Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
No divorces in my family though but I am still afraid to get married. Big mess on a divorces money wise and more if there are kids involved. It can wipe both parties out financially. I am from a South Asian family though and marriage is big part of the culture. People will think I am a loser if I don't get married.
Sorry to hear that, Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 10:11 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Sorry to hear that, Texas.
I rather be a happy loser then a miserable winner.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:13 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,213,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
I rather be a happy loser then a miserable winner.
Good for you! I tried to rep you but apparently I need to spread it around.

The repping I mean.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,811,078 times
Quote:
Good for you! I tried to rep you but apparently I need to spread it around.

The repping I mean.
You may have to wait like 24 hours again to rep me.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:36 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,542 times
Quote:
Ok *pinches nose bridge*

Just forget about the grown up thing. Everyone has a different definition of what being grown up means, and I am in total agreement with you all - buying a house, getting married and having children does not make you "grown up".

I was just curious to see if it irks anyone else, that's all. How it makes you feel.

No it doesn't affect my life, or have anything to do with me, but I do feel sorry for them sometimes. When it comes to relationships I must admit I am a bit of a pessimist. I think nothing lasts forever.

If you truly don't want that life for yourself, I don't understand why it irks you so. Why not be happy for them and wish them the very best? It makes me think you might be kidding yourself about your own relationship goals.

Perhaps you are pessimistic about relationships because your own relationship is... lacking.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:57 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
Quote:
Am I the only one that cringes just a little bit every time another friend pops up as being engaged, married or pregnant?

Part of me feels like I am being left behind and maybe I should start getting serious, but another part of me says "meh, I'll do it tomorrow".
At my age bracket, most of my friends are married with kids. They're talking about kids graduating from school.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
When it comes to relationships I must admit I am a bit of a pessimist. I think nothing lasts forever.

I don't have a crystal ball. If I never played through because I didn't think it would last, I'd have missed some awfully good times.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:04 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Am I the only one that cringes just a little bit every time another friend pops up as being engaged, married or pregnant?

Part of me feels like I am being left behind and maybe I should start getting serious, but another part of me says "meh, I'll do it tomorrow".
I don't have facebook, but I overhear quite a lot complaining that A commented on B's post but A didn't comment on their post. Or B friended A but B didn't friend me, yadda yadda yadda...

The other thing I see is if someone I know happens to be on there while I'm with them, I look over their shoulder and what do I see?

I'm eating.

I'm tired.

I burped.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:

I have a Facebook account and rarely go on it. I don't spend my time finding out what other's are doing with their life. I've got enough living to do of my own.

Everyone is not destined to have the same future so why are you using their life to measure yours by?

Be glad you're alive, well, happy and loved. That's all any of us want out of life.

Old 07-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
meh, most of these "grown up" people bore me. they buy a house, then spend hours rambling about all the repairs, rennovations, and bills they have. i dont care - its not even interesting.

same with kids...people ramble on and on but the stories arent really interesting to anyone but the parents. they never realize this

my brother in law is a pretty cool guy. they got a house and he spends hours talking about it and what hes been doing to fix it up now. hes gone from cool to me not standing hearing him talk half the time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships