Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
He actually makes a heck of alot of sense. I agree with what he said and I'm not Iranian. Its shows you have morals and values.
Your morals and values aren't the same as someone else's, and they aren't necessarily better.

Old 08-27-2010, 08:53 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,686,659 times
Quote:
Why not give it to him if he is willing to raise it.
Why not give it to him to bear and give birth to.

You are forgetting, between conception and giving the baby away, there is also this little matter of pregnancy and childbirth. One person should not have a legal right to force another to go through it.

Quote:
He actually makes a heck of alot of sense. I agree with what he said and I'm not Iranian. Its shows you have morals and values.
Indeed. Your morals and values apparently dictate that coercive power of governments should be used to compel women to bear children at men's command. It's only a short step from there to straight-up forced impregnantion. I mean, if a man really, really wanting to be a father is reason enough to force a woman to undergo pregnancy and childbirth, it can very well serve as the reason to inseminate her against her will too.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:01 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,683,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
So, say the hypothetical father agrees to pay for the woman's medical expenses as long as she signs over her parental rights. Is that what he wants? To be a single dad? Just culturally, I don't think a lot of men have any idea what full-time solo parenting entails.
Fathering a child is easy. A man can potentially father hundreds of children over the course of his lifetime. There is no logical argument for a man to force an unwilling woman to bear a child. None.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:01 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
Guys, if you don't want babies, WRAP IT UP! And use your own, because you might just get a crazy who will do whatever it takes to "trap" a man.
Some of the best advice a father can give a son is to show him the aisle at Walmart where there is a never ending supply of Condoms.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:56 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,977,786 times
[quote=Redisca;15656103]Why not give it to him to bear and give birth to.

You are forgetting, between conception and giving the baby away, there is also this little matter of pregnancy and childbirth. One person should not have a legal right to force another to go through it.

Indeed. Your morals and values apparently dictate that coercive power of governments should be used to compel women to bear children at men's command. It's only a short step from there to straight-up forced impregnantion. I mean, if a man really, really wanting to be a father is reason enough to force a woman to undergo pregnancy and childbirth, it can very well serve as the reason to inseminate her against her will too.[/quote]

Valid point. Actually I have a girlfriend who called me today saying her boyfriend removed the condom during their last encounter and she wasn't aware until the act was over. She said if she's preggers she will keep the baby however they have to get married as she feels that's a fair exchange for getting her pregnant without her consent.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:05 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,320,307 times
Quote:
Why not give it to him if he is willing to raise it.
Do you honestly believe a woman should be forced to give birth to a child?

Old 08-28-2010, 05:26 AM

3,430 posts, read 4,338,602 times
Quote:
Ummmm....because that would be forcing her to go through with a pregnancy she doesn't want?

Better to murder the INNOCENT baby

Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Your morals and values aren't the same as someone else's, and they aren't necessarily better.

They aren't bad that's for sure LOL Last time I checked people were allowed to express their opinions on this forum and I am anti abortion and will stand up for that

Old 08-28-2010, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Why not give it to him to bear and give birth to. Ummmm.... becasue last time I checked men who were born men can't get pregnant. If they could carry a baby I'd be all for it

That's your opinion....frankly.

Indeed. Your morals and values apparently dictate that coercive power of governments should be used to compel women to bear children at men's command. It's only a short step from there to straight-up forced impregnantion. I mean, if a man really, really wanting to be a father is reason enough to force a woman to undergo pregnancy and childbirth, it can very well serve as the reason to inseminate her against her will too.
That is exagerrating now. No one is condoning forced impregation
All these excuses trying to get around the fact that taking the life away from an innocent child is ok....don't think this thread was about abortion so why not focus back on what this thread is about and stop attacking MY PERSONAL MORALS AND VALUES. No one is going to be able to change my mind so stop trying

Old 08-28-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Fathering a child is easy. A man can potentially father hundreds of children over the course of his lifetime. There is no logical argument for a man to force an unwilling woman to bear a child. None.

That is your belief however many many people would disagree with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships