Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, there was an article in Money magazine not long ago about RE agents suggesting the most successful of them are attractive women. If something as innocent as your looks helps you improve your bottom line, I personally see nothing wrong with using them.
I suppose. But since I've done some real estate marketing in my time, I've heard a lot of stories from realtors about the close calls they've had. Such as guys asking for showings without any intention to buy--just because they saw an attractive woman's photo in the paper.

The creepiest one was the one where a realtor hosted an open house. Any number of people came through the place, so she couldn't keep track of them all. But the crowds began clearing out, and her husband came by to help her. As they were walking through the house to inspect, a guy was hiding in the utility closet. Hey, he could've been hiding to rob the house, or he could have been lying in wait to rape her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 10:53 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Both my mom and sister are realtors, and they refuse to put their photos on any advertising. As my mother drily noted, "Makes you wonder what they're selling."
Saw an ad this week for an female agent and there was a very fine display of major cleavage. I'm sure it brings her in some business but even to a warped guy like me it was unprofessional.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:05 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,189,782 times
Television news people and bank tellers. Banking institutions have the highest ratio of women employed than any other (legit) profession.

The newspaper here had a part in the business section to announce promotions of people in high profile companies and one day there I was photo and all. I had some of the WIERDEST phone calls. Some guy even wanted to come clean my house for free. I think I talked to every nutbag in the city.

My picture got in the paper a lot for my job because I was always doing something with government or new practices at other companies and I'd be with a group of people in the photo. I got a lot of strange phone calls.

So, it would seem to me, based on the fact that the issue has to do with her picture that anytime you are exposed visibly like advertising, news casters, real estate agents.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:13 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
I'm in real estate and have dealt with my share of "questionable" characters. I use my judgement in showing homes to people or not. I will never compromise my safety to sell a home and make sure to have my cell phone and keys at all times.

Overall, I think exotic dancers/strippers would have the most problem with stalkers and psychos.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
I'm in real estate and have dealt with my share of "questionable" characters. I use my judgement in showing homes to people or not. I will never compromise my safety to sell a home and make sure to have my cell phone and keys at all times.
So, what you're saying is, you'd never work with me as a client?

Old 09-17-2010, 11:15 AM

331 posts, read 990,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkMagaritas View Post
Massage Therapist.

It dosen't help when shows like MANswers have a segment on how to get legit therapists to give happy endings.
Agreed. I was a MT for about 6 years. Some men have no shame in asking for everything they want, either over the phone or while on the table. It bothered me for the first couple of years, but I got really good at screening people before I ever saw them, and kicking them out of my office while still requiring payment if they slipped by.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
And then there are those who don't like the news, so they harass the journalist. No photo or face-to-face meeting required.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:18 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I suppose. But since I've done some real estate marketing in my time, I've heard a lot of stories from realtors about the close calls they've had. Such as guys asking for showings without any intention to buy--just because they saw an attractive woman's photo in the paper.

The creepiest one was the one where a realtor hosted an open house. Any number of people came through the place, so she couldn't keep track of them all. But the crowds began clearing out, and her husband came by to help her. As they were walking through the house to inspect, a guy was hiding in the utility closet. Hey, he could've been hiding to rob the house, or he could have been lying in wait to rape her.
You're right. Being alone in houses with strangers can be risky.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You're right. Being alone in houses with strangers can be risky.
Your post reminds me of a game my lady friend and I like to play.

It's called "Stranger In The House".

Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,327,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
So, what you're saying is, you'd never work with me as a client?

Well, to be a client, you would have to be interested in buying a house. Not playing with my time. So, depends on what your motives were.

Just knowing you as I do.....HELL-TO-THE-NAW!! j/k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships