Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 07:56 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I would agree that the flavor is not the same, but I think the viscosity ( of yogurt) would work well in the pudding. Plus adding flavors to the pudding, means the coconut cream is not really for flavor, just for a creamy texture (IMO)
Fair enough. Add some cardimon to it, get rid of the cinnamon, and you might have a winner.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foo...pe-1922993.amp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 08:15 AM

130,332 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Fair enough. Add some cardimon to it, get rid of the cinnamon, and you might have a winner.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foo...pe-1922993.amp

Cardamon sounds great!!

Old 08-27-2019, 12:59 PM

I made it this morning, it is fabulous. I bought yogurt yesterday ( the large tub ) & by mistake I got vanilla, instead of plain, but it worked out OK. I did not use cinnamon, I used English Toffee no sugar syrup by Toriani, I had a bowl warm with some fresh peach, after lunch, & tonight we will have it chilled with cream & berries, it is so simple to make. I think I saw riced cauliflower at the dollar tree ( frozen) recently so I will pick up a few bags, next shopping trip. I had Trader Joe brand in the freezer & used that this time, but I am all for saving a few bucks too.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:29 AM

1,994 posts, read 1,261,407 times
Quote:
How did the pudding run out? I have a bag of riced cauliflower in the freezer, this might work
Hi. I tried it today, I will eat it in combination maybe with fruit, but I don't think I'll make it again. (Oh, well...) Maybe I'm not just thinking of it properly. It's not like rice pudding. But it was worth a try. If I make it again (mainly because I like rice pudding but don't want the calories), I'll let you know. Meanwhile, I'll eat it. Probably.

Old 09-02-2019, 10:31 AM

Quote:
I made it this morning, it is fabulous. I bought yogurt yesterday ( the large tub ) & by mistake I got vanilla, instead of plain, but it worked out OK. I did not use cinnamon, I used English Toffee no sugar syrup by Toriani, I had a bowl warm with some fresh peach, after lunch, & tonight we will have it chilled with cream & berries, it is so simple to make. I think I saw riced cauliflower at the dollar tree ( frozen) recently so I will pick up a few bags, next shopping trip. I had Trader Joe brand in the freezer & used that this time, but I am all for saving a few bucks too.
I hear that real cauliflower is better than the frozen. When I have time, I'll rice my own cauliflower and see how that turns out. Or -- I might start with the fresh riced cauliflower, but you can't keep it too long in the fridge.

Old 09-02-2019, 05:54 PM

Quote:
OK, I added some stewed fruit I made and it was quite good that way. So I will probably make it again for a low-cal treat. :-)

Old 09-05-2019, 12:43 PM

Quote:
How did the pudding run out? I have a bag of riced cauliflower in the freezer, this might work
Hi. As I said, I'm going to make it again, but I like it better with the stewed fruit I also make. I just started a new thread about riced cauliflower recipes. I made Chinese fried rice (cauliflower style). It was delicious! Just had it for lunch and wanted to tell you about it. Here is the recipe link (I didn't use all the ingredients since I didn't have fresh garlic, I used broccoli instead, I also didn't have onion so used onion flakes). It still was delicious!
https://www.skinnytaste.com/cauliflower-fried-rice/
I will be making the pudding hopefully later so I can have it as a treat with the stewed fruit. Yummy. :-)

Old 09-05-2019, 01:04 PM

Yes fruit is good with it, or some sugar free jam, mixed in. I am sure the fresh cauliflower is better, but I have no intention of getting cauliflower bits all over the kitchen, if I grind it up myself, & I don't want to buy a bag of the fresh stuff, in case I don't use it before it goes bad. I am Ok with the frozen.

I am glad you enjoyed your fried rice, I might make that for lunch next week.

Old 09-05-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Yes fruit is good with it, or some sugar free jam, mixed in. I am sure the fresh cauliflower is better, but I have no intention of getting cauliflower bits all over the kitchen, if I grind it up myself, & I don't want to buy a bag of the fresh stuff, in case I don't use it before it goes bad. I am Ok with the frozen.

I am glad you enjoyed your fried rice, I might make that for lunch next week.
Yes I enjoyed the fried rice thoroughly. I agree that I will stick to frozen or riced cauliflower from fresh food section. Enough is enough of home cooking and losing weight. Although I am enjoying my new-found healthful dietary change. 😁

Old 09-06-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Yes I enjoyed the fried rice thoroughly. I agree that I will stick to frozen or riced cauliflower from fresh food section. Enough is enough of home cooking and losing weight. Although I am enjoying my new-found healthful dietary change. 😁
Liking what you are making & eating is half the battle. Best wishes on your journey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes