Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 02:36 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,846 times

Advertisements

So I'm with my best friend at his bachelor's party dinner. Benjamin brings out several friends and all but one is married (the one who is not married technically is married, but he's going through divorce proceedings).

So I ask them, "gentlemen, so what are the 'traps' or 'problems' women give you when you are married?"

The answers were:

1. "They always ask you, 'is she prettier than me?'" And they are talking about women on TV, such as Kim Kardashian, Jenny McCarthy, or some other super-voluptuous celebrity/one-time Playboy Playmate/supermodel/etc etc etc.

A question, they say, for which there is no right answer. If you say "no," they accuse you of lying. If you say "yes," they get mad at you.

2. "They're irrational. They will find the dumbest and oddest reasons to get mad at you and yet they'll continue to be mad even if you show them you did nothing to earn their anger."

Case in point: one of the guys said that twice, his wife woke up extremely angry at him. He'd ask, "what's wrong?" She would say, "you cheated on me!" Only for her to then realize it was a ..... dream.

3. They go crazy on you. They wouldn't give examples, but they all said, "all women are crazy. If you think you met one who isn't, move in with her and you'll see it."

LOL... what a fun night.

(this is all what happened, ladies, and please note that this was posted in good fun. )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 03:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus - hey, I should write a book

Old 08-22-2010, 03:12 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Married men who speak about women like that deserve what they get. Hey, karma!

Old 08-22-2010, 03:15 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Always hard-hitting wisdom with class and wit.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:04 PM

113 posts, read 720,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post

Speak about women like what?
They were asked questions, and they gave honest answers. How are those examples proof as to what married men deserve?

How does karma have to do with it? Being a married male is the bad karma?

Old 08-22-2010, 05:26 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,177,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
So I ask them, "gentlemen, so what are the 'traps' or 'problems' women give you when you are married?"

The answers were:

1. "They always ask you, 'is she prettier than me?'" ...A question, they say, for which there is no right answer. If you say "no," they accuse you of lying. If you say "yes," they get mad at you.

2. "They're irrational. They will find the dumbest and oddest reasons to get mad at you and yet they'll continue to be mad even if you show them you did nothing to earn their anger."

3. They go crazy on you. They wouldn't give examples, but they all said, "all women are crazy. If you think you met one who isn't, move in with her and you'll see it."
What a load of horse$hit. The "traps" or "problems" or marriage are not this kind of trivial, sophomoric nonsense.

They are, rather, taking their partner for granted, not communicating, and being indifferent/uncaring about the needs of their partner.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I met one I didn't think was crazy. And then I married her!

Old 08-22-2010, 06:09 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I met one I didn't think was crazy. And then I married her!
Everyone's crazy in one area or another. Anyone who thinks they aren't is just crazy.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:11 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,815,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
What a load of horse$hit. The "traps" or "problems" or marriage are not this kind of trivial, sophomoric nonsense.

They are, rather, taking their partner for granted, not communicating, and being indifferent/uncaring about the needs of their partner.
Yeah, this is all the cliche sitcom stuff. NOT ONCE did I ever ask my ex-husband, or anyone I dated, "Is she prettier than me?", so that stereotype always annoyed me. But my ex-husband never let me forget the time I said I thought Matthew Perry was cute. Jeez.

Also, the thing about getting angry about a dream happened with my parents. It was my father, who woke up angry at my mother for cheating on him in a dream, and remained in a mood for the first half of the day. And this was on Thanksgiving. How awkward.

Old 08-22-2010, 06:18 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
Crazy or not...I wouldn't trade my wife for anything or anyone in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships