Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:47 PM

32,937 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Some people keep rabbits as pets, some people eat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnhoneypot View Post
Koreans and Vietnam eat dog too. Gawd, so dang cruel and barberic, I don't even like to think about it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:13 PM

507 posts, read 2,297,348 times
Your right, but peebs don't usually eat the domesticated kind do they?? Its usually the wild rabbits out in the fields and woods isn't it?

Old 08-10-2009, 12:56 PM

Both. I (used to) know people who raised rabbit for food.

Farm Raised Rabbit Tenderloins, 1 lb. (http://www.wholey.com/rate.html - broken link)

Google "farm raised rabbit" and you'll get a lot of hits.

Quote:
Your right, but peebs don't usually eat the domesticated kind do they?? Its usually the wild rabbits out in the fields and woods isn't it?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:01 PM

1,095 posts, read 3,998,311 times
Quote:
Koreans and Vietnam eat dog too. Gawd, so dang cruel and barberic, I don't even like to think about it!!
It's not my cup of tea, but how is it any more cruel or barbaric than eating any other animal?

Old 08-11-2009, 07:09 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
I think fox are one of those animals in the zoo whose musk is stronger than a skunk....I cant imagine anyone would really want to eat one...but there is no accounting for taste.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:16 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,184,922 times
Oh....I thought you were grilling Bill O'Reilly.

Old 08-12-2009, 11:05 AM

507 posts, read 2,297,348 times
Quote:
It's not my cup of tea, but how is it any more cruel or barbaric than eating any other animal?
I guess because when I think of dogs, I think about
"man's best friend",
my companion,
my friend, and their unconditional love for their masters.
their communication between them and us,
the ability to be taught for a seeing eye-dog companion,
to guard us,or to be trained for K-9 units, and most of all, their kisses! The very thought of someone killing and eating a pet that can give all of that to a human being, makes me very sad. Its barberic to me for someone to kill and eat canines when there are so many other animals that were meant for eating. I'm sure theres peebs that eat rats too, but still doesn't make it right in my opinion.

Old 08-12-2009, 01:24 PM

4,604 posts, read 5,777,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I think fox are one of those animals in the zoo whose musk is stronger than a skunk....I cant imagine anyone would really want to eat one...but there is no accounting for taste.
Yep...that's me......no taste whatsoever.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 AM

I have no idea how to clean/dress a fox. I know that you remove the musk gland of muskrat when preping them to eat.

See to Believe: Muskrat Dinner Funny Videos, Stupid Videos, Download Youtube Videos, Desi Mallu Videos, Online Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post

Old 03-30-2015, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 1,068 times
@TnHonyPot Just so you know, pigs are smarter and even more geniticly similar to humans but we raise them for food. Pigs are just as capable of being trained to do anything a dog does. Now pigs do taste alot better but is it any more barbaric to slaughter a dog than a pig? No animals purpose in life is just to be food for you, unless its raised that way, which in alot of other countries dogs are. In alot of places dogs arnt held in such high esteem, after all pigs are smarter have a better sense of smell and can't lick their own genitalia before they give you those kisses you're so fond of ;p ... but your oppinion is that it's barbaric to eat a dogs based solely on the fact that you think dogs make good companions and are intelligent... you could make that case for most every mammal on the planet. also as you so cleverly pointed out, its just your oppinion and its an over oppinionated and uneducated one at that, it geeks me when people call other cultures "barbaric" because they have been conditioned to think that way. If anyone is barbaric, it's you for being intolerant and unaccepting of other people's way of life and using a term like "barbaric" to describe the traditional ways people prepare their food and anything elsething you don't understand, I would say the reason is because you watch too much tv and don't think before you speak. people like you are the ones who give Americans a bad rep. Just keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything intelligent to add to the convo... good day sir
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Recipes