Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 11:31 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

This thread was dumb way back when, it's just as dumb after being resurrected .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 05:03 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
I tend to be the boss in the relationship. And it works out well until they balk. I always say, my life would be pretty good if I could find a man with the same personality as my Labrador. The dog is so well behaved and never argues back. I actually had someone offer me thousands of dollars to buy the dog...

Behind every good man, is a good woman directing him. The sooner they figure it out, the better their lives will be.

Old 07-07-2019, 08:09 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I tend to be the boss in the relationship. And it works out well until they balk. I always say, my life would be pretty good if I could find a man with the same personality as my Labrador. The dog is so well behaved and never argues back. I actually had someone offer me thousands of dollars to buy the dog...

Behind every good man, is a good woman directing him. The sooner they figure it out, the better their lives will be.
I won’t go so far as “every” but this definitely resonates with me. There is next to nothing that happens in my life without my wife’s say so. Some guys may say this is grounds for turning in my man card, but I find it welcome relief. I work in a pretty smash mouth and zero defect environment. I am required to have on-the-spot answers and solutions to things that are sometimes out of my control. I do a good job of delivering on expectations but it takes a mental toll.

It’s a relief to come home at night and not have to have all the answers. It’s nice to come home and be told what I’m doing instead of having to plot out the evening’s activities. I’ve also found since this dynamic has emerged in my marriage we argue about trivial stuff less and less. I don’t object to most of what she says, and since I don’t, when I actually do offer an opinion/option that’s different she’s more attentive to it.

She wants to be the authority figure in our marriage and I’m happy to conform to that. She’s not abusive of authority or overly controlling. I probably have it far better than a lot of guys who insist on being the dominant one.

Old 07-07-2019, 10:29 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:

Jesus, the more you post the longer im amazed you're still here. It's a regular miracle.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
In today's social, cultural and political climate. You have radical feminist who want to wear the pants.

Old 07-09-2019, 03:29 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,475,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Jesus, the more you post the longer im amazed you're still here. It's a regular miracle.
Under other circumstances, I would have expected a suspension or ban. Dog reference anyone?

Old 07-09-2019, 04:25 PM

236 posts, read 127,929 times
Quote:
I always say, my life would be pretty good if I could find a man with the same personality as my Labrador. The dog is so well behaved and never argues back.

life would be pretty good if I could find a woman with the same personality as my Labrador. The dog is so well behaved and never argues back.

Behind every good woman, is a good man directing her. The sooner they figure it out, the better their lives will be.

Last edited by PardonTheInterruption; 07-09-2019 at 04:33 PM..

Old 12-02-2020, 08:15 AM

2 posts, read 1,849 times
Hi! I'm a submissive and happy husband. This is a good thing. My wife is intelligent and bossy. His every word (often even a glance) is an order for me. Its dominante role is expressed in all areas of our relationship...my attention, in every sense, must be towards her. She controls everything and decides in everything...

Old 12-02-2020, 08:47 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,515,655 times
Quote:
Wow...

Sorry, but I wholeheartedly disagree with this concept... And, I would never be interested in a woman who believed that. You want a whipped robot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
.... but this definitely resonates with me. There is next to nothing that happens in my life without my wife’s say so. Some guys may say this is grounds for turning in my man card, but I find it welcome relief. I work in a pretty smash mouth and zero defect environment. I am required to have on-the-spot answers and solutions to things that are sometimes out of my control. I do a good job of delivering on expectations but it takes a mental toll.

It’s a relief to come home at night and not have to have all the answers. It’s nice to come home and be told what I’m doing instead of having to plot out the evening’s activities.

She wants to be the authority figure in our marriage and I’m happy to conform to that. She’s not abusive of authority or overly controlling. I probably have it far better than a lot of guys who insist on being the dominant one.
If you are happy, then who am I to say anything about it in YOUR case... But, that is not for me...

Now, I am not saying I am bossy or aggressive. But, there is give and take in every relationship, and in every different situation in a relationship. I hate drama above all else. And, many times it's nice to not make a big deals for things just to keep harmony. But the extent you talk about it would not work for me.

My girlfriend actually feels relaxed when I make a lot of the decisions. She has told me this several times. She doesn't want me to ask, but just to do.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:13 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post

My girlfriend actually feels relaxed when I make a lot of the decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll;
There is next to nothing that happens in my life without my wife’s say so.

It’s a relief to come home at night and not have to have all the answers. It’s nice to come home and be told what I’m doing instead of having to plot out the evening’s activities.
I'm wondering how often decisions come up to be made, in the first place. Most of the time, doesn't life just hum along routinely, anyway? Are we talking relatively big decisions, like, "This sofa (car, whatever) is worn out. We need to look for a new one", or are we talking minor day-to-day decisions, like, "*whew* I'm beat. Tough day at work today. You wanna go out to dinner, instead of cooking & eating in?"

What's all the debate about? I don't quite get this apparent need for some people to be in charge. In charge of what? lol. What's there to be in charge of? Who takes out the garbage? Who does the dishes? Marriages/co-habitations need a foreman for that?

Hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships