Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

This is the second time I've done this since I ended the relationship with the ex back in August. The first time was a total disaster with all the responses I got that totally did not match my requirements..I was more speicfic this time, so I'm hoping that will weed all that stuff out. The two dates I went on were pathetic: The first guy looked nothing like his picture and the second guy was soo boring and uptight, I couldn't believe it. I did email someone today so lets see what happens with that. I'll keep you guys posted, LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2010, 10:39 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Good luck. I'm too chicken to try it.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:41 AM

No one talks to me in public. I guess they're intimidated...So I'm trying this way again..

Old 03-01-2010, 10:42 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
No one talks to me in public. I guess their intimidated...So I'm trying this way again..
Watch out for the freaks and losers

And of course, nigerians and russians.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
No one talks to me in public. I guess they're intimidated...So I'm trying this way again..
Do you have large tufts of hair on your shoulders and scowl a lot?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
This is the second time I've done this since I ended the relationship with the ex back in August. The first time was a total disaster with all the responses I got that totally did not match my requirements..I was more speicfic this time, so I'm hoping that will weed all that stuff out. The two dates I went on were pathetic: The first guy looked nothing like his picture and the second guy was soo boring and uptight, I couldn't believe it. I did email someone today so lets see what happens with that. I'll keep you guys posted, LOL.
I personally believe online dating requires an open mind. You may have personal important things you're looking for, but it's more important to not let them get in the way of an opportunity to meet a great guy. Some guys may not seem exactly what you're looking for just from their profile or emails, but when you meet them you may realize things differently.

As for pathetic dates, get used to it, it'll happen. You need to go in with zero expectations. Just expect to meet someone, something short and cheap like a drink or coffee. You may find a new friend, you may find a weirdo, or you may find the man of your dreams. You'll know if he's weird pretty early, but meeting the first time is sometimes awkward and can get in the way of any potential chemistry feelings.

Just go into these dates with an open mind, and if they seem fun and not a weirdo on the first date, go out with them again and just see how it goes. Take it slow, and don't be too picky.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:49 AM

AC-I'm always on the lookout for freaks and losers not only on match.com but life in general..

JS-No I just look intimidating..Its something I hear allll the time..

CD-I went with an open mind but if you look NOTHING like your picture and not someone I wouldn't even look twice at, then there's a problem. I know what I'm attracted to so I won't waste my time with people who don't match that..

Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,160 times
Quote:
AC-I'm always on the lookout for freaks and losers not only on match.com but life in general..

JS-No I just look intimidating..Its something I hear allll the time..

CD-I went with an open mind but if you look NOTHING like your picture and not someone I wouldn't even look twice at, then there's a problem. I know what I'm attracted to so I won't waste my time with people who don't match that..
I totally agree, those you should move on from for sure. I was more referring to pre-first meeting and judging profiles.

This scenario has happened to me at least 3 times, I gave them the courtesy of 1 drink and 15 min of friendly conversation and then I was on my way and I deleted their phone number before I even got home. There's no reason to put up with that dishonesty right off the bad. Men and women both do this, but it gets them nowhere.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:56 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Good hunting, Hi.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:06 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
I agree with what cdubs3201 said. Keep an open mind, try not to have unrealistic expectations, and don't let the bad people make you jaded about the whole thing. The real world is full of liars too. And no matter how specific you are in your requirements, you'll always get people contacting you that don't meet them. That's no different than going to a bar and having unattractive guys who have no chance with you still hitting on you. And as cdubs3201 said, remember that first time meetings aren't always easy and a lot of people will just be nervous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships