Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 01:02 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,800,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Because we can!
First, LOL!

Second, here it is in a nutshell. They can and they do.

Men don't judge each other on how many partners they have.

Women will judge their friend until the cows come home.

Why why why!!

The answer is why not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,682,655 times
Well first off we must be talking about sex, not dating. I've never heard of anyone, anywhere, pointing the finger at a woman who is dating multiple men.Only if she is sleeping with them all do people get judgmental.

As for having sex with a lot of people, we are of course talking about braggarts, not people who keep the details of their sex life private. You'd have know way of know how many people a person has bedded if they don't tell you.

Among these braggarts, I think a small part of the double standard comes from the relative ease of getting sex. For an average man to sleep with 100 women he needs game; for a woman to sleep with 100 men she just needs to bend over with a "hit this" sign pinned on her back. One might be impressed with the guy, but the woman? Of course not.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM

881 posts, read 1,113,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Exactly. I have zero friends, NOT A ONE, who would pat a guy on the back for catting around and cheating.

Sometimes you just have to surround yourself with better friends.

Actually, I don't either, some aquaintences, but not any of my actual "friends".

I was just thinking about these two people from last night....

My ex roommate was at karaoke, and she was the one who told the player where olympics guy worked, but anyhoo, that is a different thread....

Continuing, our one mutual guy friend, who is neutral about our fight (obviously I had to get rid of the room mate, she was friends with the player guy, actually all of this started with meeting her, and feels like the dramma is floating away and fizzling down with those two getting further out of my life....)

ok, AGAIN, our mutual guy friend we'll call him karaoke guy, he sleeps with a different woman a few times a week, never brags about it, is descreet, but for some reason we aren't embarrased to be seen with him or anything, we accept him as he is.... maybe because he is descreet?

Then, the ex roommate, sleeps with a different guy every night, and well, I avoid my best being seen with HER..... I am polite, but I just don't want her reputation attatched to me.

Also, Player guy says the WORST things about her, horrible, degrading things, but HE is no better himself, and his ex best friend is as bad as the ex room mate!

can't wait until these people are out of my life entirely, because they are constantly baffling me with their whackyness.....

I miss being around all my married friends and friends with kids.... the single life is a bit "different"..... I think I might spend less time with singles, and just consentrate on the few guys I already like and am getting to know.

Olympics guy is turning slowly into a good friend..... and the 21 year old, well he is still very intellectual, so we can hang out still too I guess.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,801,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
Why is it that when men sleep around, they get praised and all pat each other on the back and brag about it, but if a woman just dates a few people because she wants to be a bit picky before making any commitments, everyone looks down on her?
Maybe because many women have never been able to keep a secret.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Seems the root of your problems is that you've been hanging around jackasses and then coming here to complain about what has resulted.

Really, start associating with higher quality people or live with your decision.

yup, that is it exaclty.

I can feel the conclusions to these ties I have been trying to break with them.

I think they are almost done with me and they can move on.

I am kinda embarrased to have been associated with them now.....oh well, live and learn right?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
It's always been my opinion the those who brag AREN'T the ones having sex. It's just a smoke screen to make them look cool or fit in with their other loser friends. Typically your "teen scene".

Since you are in your latter 30's, perhaps it's time to leave the boys alone and sleep with men. Then perhaps the braggarts and gigglers will go away.

Yeah, I think you're right there..... I am just afraid I will get attatched if I meet a decent guy though, I think I was at a stage where I didn't want a relationship, but needed sex, so tricked myself into sleeping with someone I knew deep down I didn't really want, to justify to myself the sex part.....like I needed to trick myself into thinking I wasn't using the guy for sex, which is probly EXACTLY what I was doing, subconcously...

Old 09-22-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongIslandEddie View Post
Maybe because many women have never been able to keep a secret.

But why must the women keep a secret, while the men are free to brag?

I wish we lived in the olden days sometimes, I miss old fashioned guys.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:48 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,017,251 times
Quote:

What do you think "old fashioned guys" were like?

Old 09-22-2010, 01:50 PM

58 posts, read 138,969 times
Because women are prizes...you have what a man want. If you give all of yourself to everyone then it is less special. I don't want my women or a peron I hook up with to be with everybody else -- that makes women not as special etc.

On the other hand, men. Fact is it is harder for a man to have sex then women. You can take the uglest women and cute finest or whatever men and have them compete. I bet 9 of 10 the women will win. Getting more people to sleep with her than the man. That being said men are less want then women. So when a men has been with a lot of women or attract women faster/easier, He is the sh@!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:50 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,308,201 times
Quote:

Which olden days are you referring to exactly?

The ones when women were considered chattel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships