Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 PM

896 posts, read 1,854,828 times

Advertisements

Just curious about what others think...

Im a 23 year old Cancer guy (July 6) and my fiance is 27 and shes a Virgo (Sept 2).

I think were a fairly decent match. Just wondering what others think of the compatibility....not that it matters, im in it for keeps now.

Old 10-26-2010, 07:57 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Statistics say couples over the age of 25 tend to stay together longer. mainly because by then most have settled into a decent job and matured however I know some 23yo who act more mature than a few 30 yo I know. I am all for the woman being alittle older than the man. I know quite a few Cancer Virgo unions that are long lasting but I am definitely not an expert on astrology!Good Luck!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Statistics say couples over the age of 25 tend to stay together longer. mainly because by then most have settled into a decent job and matured however I know some 23yo who act more mature than a few 30 yo I know. I am all for the woman being alittle older than the man. I know quite a few Cancer Virgo unions that are long lasting but I am definitely not an expert on astrology!Good Luck!

Were not 100% perfect but weve been together awhile and were basically the only other person, that we like in the world. It seems everybody around us lives in chaos, while were grounded and stable. Thats a good thing. We still definitely have some tests to endure, as were just now aquiring our first home together, and while we both have adequate jobs, were both just now attending college, and theres going to be a lot to juggle. As a Cancer, I have endless concerns about my strengths and abilities to accomplish things because I tend to fear new things coming my way, but my fiance is good about supporting me, and kind of lighting a fire under my ass, without pushing me to the point of hurting my sensitive feelings. Haha, you would never guess I was a huge sensitive baby, seeing as im a burly guy who acts bold and assertive in public. Its all a front. Thats me hiding in my Cancer crab shell.

And it suits me fine having an older significant other. I think its kind of a "strong, dominant woman" factor...I think I respect a girl whos older than me, more. More experienced in the world, and I can admire that.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:20 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Just curious about what others think...

Im a 23 year old Cancer guy (July 6) and my fiance is 27 and shes a Virgo (Sept 2).

I think were a fairly decent match. Just wondering what others think of the compatibility....not that it matters, im in it for keeps now.
At this point in time, with your pincers dug into this person, there'd be no point in making any comments as you'd be blind to any suggestions.

When you're deeply in love with someone, even if someone were to say you're heading into an desert arroyo, with a imminent 6-inch downpour,
it's unlikely you'd head for higher ground.

Cancer is a Cardinal sign: leaders, directors, on the bossy side, never happier unless they're running the show. Cardinals should avoid other Cardinals in terms of marriage. At least you're smart enough to know that, and get yourself involved with a Mutable sign.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
At this point in time, with your pincers dug into this person, there'd be no point in making any comments as you'd be blind to any suggestions.

When you're deeply in love with someone, even if someone were to say you're heading into an desert arroyo, with a imminent 6-inch downpour,
it's unlikely you'd head for higher ground.

Cancer is a Cardinal sign: leaders, directors, on the bossy side, never happier unless they're running the show. Cardinals should avoid other Cardinals in terms of marriage. At least you're smart enough to know that, and get yourself involved with a Mutable sign.

Im not bossy in an obvious way. When it comes to everyday things, my Virgo fiance runs the show. To the public, I look like im in charge, because I wear my "shell" and put up a front or air of confidence, and walk into a room like im the ****, which I think my Virgo appreciates because I actually handle things when im in that sort of mindframe. In reality, im terrified of everything and have to fake being strong, because something in my mentality tells me "never let em see you sweat". Im extremely indecisive, almost afraid to make decisions, and my Virgo has a rigid sense of how things should be done correctly anyway. So she kind of says, do this, and I happily do it because it alleviates me of having to dwell. Im not sure where the Cardinal aspect comes into play here. The only control I really exert over the relationship is emotional control if anything, which is obviously something Cancers are notorious for. I think I subtly and covertly manipulate my fiances feelings to try to get her thinking in a way that produces favorable results for me. Sometimes I run into a proverbial brick wall though (her) and she shuts me down.

I think shes good for me though. Im a cancer male. I grew up with an absent father my whole life. I have a Leo mom. Think definitive Leo. Like 53 year old who cant accept the fact that shes not 33. Leos are generous caring parents though, almost to a fault, and you can imagine how that worked out for me. Ive always been super dependent on my mom. I think its a mission for Cancer males in life to overcome their mother, so to speak. Whether they replace her with someone just like her, which is what I think I tended to do in earlier relationships, or overcome and move past her. I think what I found in my Virgo is someone whos generous and caring enough to provide me somewhat of a nuturing quality that I require, but is stern enough to light a fire under my ass and coax me out of my shell at the same time. To me that seems like the perfect combination for me to advance as a person.

As far as how I as a Cancer benefit my Virgo, youd have to ask her, but I think it probably boils down to common problems women have with most men, not being sensitive enough or in touch with themselves and understand and what not. Im the human embodiment of all those traits, sometimes to a fault. I think my Virgo fiance is an emotional person but isnt good at expressing it, and im the one person who is a safe haven in this world for her to unburden herself to. Plus im hard working and care about creating a good home (<Cancer specialty) and good lifestyle for us.

I almost cant imagine a better combination. Its funny. Everyone we encounter makes a point out of saying how they like us. Like as a collective unit they really appreciate us as a couple.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:30 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,452,102 times
Yes!! 100% I am definately a Taurus and that's why I have a small bull on my very lower back.

Old 11-19-2010, 09:40 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias C View Post
Im not bossy in an obvious way. When it comes to everyday things, my Virgo fiance runs the show. To the public, I look like im in charge, because I wear my "shell" and put up a front or air of confidence, and walk into a room like im the ****, which I think my Virgo appreciates because I actually handle things when im in that sort of mindframe. In reality, im terrified of everything and have to fake being strong, because something in my mentality tells me "never let em see you sweat". Im extremely indecisive, almost afraid to make decisions, and my Virgo has a rigid sense of how things should be done correctly anyway. So she kind of says, do this, and I happily do it because it alleviates me of having to dwell. Im not sure where the Cardinal aspect comes into play here. The only control I really exert over the relationship is emotional control if anything, which is obviously something Cancers are notorious for. I think I subtly and covertly manipulate my fiances feelings to try to get her thinking in a way that produces favorable results for me. Sometimes I run into a proverbial brick wall though (her) and she shuts me down.

I think shes good for me though. Im a cancer male. I grew up with an absent father my whole life. I have a Leo mom. Think definitive Leo. Like 53 year old who cant accept the fact that shes not 33. Leos are generous caring parents though, almost to a fault, and you can imagine how that worked out for me. Ive always been super dependent on my mom. I think its a mission for Cancer males in life to overcome their mother, so to speak. Whether they replace her with someone just like her, which is what I think I tended to do in earlier relationships, or overcome and move past her. I think what I found in my Virgo is someone whos generous and caring enough to provide me somewhat of a nuturing quality that I require, but is stern enough to light a fire under my ass and coax me out of my shell at the same time. To me that seems like the perfect combination for me to advance as a person.

As far as how I as a Cancer benefit my Virgo, youd have to ask her, but I think it probably boils down to common problems women have with most men, not being sensitive enough or in touch with themselves and understand and what not. Im the human embodiment of all those traits, sometimes to a fault. I think my Virgo fiance is an emotional person but isnt good at expressing it, and im the one person who is a safe haven in this world for her to unburden herself to. Plus im hard working and care about creating a good home (<Cancer specialty) and good lifestyle for us.

I almost cant imagine a better combination. Its funny. Everyone we encounter makes a point out of saying how they like us. Like as a collective unit they really appreciate us as a couple.
Again, I can't shed a great deal of light on this relationship without, not only month and day, but years as well. For all I know this girl could have a slew of Cardinal placements in addition to her Mutable Virgo sun sign. And being your mother, whom you're bonded to, is a Leo, it wouldn't surprise me, even though you stated your earlier relationships were with Leo-like women, that there could be some hidden Leo in your Virgo. Virgo is next door to Leo, and she could very well have her Mercury and/or Venus in Leo, some leonine influence. Or there could be other factors unknown.

Cancerian men are the most "feminine" of all men, and you wouldn't have to wear such a hard shell if you lived in other countries in this world, who are more accepting of men showing their feminine sides. It's not surprising, in this masculine-trait-loving country for Cancerian males to go completely overboard with covering up their feminine side with an extremely macho exterior a la Sylvestor Stallone/Rambo/Cancerian. But you won't fool me: harder the shell, softer the center.
Let's hope your Virgo appreciates having a man who's equally in touch with both their masculine and feminine sides, and you two can cry together sometimes, play in the "mud" together and she's not going to carp on your extreme sensitivity and occasional moodiness or order you to Man Up, now and then. Another great plus for her: an outstanding listener.

You say the "only" control you exert over her in emotional control. I think you're minimizing how much you control her via emotions. Like I stated, Cardinals are leader, directors: Aries/Capricorn are more likely to control directly, Libra and Cancer, the other two, indirectly, and I never underestimate the power of controlling indirectly.

You appear to be intelligently, intuitively introspective and observant of others. Yes, you can benefit, now and then, from having a more emotionally detached partner (Virgo can be equally as detached as the air signs), so long as they don't "dry you up" completely.

Emotional manipulaton comes hand-in-hand with the water signs (Pisces/Scorpio/Cancer) but if you really want to hone up on your manipulation skills, take them to the highest level, hang around with the masters, Pisces, sometime, and you'll definitely learn a few things. When a strongly-flavored Cancerian manipulates me, I smell it right away, the dangers with Piscean manipulations, there's little or no smell to it!

Old 11-20-2010, 04:04 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,596,209 times
Quote:
the dangers with Piscean manipulations, there's little or no smell to it!
What's wrong with not stinking? It's weird that I would end up strong in Pisces. I've always liked my sun sign being in Gemini. All these years of dealing with my master manipulator brother who's sun sign is Pisces. So it has been kind of a shock to learn I'm so strong in Pisces with my moon sign and mars sign landing there. I hate thinking I manipulate others because I hate feeling manipulated. Could it be Pisces don't realize they are doing it? Although, in my brothers case he has to know!!! And he does smell. Hmmm, maybe he's a Pisces sun and Cancer moon.

*runs off to check*

Sun Pisces
Moon Capricorn
Mercury Aquarius
Venus Acquarius
Mars Gemini
Jupiter Aries
Saturn Cancer
Uranus Scorpio
Neptune Sagittarius
Pluto Libra
Lilith Aries
Asc node Scorpio.

Pisces ascendant Scorpio

Hmmmmmm, is this a chart of a master manipulator? All I know is that he and I clash like you would not believe! And I get along with everyone!

Last edited by lyra33; 11-20-2010 at 04:12 AM..

Old 11-20-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Again, I can't shed a great deal of light on this relationship without, not only month and day, but years as well.

Im July 6, 1987. Shes September 2, 1983.

Haha I probably exaggerated my masulinity. I dont go out of my way to act like a MANS man whatsoever, but theres times where I do have to force myself to talk about sports or work or something when I really would rather be talking about something more intellectual, accept im in the company of MENS men.

Im terrified of what people think about me. It sucks. I have such huge ideas that I want to pursue and get out into the public arena, but im limited to hiding behind a screenname online or writing into my local newspaper at best, because im afraid to open myself up to peoples criticism. Ah the life of a Cancer.

Old 11-20-2010, 02:58 PM

362 posts, read 392,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes!! 100% I am definately a Taurus and that's why I have a small bull on my very lower back.
That must make it hard to get in and out of your car..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships