Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:08 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

I can't really speak from personal experience (only internet dating really ) but I'm wondering if you've found this to be the case...

That there's no point 'limiting yourself' and sticking to girls who are 'in your league' because you think they are too good for you or because they are very attractive, let's say the top 10% of the population.

Personally, I think girls who think of themselves as attractive - which isn't always the same as actually being so - often try to play 'hard to get' or just keep themselves off-limits. A lot of rather average looking women think of themselves this way. On the other hand, it seems if you hit the right buttons it's not all that impossible to land the 'hot chick', especially if she doesn't have that attitude.

I guess my point is that maybe the whole belief that attractive women are much harder to have a relationship with isn't entirely true (and mean of course there is a basis for it). I'm not just talking exceptions, but maybe a different dynamic is going on.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2012, 09:15 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Women who don't like you are hard to "get".

Women who like you are much easier to "get"

Signed
A dude who "gets" women who are much more attractive than I consider myself.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:17 AM

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
What do you think?

I think...

a) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

b) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"

Old 01-29-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
I think...

a) men for the most part are delusional and clueless about their level of attractiveness to women.

b) men are always trying to score with someone out of their league

c) most men would be better served finding a a strong, reliable woman within their "league"
The use of terms like 'out of my league', 'scoring' confirms to me that dating is really more a sport, a competition, than it is about love.

Men are visual creatures (what a cliche) and the main avenue for meeting women is in a bar or club, where the only way to really notice someone is by looks. That's why they're generally pretty bad places for seriously meeting singles.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:52 AM

268 posts, read 817,188 times
Good looking women are only attracted to money. If you have money, they will be less likely to reject you. All the attractive women I know only go with guys who have lots of money.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
No, the uggliest woman with tripple humps on her back and a foot growing out of her ear will still want a perfect prince charming and settle for nothing less.

I've been rejected by women I'd almost think it a charity to offer myself to while drunk. at least I'm happy about those rejections when I sober up :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
Good looking women are only attracted to money. If you have money, they will be less likely to reject you. All the attractive women I know only go with guys who have lots of money.
What about good looking girls who enjoy good looking guys and sex?

I guess they choose those who are good looking AND have the money.

3,052 posts, read 4,303,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carp killer View Post
Good looking women are only attracted to money.
Bitterness.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
No, the uggliest woman with tripple humps on her back and a foot growing out of her ear will still want a perfect prince charming and settle for nothing less.

I've been rejected by women I'd almost think it a charity to offer myself to while drunk. at least I'm happy about those rejections when I sober up :P
For some reason I find 'ugly' or overweight women are often not very friendly, and bitter...maybe the attractive ones are being fake, but I've met some who seemed really genuine. In general, however, bitchiness has no correlation to how good looking somebody is.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:10 AM

1,801 posts, read 3,553,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Bitterness.
You bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships