Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 03:27 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

This thread may possibly be age related....and I think the whole women not having a sex drive is a myth anymore and a byproduct of a more demure time.

Especially as you age and get comfortable with your body, your wants and needs. Not to mention if you don't have to worry about pregnancy anymore and can honestly communciate about things.

No wonder some of these poor hubbys are getting worn out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,488 times
Sex is extremely important to me. Though I'm married now, I have never been with a guy who wanted it as much as I did . I could just lie in bed and have sex all day. Matter of fact, before we had all these kids, my husband and I used to take a day off together, rent a hotel for the day, and do just that. Yup...if marriage doesn't diminish your sex life then children DEFINITELY will. With one it's still manageable...but we have three. And yes, in the past, I have left boyfriends because they wouldn't give me enough sex or because their skills were not up to par.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:05 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Sex is not as important as intimacy, and it's usually a strong feeling of intimacy that makes sex good.

I don't tend to want sex too often if I'm not in a relationship, but once I feel strongly about someone I can't do it often enough.
What she said!!!

Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 AM

9 posts, read 9,707 times
I don't get it enough. My boyfriend is oblivious to my needs and I hate that I have to ask for sex. Im the one to initiate 98% of the time, and he never makes any effort to seduce or touch me the way i want to be touched. I am sad because every guy that I have ever dated has always found me very desirable, and I feel like I am losing my sex appeal because this man does not give me the time of day.

Old 07-16-2013, 01:53 AM

9,086 posts, read 1,459,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
How important is sex?

How often do you want sex?

I'm just curious to see if women think sex is as important as men think.
Very important and want it at least daily and more often other days

Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
I couldn't date someone I wasn't sexually compatible with in terms of frequency and "style." My life is pretty great these days, and the only reason I really would want someone in my life would be to add a sexual component. I have a loving circle of family and friends (and frankly have trouble keeping up with all of them); I have enough money to see to my immediate needs; I have too many activities to count. I also have a very high sex drive. I'm not saying I just want a sex-only relationship, but the main thing driving me to seek a partner is the fact that I want a committed sexual relationship. There's nothing else that's really lacking in my life. So if I was to have a relationship, the sex would be very important - at the top, or near the top, of the list.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 AM

355 posts, read 389,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Suerte View Post
I don't get it enough. My boyfriend is oblivious to my needs and I hate that I have to ask for sex. Im the one to initiate 98% of the time, and he never makes any effort to seduce or touch me the way i want to be touched. I am sad because every guy that I have ever dated has always found me very desirable, and I feel like I am losing my sex appeal because this man does not give me the time of day.
someone give him his luckiest guy in the world medal

Old 07-16-2013, 09:49 AM

17,635 posts, read 22,643,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Suerte View Post
It's time for you to find the right man, who loves you, cherish you, respects you...

Old 07-16-2013, 10:37 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,371,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
How important is sex?

How often do you want sex?

I'm just curious to see if women think sex is as important as men think.
I have to like someone enough in the first place
to find out if we're compatible in bed-it doesn't work the other way 'round.
I don't go to bed with a guy, then if that's gone well, search for positive qualities in other domains.

How often varies; could be 2x in one day, then 1x in 2 weeks.
It depends on my health, my cycle, numerous factors (which have little to do with the merits of a given partner)-
as well as how well that partner & I are getting along above the sheets,
plus how well we connect beneath the sheets.
If I'm not liking a guy (in some way or other), I'm not going to get naked with him.

Sex is critical component of a relationship for me, yet it can't trump the many other necessary features of the person.
If we can't have a good verbal discourse, chances are we won't be having any sort of intercourse.

Rules may differ for a FWB situation, but that is not my ultimate goal,
I want an LTR in which I really like the guy & we get to know each other as people.

Old 07-16-2013, 10:46 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Very very important to me. I would become extremely depressed if we're together and did not do it enough. I am single now and it's been so hard to cope with the lack of intimacy and sex...I can only imagine if I were in a relationship and still not doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships