Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times

Advertisements

IMO both sexes as they age lose interest in long-term relationships. Lots of already been said in this thread from declining looks and less options, loss of libido(erectile dysfunction, menopause), being scarred from previous relationships, less energy, etc etc etc.

I wouldn't say lots for the 40's, but increases with age. Had to say both sexes because the reasons applies to both genders(or is that all genders?).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 10:08 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Sure, but we heal, move on, and try again. If you're not open to hurt, you're not open to love.
Of course, but...

I've came across a few people in my life that are emotionally stunted and or immature. I'm actually surprised at how accomplished some people are in some facets of their lives, yet affairs of the heart seem to do them in.

"It's only a fool that looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

Ulysses Everett McGill

Old 11-09-2018, 10:13 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
No, the verdict is NO. Both men and women get more selective about who they date in their 40s. It isn't loss of interest, it's an improvement in judgement on who they date.
Exactly.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:37 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
IMO both sexes as they age lose interest in long-term relationships. Lots of already been said in this thread from declining looks and less options, loss of libido(erectile dysfunction, menopause), being scarred from previous relationships, less energy, etc etc etc.
I disagree.

They lose interest in marriage but NOT in LTRs. After child bearing age, one of the main reasons for getting married becomes moot. Also there is an issue that in a LTR you are not necessarily combining assets, you preserve passing on your assets to your separate families, and you don't need a lot of legal crap to separate. (You just move!)

Old 11-09-2018, 10:49 AM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
I disagree.

They lose interest in marriage but NOT in LTRs. After child bearing age, one of the main reasons for getting married becomes moot. Also there is an issue that in a LTR you are not necessarily combining assets, you preserve passing on your assets to your separate families, and you don't need a lot of legal crap to separate. (You just move!)
I never had an interest in marriage and Mrs. Chow even less.

I guess I just grew up around so many people that were married, then divorced and they just shacked up.

People say that term as a pejorative. To me I just shrug my shoulders, I guess I'm shacking up.

I/we don't have kids so that makes things easier, but for those that do, people need to be careful about assets and wills and who gets what etc etc.

That sort of thing causes so much grief it's not even funny.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:45 AM

1,279 posts, read 853,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

By Joe N.

"I am sixty two and have a healthy libido, but have talked to many men (over a hundred) who freely admit that they lost interest in women by age forty. They are not gay males, just turned off towards women. Something about the male female games seemed to turn them off and they would just as soon have a date with their left hand. I know that sounds crude, but it is a reality for many men.

What do you think it is?

The definition in society world wide is that a man is a provider. Could these men be disinterested in being a provider? Could the responsibility associated with having to provide for a family be driving them away from women?

Could it be that they have just met too many artificial women who have turned them off to women in general?

Any other ideas?"

Please discuss?

PS- I DID NOT write this NOR am I saying I agree or disagree with it.
What a strange post. I'm a straight guy in this age bracket. I've never met another straight guy who lost interest in women. Perhaps he doesn't want to get married, but becoming unattracted to women? Never seen that before.

Old 11-10-2018, 08:52 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
I'm a straight guy in this age bracket. I've never met another straight guy who lost interest in women. Perhaps he doesn't want to get married, but becoming unattracted to women? Never seen that before.
Men get much worse if they make poor lifestyle choices (12-pack of soda each day, getting out of shape, insulin dependence, eventually usually ends in full blown diabetes.) It often happens after multiple divorces. Divorce is the screwing you get for the screwing you got. It tends to make a man bitter.

This effect is often observed by the time the man is nearing being a senior or already there. I have a MGTOW cousin who just turned senior, hates women, says his dog is all the companion he wants or needs.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:05 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Men get much worse if they make poor lifestyle choices (12-pack of soda each day, getting out of shape, insulin dependence, eventually usually ends in full blown diabetes.) It often happens after multiple divorces. Divorce is the screwing you get for the screwing you got. It tends to make a man bitter.

This effect is often observed by the time the man is nearing being a senior or already there. I have a MGTOW cousin who just turned senior, hates women, says his dog is all the companion he wants or needs.
I know a guy who's struggling with advanced effects of diabetes, who's given up due to illness, and continued financial struggles. He's finally realized, at this desperate stage, that his diabetes is the result of unaddressed major emotional baggage from childhood, but hasn't made the connection between that, and his inability to sustain a stable relationship. It's very sad. If he'd woken up to this, when the diabetes was at a much earlier stage, he could have salvaged some QOL, but the poor-choice-making continued until a couple of emergency hospitalizations and surgeries were necessary. Some guys give up, because they've boxed themselves into a corner they can no longer escape from, not because they're bitter or angry.

Old 11-10-2018, 10:27 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I'm confused. When has your emotional state been connected to causing diabetes?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-10-2018, 10:31 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm confused. When has your emotional state been connected to causing diabetes?
Quite often. https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0606140011.htm It makes sense, since insulin is a hormone and stress causes a surge (that's an edit, it was a weird autocorrect) of some hormones and a reduction of others, throwing everything off. It's not so much that stress is "the (singular) cause" of TII so much as that they're linked.

I'm not trying to answer for Ruth, it's just that this is something I've heard of before.

Last edited by JerZ; 11-10-2018 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships