Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:13 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Pass The Chocolate- Thank you for your points, I didn't think of it that way. Maybe I don't understand why people don't at least take a step towards getting out of that misery of insecurity at any point in their life more so then what age they do it.
That is not what you emphasized in your original post.

Quote:
I guess I was trying to say its a simple concept to be happy, but that its a process so yes you're right..it isn't so simple, but its a simple concept to me, maybe not so simple to others.
There were contradictions. I'm just pointing out, as others have, that you seemed to lack compassion. By highlighting how you got past it, somewhat, by a certain age and she should have, you came off as arrogant.

Quote:
As for my friend, its all in my paragraph response to All About Eve. I'm not trying to shame others, I guess it seems sad to me that those who don't even try think they only deserve a life of being unhappy and I'm just trying to say, if I can do it and others who were 10 times worse off than me can, then anyone can, if they really truly want to.
This is true, but really, you can only speak to your own experiences. She hasn't tried, YET. That doesn't mean she won't. Like you, she will do it when she is ready. Or maybe she won't. Bottom line, it is not up to you to determine when anyone should find the strength to do it.

Quote:
I'm actually getting to that point like what you mentioned to All About Eve, of just leaving it with my friend. I think you do see what I'm trying to say. I don't know where shaming her came in, I'm trying to reason this since I do care about her and her well being, but I'm in that in between point now after all these years of her ranting.
I do understand how you feel and you have every right to be frustrated. You have a right to walk away, if that is what you feel you need to do. Your quality of life should always come first and if your friend's situation has reached a point that it is compromising said quality, by all means, pull away. But that was not the tone of your post, at all.

Quote:
haha, thanks! I guess I can't please everyone. Does that make me immature and arrogant?
Our disapproval doesn't magically possess you to be immature or arrogant. We will all find someone who will disagree with us. If you think we are all here looking to be pleased, you're entirely too optimistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 04:17 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Said the drama lover. It is no shocker that you'd up-chuck something like this and find nothing wrong with her approach. But I did manage to produce a tad bit of understanding after reading about the kind of dad you had. It's no shocker there either, but it sure does explain a lot.
Explains nothing, PTC. This not about my father, don't go off topic.

You're just annoyed a young woman as mir exhibits some confident wisdom many of you didn't possess in the 20s, but you wish you did.

So the foxes come along and call it "arrogant" grapes. Or should I say voluptuous vixen??

Last edited by Currency Pair Crocodile; 09-20-2010 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Added voluptuous LMAO

Old 09-20-2010, 09:07 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Explains nothing, PTC. This not about my father, don't go off topic.
LOL....said the off topic king. Doesn't seem fair.

Quote:
You're just annoyed a young woman as mir exhibits some confident wisdom many of you didn't possess in the 20s, but you wish you did.

So the foxes come along and call it "arrogant" grapes. Or should I say voluptuous vixen??
Ya got us, that's what it is. We resent her for being so strong early on and we're bitter about it. There's confident wisdom for you. Again, no shocker that this is all you are capable of extracting. The rest is just spiteful drivel from a kid who didn't like the assessment of the influences from his daddy.

You have your observations, I have mine. Would it be that inherited sense of entitlement that deludes you into thinking your life is not open to comment? It's not really so off-topic to note why someone who thinks he knows it all and who's goal is to offend on a regular basis, behaves the way he does.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:43 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,253 times
Quote:
There was nothing wrong with your post.

You just made drama filled people see the aliens within them.

When the exorcist exorcises, the demon always comes out angry and bitter
You know you love me Antlered!

Old 09-20-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
You know you love me Antlered!
Only if you're good looking

Otherwise, PassTheAntleredChamataka

Old 09-20-2010, 06:57 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,253 times
Quote:
Only if you're good looking

Otherwise, PassTheAntleredChamataka
You mean my vibrant personality isn't enough for you???

Old 09-20-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
You mean my vibrant personality isn't enough for you???
Vibrant has several connotations.

You mean oscillating or energetic, as in full of life

Old 09-21-2010, 02:47 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
....said the off topic king...
Damn! I KNEW I shouldn't have left here - now I've lost my crown.

Congrats, Ant! *bows low* My sword arm is yours to command!

*whispers in his ear* Beware the Ides of March...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships