Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 06:54 PM

299 posts, read 1,132,437 times

Advertisements

Just curious, how many of you have had purely sexual relationships in the past? Any women that were able to maintain this without getting emotionally involved? The kind of relationship that is understood by both parties that it is ONLY sexual and there are no strings attached. Moreover, did you know that the other person was sleeping with others but you were able to "deal" with that?

How long did it last?
How did it start?
Do you still think about this person?
Was it hard to keep it sexual and did you feel yourself falling for this person?

**Please, no married people that are currently having sexual relationships with other people. - This is not that kind of thread.**
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2010, 08:31 PM

751 posts, read 2,481,145 times
I know someone who does this. I won't say she is my friend because she is not, but unfortunately I see her more than I care too. And she is always talking about sex. She knows a guy that is married. The couple calls her over randomly for a threesome, and then she leaves. It has been going on for years. She has never spoken about these people in any other respect than their sexual encounters. So I guess she has no emotional connection to them, because I would think she would at least talk about their kids or something, but no. Very disgusting in my opinion, and one of the reasons I don't talk to her.

Old 08-20-2010, 08:43 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Vu Again View Post
Just curious, how many of you have had purely sexual relationships in the past? Any women that were able to maintain this without getting emotionally involved? The kind of relationship that is understood by both parties that it is ONLY sexual and there are no strings attached. Moreover, did you know that the other person was sleeping with others but you were able to "deal" with that?

To my knowledge she wasn't sleeping with others. I was, and yes, she knew it and was okay with it.

How long did it last?
A year or two.

How did it start?
She suggested it.

Not unless you ask about it.

Was it hard to keep it sexual and did you feel yourself falling for this person?
Of course, it HAD to be hard to keep it sexual, and no.

Old 08-20-2010, 09:07 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
**Please, no married people that are currently having sexual relationships with other people. - This is not that kind of thread.**
Funny you should put this in your post. What you're describing is sport sex (technically know as Sport F****** in the winter Olympics) and there are many married people who are in bad and good relationships that indulge in sport sex inside a marriage and outside their marriage. Probably more then single people in or out of relationships.

Some people even consider it a tag team event. Tag, it's your turn.

Old 08-21-2010, 12:34 AM

600 posts, read 1,609,367 times
Just curious, how many of you have had purely sexual relationships in the past? Any women that were able to maintain this without getting emotionally involved?

I have, several times. I am a woman and yes, I was able to not get emotionally attached. As a matter of fact, most of the GUYS got emotional attached, which is why those relationships ended.

Moreover, did you know that the other person was sleeping with others but you were able to "deal" with that?

The guy I'm having this kind of a 'relationship' with right now is sleeping with others, and I couldn't care less. We use protection.

How long did it last?

Usually a few months or until one of us got into a relationship.

How did it start?

The most recent one started after a night of drinking. We're friends. Come to think of it - it always starts with friendship in my case.

Sure, we're friends

It's not hard at all to keep it sexual. He's amazing in bed. And I'm not worried about falling for him at all.

Old 08-21-2010, 03:01 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Never. How could I do that? Having no feelings for a guy doesn't make me want to touch his body or have him touch mine. And I think people who say they can are kidding themselves or just naturally skanky.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:52 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Never. How could I do that? Having no feelings for a guy doesn't make me want to touch his body or have him touch mine. And I think people who say they can are kidding themselves or just naturally skanky.
Aaaaaand, there's the requisite judgmental comments. FYI different people are capable of having different types of relationships other than your boringly typical vanilla christian missionary position only sex.

It doesn't make them "skanky" just because they don't subscribe to your mindset on the matter. As long as everyone is consenting, everyone is an adult, and everyone has safe sex, it doesn't matter. Sex is good for a person's mental health, and it's fun, and a person can think that way without being overly promiscuous or having unsafe sex.

Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:

How long did it last? one night
How did it start? with a couple of drinks
Do you still think about this person? hell no!!!
Was it hard to keep it sexual and did you feel yourself falling for this person? not at all

Old 08-21-2010, 09:35 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:

How long did it last?
How did it start?

I only had one relationship/thing/whatever that was sort of like this, but it didn't involve sex. We were make-out buddies. Actually, I've had several make-out buddies through the years, but the one I'm thinking of now was special because I couldn't remember his name throughout most of it lol. I don't know if we ever formally introduced ourselves. We met at a rave and ended up all over each other, which is pretty typical for those kinds of events. The next time I saw him at a club we started dancing together and yep, made-out. From then on when ever we'd run into each other it would result in an embrace. We didn't talk at all. We'd see each other, our eyes would light up, and off we'd go. The last time that I recall we were in the stairs of a parking garage. He and his group of friends were going down and my friends and I were going up. We saw each other and locked lips lol, just as we have always come to do. One of his buddies said "c'mon Darren, we're late". Another friend said "leave them be for a minute, they haven't seen each other in months". lol It was pretty funny and I remember him fondly. He was a beautiful young man.

Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,798,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Ladies, you knew this point of view would come. Wait for the pruddish men to chime in.

btw: If anyone is experiencing a "jump off" or "cas sex", then you don't give a damn what people think of you anyway.

Society said, this and that. Yeah right!

Do you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships