Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2010, 09:44 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times

Advertisements

Well I didn't. No sniveling.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:45 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,559,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Well I didn't. No sniveling.
Your Aunt Bonnie did.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,408,647 times
She sniveled?

And don't you EVER speak ill repute of Aunt Bonnie. If I had her phone number I'd make you appologize.

Old 07-20-2010, 09:47 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,559,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
She sniveled?
No, she gave me permission. LOL

Old 07-20-2010, 11:12 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,435,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Union Federal View Post
I didn't know that fruitflies bite? I know they have a wicked fire ant problem down there. We thankfully don't have those here.

Between fire ants, scorpions, and rattlers, I imagine in Texas everything bites...
Yup, we have all kinds of critters crawling down here. In this Texas heat, even animals that don't bite humans, turn into overnight Chupacabras. (That's another animal that Texas suddenly attracted.) I haven't seen any rattlesnakes, that would be scary. But we have other snakes that hang around in trees and gardens. We have spiders, lizards, mosquitos, fruitflies, regular flies, cicadas, recently I've seen a bunch of black looking beetles inside stores and everywhere, fire ants, regular ants, big roaches, wasps, bees,hornets, ladybugs, butterflies (if you don't watch out they will get thirsty and bite too) , and in general, anything that sees you will pretty much get ya.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:36 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
annual pilgrimage of deer
Deer can be aggressive too! I thought they were shy, but I've seen videos. Man you don't want a deer coming after you. And your house is the one with the ducks, right? You disillusioned me about ducky romance. [/quote]

Last edited by Thursday007; 07-21-2010 at 06:12 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 06:16 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,192,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Deer can be aggressive too! I thought they were shy, but I've seen videos. Man you don't want a deer coming after you. And your house is the one with the ducks, right? You disillusioned me about ducky romance.
[/quote]

JJ- first my apologies - see DM to you.

Yeah, I live by a river so everything migrates up to my front yard to mate - ducks are violent when they do.

DO NOT WANT. We had a couple of rats back in California that set up house in our garage. I thought they were mice at first but couldn't figure out why the traps were sprung but not doing much. Gaaah. At least they weren't the giant sentient alien robot rats like they have in New York.[/quote]

I've seen them as big as cats in a old warehouse for a company I worked for that recycled paper - they migrated there because of the paper.

I had mice once - ewwwe. They came in through the dog door to snag the dog food. I opened a drawer by the sink to get a scrub pad out and this little thing jumped out of the drawer and clung to my sweater - I was dancing around in the kitchen just screeching.

I couldn't use poison because of the dogs so I got those glue traps - OH disgusting. They don't die instantly, they just get stuck and my little dog would bring them to me at 4 in the morning and throw it down by my bed and stand there all puffed out like "Look at my big kill I have for you." Awwwe man. I discovered the elimination of bird seed in the backyard eliminated them. This after they set up camp in my oven and ripped all the insulation out of it rendering it useless. I had to tear everything out of the kitchen and bleach it to death. Every drawer, corner, pot and pan.

Speaking of old cars and critters. My aunt and uncle lived in Florida and had an old car they had left outside they were finally going to get rid of and when he opened the glove box to get anything out of it all these cockroches came milling out - OH EWWWWWWWWE!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 AM

Cockroaches?! Ugh. We lived in Northridge ("the Valley" in California) right after we got married. Hot (114 degrees the first time I came to see him), smoggy as hell (I remember coming down the Sepulveda Pass and seeing this opaque brown mist shrouding the city below: GROSS), and an apartment building full of cockroaches.

I hate the Valley.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Sigh. I only wish I had your insect problems. Union Federal, the flies we experience in rural NSW feel like a red hot poisonous thumbtack when they bite. The mosquitos here....well I bet they could airlift a small child. Good thing there are so many deadly spiders here, b/c they're good at keeping some of the 'skeeters at bay. Some of the fatter spiders are kept in check by the red-bellied black snakes, occasionally by the more deadly brown snake. Don't get me started on the dingoes..

Right now in the dead of winter, we only have to worry about being turned out of our home by mice. One peeked over the top of the drapes as we were watching "Mystic River" on DVD, but I think he'd already seen it.

This is getting like Monty Python..."you lived in a shoebox?? when I was young we didn't have anything so luxurious"!
I think that's Australia's way of saying "Get Out!" I read Bill Bryson's "In a Sunburned Country" and was amazed at the sheer number of deadly poisonous things contained in one continent. Not to mention the vast unforgiving desert and the jellyfish.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 07-21-2010 at 08:00 AM..

Old 07-21-2010, 07:59 AM

And sharks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships