Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times

Advertisements

It's just a friendly date. Go and have a good time. If there's something there, great. If not no one loses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
I'm probably biased because I wouldn't get serious with a bad boy. I like my men hot and decent at the same time. Lol.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:00 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,435,134 times
Dating someone you work with is a very bad idea. Making friends with someone you work with could be good idea.

Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
I wasn't my wifes type at all. She had always been attracked to tall, good looking, blonde guys. She married one right out of highschool. He drank alot, but she could change that because she loved him so. Ha, how many times have we heard that one? He didn't change, instead she got pregnant and had a child, and in a couple years another child. He still went to the bars at night whenever he could, buying a round of drinks for everyone. Many times, she didn't have food for the kids. After six years of dispair she gave up and filed for divorce. For the next 17 years she dated many different tall, good looking blonde guys. They all seemed to have one thing in common, they all knew they were tall and good looking and none of them seemed to want to raise a family. She never did find that her type was the kind of person she would want to be married to. When we started dating she wasn't my type either. I've always preferred petite little gals with long dark hair and big b**bs (eyes), she was an average sized blonde woman with long blonde hair and big ***** (eyes). We found we both liked to laugh and that we both got along quit well. I treated her very well and she did the same for me. We eventually decided that we might as well get married and maybe that would keep two other people from making bad choices in mates. We still like to laugh, but I think we have both changed what we think our 'type' is.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I met this guy at work. At first I wasn't too interested in him because he's not my type physically. He's good looking, just not usually what I go for. But after talking to him a bit, he was just so sweet and friendly I decided to give him some more of my attention, and I'm finding that I could possibly like him.

I invited him out with some friends next week, because I'm hoping to get to know him better and see if there's any kind of connection. I'm usually not this forward, but he seems kind of shy and I know I may not see him again (do to work circumstances) so I figured, why not?

There are all these stories out there about women dating jerks. Does anyone have any good stories about nice, decent men?
My now husband is a nice, sweet, very shy man. I loved being the person who he felt comfortable enough to open up to. He is a nurse and loves being kind and taking care of sick people. That's awesome that you found him! You may just have to give him a little more time than most guys and be willing to be more aggressive than you may have been in the past, but if you are looking for someone who will treat you like a princess, you may have found him!

Old 08-28-2010, 09:21 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,692,607 times
Wow what are you thinking? You should only be attracted to men who treat you like dirt or less. Has society not conditioned you?

Old 08-28-2010, 07:52 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
'Nice' isn't always a sign of weakness just as 'bad' is not always a sign of strength.

Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
I am a nice, caring, friendly, tall, good looking college student guy. In high school, I had several girlfriends, but since I started college a year ago, I've had none. It's difficult for me to find a girl in college who wants to be more than friends with me. I can make them laugh and smile and we hangout, but they don't want anything more than that with me

Old 08-28-2010, 09:04 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Nice guys are boring and most women will either get bored with them after a while, move on to somebody else(like a jerk) or exploit the guy's niceness and be the one telling them what to do.

There is no better way to keep a woman interested than being a jerk(it does not have to be all the time, though!)

If you want a woman to respect you, be a jerk and put her in her place everytime you catch her slipping , it will keep her interested.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:14 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
I wasn't my wifes type at all. She had always been attracked to tall, good looking, blonde guys. She married one right out of highschool. He drank alot, but she could change that because she loved him so. Ha, how many times have we heard that one? He didn't change, instead she got pregnant and had a child, and in a couple years another child. He still went to the bars at night whenever he could, buying a round of drinks for everyone. Many times, she didn't have food for the kids. After six years of dispair she gave up and filed for divorce. For the next 17 years she dated many different tall, good looking blonde guys. They all seemed to have one thing in common, they all knew they were tall and good looking and none of them seemed to want to raise a family. She never did find that her type was the kind of person she would want to be married to. When we started dating she wasn't my type either. I've always preferred petite little gals with long dark hair and big b**bs (eyes), she was an average sized blonde woman with long blonde hair and big ***** (eyes). We found we both liked to laugh and that we both got along quit well. I treated her very well and she did the same for me. We eventually decided that we might as well get married and maybe that would keep two other people from making bad choices in mates. We still like to laugh, but I think we have both changed what we think our 'type' is.

Bro, send me a couple pics so i can see the big eyes.

hahahaha

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships