Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,029,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

LOL

At least I gave them a reason to be angry about!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 09:50 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
And which if you don't, is incredibly unsanitary for everyone else. As anyone who has ever used a public toilet seat knows. Ugh.

Also, if Thai culturally think sitting on a seat to pee is disgusting, why do their toilets *have* seats? Just curious.
When I was in Thailand they had both, "pits" and western toilets. Here, where there Thai's working (eg: nurseries) you will find a LOT of shoe prints on the toilet seats. Heck, I was eating at a Mexican restaurant and saw footprints on the seat, either a Thai, or someone making a gettaway (window over the seat).

Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM

19,762 posts, read 20,330,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Sorry. Curiosity has gotten the better of me. This is just something I'm having a LOT of trouble imagining doing.

lol you read my mind.

I know in alot of other countries, they do not put toilet paper in the toilet- something about their plumbing just isn't so great. I don't think they use their hands though...

Also, about the squatting thing, that's the body's natural way of...using the bathroom. And that sitting on a toilet is a completely unnatural position for..using the bathroom. (although considered "civilized")

Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
lol you read my mind.

I know in alot of other countries, they do not put toilet paper in the toilet- something about their plumbing just isn't so great. I don't think they use their hands though...

Also, about the squatting thing, that's the body's natural way of...using the bathroom. And that sitting on a toilet is a completely unnatural position for..using the bathroom. (although considered "civilized")
Yeah, water buckets were by the pits... not toilet paper.

Despite my love of absolute hygiene and hot water.... I love traveling to other countries and seeing the differences. We ARE in the minority..... and traveling to where the majority are makes you SERIOUSLY appreciate all we have.

Our garbage could support a family. I kid you not. To throw away a can is waste in most countries, they use the metal for building material.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,262,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
We ARE in the minority..... and traveling to where the majority are makes you SERIOUSLY appreciate all we have.
I can't say that everybody is thrilled with the water in the American toilets. Granted, it's easier to clean, but not everybody appreciates splashes of dirty water on his/her bum when taking care of a serious business.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:24 PM

76 posts, read 224,101 times
The guy I married and his roomates also ate with their bare hands and that was disgusting to me. Inspite of my desire to understand and experience a relationship with someone from another culture I had some serious issues with him and it period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Good luck to you. A Muslim girl (very modern and moderate) that I was dating earlier this year told me of all sorts of freaky traditions: wiping butts with their bare hand amongst other things was one of the funky things she told me about even though her and her family didn't. We really have enough ass backward people in this country with out these freaks moving here.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I can't say that everybody is thrilled with the water in the American toilets. Granted, it's easier to clean, but not everybody appreciates splashes of dirty water on his/her bum when taking care of a serious business.
I've got to admit that I don't want to squat n poop, but I'm not fan of the poop n splash.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 PM

This was very good advice and exactly what I did. My daughter’s feelings and actions were the reason why I questioned his story in the first place. I know that SOME desperate people from other countries try to appeal to our since of humanity and guilt. Some act as if they are so family orientated and humane but they only care about their own survival. When I get the urge to help someone I do volunteer work in my own community (my kid's school; food shelf). I don’t mean to sound bitter just smarter. My daughter and I are good and blessed with good intuition.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 845 times
come on now, we should not generalize the characters of some few african men without human dignity. There're alot of good african men out there. I have seen women married to african men and have been living happily. It's just unfortunate to fall into a wrong one.
Each part of africa, each country and each tribe has different customs & traditions we can't generalize africans. Dig dipper upto the tribe level if possible.

Old 01-13-2012, 01:07 PM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowrose View Post
come on now, we should not generalize the characters of some few african men without human dignity. There're alot of good african men out there. I have seen women married to african men and have been living happily. It's just unfortunate to fall into a wrong one.
Each part of africa, each country and each tribe has different customs & traditions we can't generalize africans. Dig dipper upto the tribe level if possible.
I am aware of that but the pickings of single and honest african man are very slim.. And as far as the couples you know, you never know what goes on in their privite lives.. My family did not know my relationship with him.
I remember my mother warning me about him being a lier because she dated a nigeran years ago. She never got into details and nor did I. Thats why I choose this blog. Anyway, everythiing with me is good now. I stay away from African and Arahab men.. They seem to be the most attracted to me.. I sure why
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships