Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 08:45 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,385,704 times

Advertisements

I chat with a woman online from time to time, but I want to move it on to more. I would really like to be meet her in public sometime, and if not be in a relationship then at least in some close capacity.

She said she wants to meet me so we can go for a film, and this is penned in for after Christmas. At the moment, things are friendly, but how should I move them on to more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 08:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
How long have you been talking to each other? Do you email each other? Text? Then Call each other on the phone?

Old 12-17-2010, 08:52 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,990,673 times
Wait until you meet and see if there's chemistry. Never get too caught up with those you chat with online. I once chatted almost nightly for 2 weeks. Great conversation and she seemed like a great girl. Then I met her in person. In real life she had the personality of a rock.

But if you have a good time ask her out again and play it like a regular date. If she's willing to meet in person she's looking for at least a friend. If you dig her then let her know.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
How long have you been talking to each other? Do you email each other? Text? Then Call each other on the phone?
About a year now. We've spoken on the phone once, and we've been planning to meet for a few months now. Because of work, we have not been able to do so.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:20 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,803,986 times
It sounds like you've already made plans, so what's the question? You're already getting ready to take it to the next level. Have fun.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
About a year now. We've spoken on the phone once, and we've been planning to meet for a few months now. Because of work, we have not been able to do so.
Talk more on the Phone. You can't hide so much. Voice changes on the phone pulses and such with conversation.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
I chat with a woman online from time to time, but I want to move it on to more. I would really like to be meet her in public sometime, and if not be in a relationship then at least in some close capacity.

She said she wants to meet me so we can go for a film, and this is penned in for after Christmas. At the moment, things are friendly, but how should I move them on to more?
Have you ever moved things on to more with a woman that wasn't an online friend?

If you have, do what you did those/that time(s).

Old 12-17-2010, 10:03 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,070,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Wait until you meet and see if there's chemistry. Never get too caught up with those you chat with online. I once chatted almost nightly for 2 weeks. Great conversation and she seemed like a great girl. Then I met her in person. In real life she had the personality of a rock.

But if you have a good time ask her out again and play it like a regular date. If she's willing to meet in person she's looking for at least a friend. If you dig her then let her know.
I agree. Been there, done that. OP, don't romanticize too much about an online acquaintance until after you meet her in real life. Nothing wrong with hoping for the best, though! Your first meeting will tell a lot. Hopefully, there will be chemistry.

First meeting should definitely be in a public place. Good luck!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:12 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,067,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Talk more on the Phone. You can't hide so much. Voice changes on the phone pulses and such with conversation.

I have a similar problem. I am talking to someone on facebook but met her on POF. It seems so difficult to get her on the phone. She lost her phone, she defended she wasn't lying when I asked her. She seems to fluff off any question that hints meeting like, what are your plans this weekend?
So I asked her the big question. Do you want to meet me?
Before or after christmas? I figure I would ask you in this manner. Plus it sounds like I am not hurrying too. I want to get her ass on the phone though.. Her voice sounds nice based on how she sounds on her answering machine.

Old 12-17-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Have you ever moved things on to more with a woman that wasn't an online friend?

If you have, do what you did those/that time(s).
I don't date much, so haven't asked a woman out in a while. The thing is, she is older than I am, and I prefer to go out with older women. I'm 31, and she is about 40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships