Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:16 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

When do super models begin their careers? As I said, Playboy averages 22. When do they first go in for surgery? Kinda weird that women make babies best 18-26.

Now that that ugly truth is out of the way, as a practical matter, men tend to like them a little younger than they are and this gap widens with age. Any 40 something woman knows how many 50 something men show interest.

Now if its other women and steers we are concerned about, then forget everything I said. Cats and poodles have their own preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
I think everyone is focusing on looks alone and we've already had a gazillion threads confirming that men find young women as the most physically/sexually appealing.

However, if anybody bothered to read the article, it stated:
Quote:
The research concluded that beauty is as much about personality as appearance.

It was defined as being confident by 70 per cent, having good looks by 67 per cent and being stylish by 47 per cent.
If that is the definition of attractive, then I agree that women are MOST attractive in their late 20's to early 30's.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:54 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I think everyone is focusing on looks alone and we've already had a gazillion threads confirming that men find young women as the most physically/sexually appealing.

If that is the definition of attractive, then I agree that women are MOST attractive in their late 20's to early 30's.
The point being made though is that looks are really what matter. It's women redefining what constitutes "attractive" to fit their own evolving worldview as they age. For men it's still primarily based on looks.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
The point being made though is that looks are really what matter. It's women redefining what constitutes "attractive" to fit their own evolving worldview as they age. For men it's still primarily based on looks.
Well it's a poll of 2,000 men and women. I really do think that as men mature, whenever that is, they add other considerations in addition to looks, such as personality, temperment, intelligence, confidence. I do think in a woman's late 20's all these things tend to come together, in addition to their looks. There is such a thing as personal appeal, which encompasses sexual appeal and more.

Given that and the fact that the surveyed were likely more mature, I think it makes a lot of sense to me.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:58 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Well it's a poll of 2,000 men and women. I really do think that as men mature, whenever that is, they add other considerations in addition to looks, such as personality, temperment, intelligence, confidence. I do think in a woman's late 20's all these things tend to come together, in addition to their looks. There is such a thing as personal appeal, which encompasses sexual appeal and more.

Given that and the fact that the surveyed were likely more mature, I think it makes a lot of sense to me.
I agree with that to an extent that as men age they learn to qualify women on more than just their looks, but there's 100% no question they physically peak in their late teens/early 20s. Men do too, although how their perceived changes as they age. That perception can happen to women as well, but it's not the same thing since men still select for fertility (ergo looks) well above all other factors, even as the men age. It isn't until men are *much* older and relative age gaps kick in that they'll start looking at women in their 30s or 40s. And from what I've read here and heard elsewhere the lion's share of attention older women get is from men 10+ years older than themselves. The older the women get the more the age gap grows and the less attention they receive in general.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:29 PM

13 posts, read 27,814 times
Here's some cold hard facts to prove selection bias using their website stats: qvc.com - Quantcast Audience Profile

70% of people that go to qvc.com are women. 78% of them are 35 or older.

The vast majority of people in this survey are women over 35.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:04 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,965 times
Being most attractive not being quite the same as being most beautiful, I'd say men and women in their late 20s or in their early-to-mid 30s are generally most attractive (being more self-confident than they previously were, having more definite goals in life and experience and retaining most of their enthusiasm and their physical and mental energy) and men and women (and girls and boys) ranging from 16 to 27 (approx.) are most beautiful.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:

Honestly, I think looks are the most important thing for a man when considering a potential mate. Of course, men want more than just looks, but if push comes to shove, a woman's looks is more likely than not to be the tiebreaker.

I think that women reach their physical peak at 21 and are best suited for marriage between 26 and 29, when they have matured some, but yet their looks haven't really started to fade.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:45 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,732,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysovereign View Post
I take issue with your media source and QVC as not being the most reliable or scientific, but also that this somehow seems sexist to me. Why is there so much emphasis of beauty placed on Women? And where is a poll for what age men are most attractive at? Some guys start losing their hair in their 20's and others gain weight right after High School, in all the wrong places.

Yeah, I could go on, and on...
Again, to be honest, it's because pretty much everybody knows that men value youth and beauty above all else. I don't think that's sexist; it's just the way we are programmed. A man's physical appearance is not as important to his success in the mating game as a woman's is to hers.

Old 07-28-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Honestly, I think looks are the most important thing for a man when considering a potential mate. Of course, men want more than just looks, but if push comes to shove, a woman's looks is more likely than not to be the tiebreaker.

I think that women reach their physical peak at 21 and are best suited for marriage between 26 and 29, when they have matured some, but yet their looks haven't really started to fade.
As a woman, I can only speak from what I've seen. It's her looks that may put her in the running, but it's her personality that is the deal-breaker (tie-breaker as you called-it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships