Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
I could post a picture of a Playboy bunny, but I'm not gonna do that just to prove a point.
Look, youngun, this thread is not for you to begin with. If you're 19, it's only understandable you'd want to be with girls around your own age. What we're saying here is that younger is not necessarily better, a belief some members way older than you seem to hold. I do think some men 20 years my senior can be exceptional! The key word is SOME, while SOME men seem to think that getting ANY younger woman makes them winners, and that's simply not the case at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 11:30 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,473,258 times
The point I was trying to make is that I don't have to be attracted to younger women. My peers are the younger women that old men are attracted to. When I'm old, I will probably be attracted to younger women.

There are people I find attractive that I would never want to date. Looks alone are not enough to make me want to date someone. But if I'm not attracted to them, looks alone are enough to make me not want to date someone.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:49 PM

525 posts, read 948,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Look, youngun, this thread is not for you to begin with. If you're 19, it's only understandable you'd want to be with girls around your own age. What we're saying here is that younger is not necessarily better, a belief some members way older than you seem to hold. I do think some men 20 years my senior can be exceptional! The key word is SOME, while SOME men seem to think that getting ANY younger woman makes them winners, and that's simply not the case at all!

I agree.. even if they are attractive, I still don't want them that much younger.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
The reason some people claim that a man is "lucky" when he is dating a younger woman, is usually, that the man is feeling past his prime, and dating a younger woman makes him feel like a young stud once again, by the simple act of having sex with a much younger woman.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:23 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
The reason some people claim that a man is "lucky" when he is dating a younger woman, is usually, that the man is feeling past his prime, and dating a younger woman makes him feel like a young stud once again, by the simple act of having sex with a much younger woman.

Good points so far.

Saying that reminds me of another thread about a very significant "age gap"....

Last edited by LexWest; 08-17-2010 at 08:37 AM..

Old 08-17-2010, 08:30 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,472,793 times
Younger usually means more fertile, and since fertility (and the likely success of having a healthy child) is the underlying biological basis of attraction (even if you have no wish to procreate), then of course that is an important part of the perception of "better".

It's also one reason many older men are attracted to younger women even if they don't want children.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Younger usually means more fertile, and since fertility (and the likely success of having a healthy child) is the underlying biological basis of attraction (even if you have no wish to procreate), then of course that is an important part of the perception of "better".

It's also one reason many older men are attracted to younger women even if they don't want children.
I don't know about that. You even said yourself that not everyone wants to have kids. If someone doesn't want kids, why would they care about fertility? Younger means more attractive, that's why older men are attracted to younger women. Younger doesn't always mean attractive, but you're more attractive when you're young compared to when you're old, even if you were never very attractive in the first place.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:21 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Not sure if there is an explanation really but younger may seem to be more attractive. Look at beauty pageants, idols, male/women erotic dancers, bikini models, boxer models, etc. All in their 20s. Sure sure sure, there are exceptions.

As people age, their skin starts to wrinkle, skin starts to sag, breasts start to sag, men start to get a tummy so as women, hair starts to get grey, etc.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Not sure if there is an explanation really but younger may seem to be more attractive. Look at beauty pageants, idols, male/women erotic dancers, bikini models, boxer models, etc. All in their 20s. Sure sure sure, there are exceptions.

As people age, their skin starts to wrinkle, skin starts to sag, breasts start to sag, men start to get a tummy so as women, hair starts to get grey, etc.
You make a good point. Younger doesn't always mean attractive, but the most attractive people are young. All old people are unattractive.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:28 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Just curious, city_data91, but how do you define old? Ballpark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships