Old 02-24-2016, 08:22 AM

108 posts, read 100,311 times
He eats like a child, yes a lot more things than chicken nuggets but mostly processed unhealthy foods. I have tried sneaking veggies into everything I can but if he tastes one chunk or bothers me in the kitchen he wont eat. Its the hardest thing.

Here's the yes list its shorter:
Cheese cheese and more cheese
Macaroni and cheese
Certain Hamburger Helpers!
Plain Chicken with bbq sauce
green beans
potatoes
fish
steak
pizza [meat lovers]
spaghetti only with Prego traditional sauce

Things that are a No:
onions
garlic
rice
seafood
fruits
most veggies

Old 02-24-2016, 08:42 AM

I like that. My thoughts exactly. Is it I got excited over flavored salts He was willing to try out!?

Old 02-25-2016, 11:56 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeddaisy26 View Post
He eats like a child, yes a lot more things than chicken nuggets but mostly processed unhealthy foods. I have tried sneaking veggies into everything I can but if he tastes one chunk or bothers me in the kitchen he wont eat. Its the hardest thing.

Here's the yes list its shorter:
Cheese cheese and more cheese
Macaroni and cheese
Certain Hamburger Helpers!
Plain Chicken with bbq sauce
green beans
potatoes
fish
steak
pizza [meat lovers]
spaghetti only with Prego traditional sauce

Things that are a No:
onions
garlic
rice
seafood
fruits
most veggies
He won't eat seafood but he eats fish??? Do you mean fish sticks??? if he likes potatoes you could make them loaded and baked, mashed, scalloped. Does he say why his palate is limited??? You could make your own version of hamburger helper which would be healthier and less salty. Would he eat homemade mac and cheese with ground beef in it???

Old 02-25-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
He won't eat seafood but he eats fish??? Do you mean fish sticks??? if he likes potatoes you could make them loaded and baked, mashed, scalloped. Does he say why his palate is limited??? You could make your own version of hamburger helper which would be healthier and less salty. Would he eat homemade mac and cheese with ground beef in it???
Yes like fish sticks or fried. He claims textures bother him and he "just don't like them" for the rest of my questions. I've been trying homemade versions and hiding veggies in them or making veggies on the side for me. I've also been simplifying everything and trying a small buffet style to dinners.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:00 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeddaisy26 View Post
Yes like fish sticks or fried. He claims textures bother him and he "just don't like them" for the rest of my questions. I've been trying homemade versions and hiding veggies in them or making veggies on the side for me. I've also been simplifying everything and trying a small buffet style to dinners.
How old is he? I have a slight texture thing as well, Can't stand the texture of jello, avocado, salmon, oysters raw or raw clams.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
How old is he? I have a slight texture thing as well, Can't stand the texture of jello, avocado, salmon, oysters raw or raw clams.
The one that totally turns me off is whipped cream on jello.

Old 02-25-2016, 03:18 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,881,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The one that totally turns me off is whipped cream on jello.
I like evaporated milk on jello.

Speaking of Chicken nuggets with ketchup, I can't eat fish sticks without lots of ketchup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes