Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:48 AM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,807 times

Advertisements

I met this guy at work. At first I wasn't too interested in him because he's not my type physically. He's good looking, just not usually what I go for. But after talking to him a bit, he was just so sweet and friendly I decided to give him some more of my attention, and I'm finding that I could possibly like him.

I invited him out with some friends next week, because I'm hoping to get to know him better and see if there's any kind of connection. I'm usually not this forward, but he seems kind of shy and I know I may not see him again (do to work circumstances) so I figured, why not?

There are all these stories out there about women dating jerks. Does anyone have any good stories about nice, decent men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 AM

234 posts, read 499,307 times
Hmmm...well I think of myself as a nice decent guy, but I have to say it seems like jerks seem to do better than me a lot of the time, but I keep plugging away. Anyways, if you're into this guy then I would say go for it. I think sometimes we get too hung up on a "type" and when you do that you end up missing a connection with someone that could have been special.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:08 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,437,376 times
Nice, decent men are worth a try.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCat View Post
Hmmm...well I think of myself as a nice decent guy, but I have to say it seems like jerks seem to do better than me a lot of the time, but I keep plugging away. Anyways, if you're into this guy then I would say go for it. I think sometimes we get too hung up on a "type" and when you do that you end up missing a connection with someone that could have been special.
I agree. Usually I date men who are artistic,intellectual, kind of edgy, but he's more down to earth and into sports. I have my doubts about whether there can be a connection since our personalities seem to be so different, but I figure its worth a try. Plus I think its kind of cute the way he seems kind of nervous around me.

I think I'm starting to reconsider whether "my type" is really for me. Maybe I need a simple guy.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Nice, decent men are worth a try.
I agree.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:35 AM

234 posts, read 499,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
I agree. Usually I date men who are artistic,intellectual, kind of edgy, but he's more down to earth and into sports. I have my doubts about whether there can be a connection since our personalities seem to be so different, but I figure its worth a try. Plus I think its kind of cute the way he seems kind of nervous around me.

I think I'm starting to reconsider whether "my type" is really for me. Maybe I need a simple guy.

Sure, well ask the dude out then and see what happens! Just take it slow and get to know each other. You may surprise yourself. Good luck!

Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
They're misinterpreted, misunderstood and underestimated but they're out there and they're incredible. I wouldn't give my time to anyone less.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:32 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,580,472 times
Bad idea to bring romance into the work place. Just approach his as a good friend and leave it at that as long as you both work at the same place..

Old 08-25-2010, 06:33 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,647,600 times
Quote:
I met this guy at work. At first I wasn't too interested in him because he's not my type physically. He's good looking, just not usually what I go for. But after talking to him a bit, he was just so sweet and friendly I decided to give him some more of my attention, and I'm finding that I could possibly like him.

I invited him out with some friends next week, because I'm hoping to get to know him better and see if there's any kind of connection. I'm usually not this forward, but he seems kind of shy and I know I may not see him again (do to work circumstances) so I figured, why not?

There are all these stories out there about women dating jerks. Does anyone have any good stories about nice, decent men?

Me! I didn't ever have a "type" per se but there was a couple of physical attributes I guess I was more attracted to. When I met my now SO, I think he wasn't my typical "bad boy" type (whatever that is LOL) and he was a little shy, reserved, conservative - so I thought. The more we talked, the more I found myself liking him and being attracted.
It wasn't long before we both admitted that we had feelings for each other and voila! Five and a half years later and going strong. He's a great guy, he's that guy that will stop to help the little old lady carry her bags and just a good guy all around. His friends love him, close to his Mom, everyone likes him and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. Very fine and upstanding man and I'm crazy about him!

GO for the good guy!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,015,710 times
Quote:

This may be one of the wisest things I've ever seen in all the threads in all these forums.

There is NOTHING wrong with finding certain characteristics attractive in the opposite sex. All too often, however, we get fixated on those "qualities" to the point that we overlook horrible flaws OR build up the worth of those qualities in our minds, inflating them to unrealistic dimensions.

You GO, girl! Go for Mr. Nice. There's no guarantee it will work out, none at all -- but there's no guarantee it won't, either!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships