Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 12:39 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times

Advertisements

Howdy KMG1

Love~Respect~Communication, is most important imho.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2010, 01:14 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
For sure. The number one reason relationships go haywire is finance. When the money dries out, disaster follows.
A grandiose generalization which merits from me only one comment - poppycock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMG1 View Post
LOL..I have a friend who's engaged to doctor who makes half a million a yr and she is not happy. She says she barely sees him, they barely have sex (he'd rather watch the news than have sex) and she's away from all of her family and friends so she's lonely. Her Louis Vuitton handbags do not keep her warm or make her laugh.
She could always break the engagement but maybe being unhappy now and being unhappy in the future works for her if she's all hepped up about the income, the spending power and the "prestige" of being married to a physician. Yikes. Are you going to be in the bridal party and go along with the sham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
And you seriously want your husband to be a musician? He's either a closet homosexual who will later come out and ruin your family or he spends large amounts of time dreaming of having his own musical grouping of sorts. You'd be better off picking up an abusive alcoholic from the local biker bar and just getting it over with quicker.
What planet do you come from? I have and have had many friends who are musicians over many years, some very famous and some not so famous but your generalization is way more bizarre than that of Antlered Chamataka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Howdy KMG1

Love~Respect~Communication, is most important imho.

Well and succinctly said. Amen.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:38 PM

943 posts, read 3,334,830 times
STT resident: She's actually a friend of a friend, an acquaintance to me, so no I won't be attending the wedding.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:04 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
One is happier with money than without it.

It can buy happiness if you know how to use it.

Old 10-01-2010, 02:41 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
money doesn't buy happiness

I've always wondered which wealthy mastermind sold this hoax to the poor public and when.
I thought it was Nancy Reagon who once said: "Whoever said that clearly didn't know where to shop"

Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 PM

Ron you're always the voice of reason, thanks.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:17 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Ron you're always the voice of reason, thanks.
I'm glad you read my post before I deleted it.

I thought I may have crossed the line, but I see you understood where I was coming from. So, I'll repost it below:

Are you serious? I think you are.

Really, how many 22y/o's are actually paid well? Not many.

Most guys don't start getting the ball rolling until he's into his 30's. I think you're expecting way to much.

My question is are YOU looking for "social acceptance" or a good person?

For the record you can be involved with someone WITHOUT a degree that earns a very high income.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be involved with a guy the earns a nice income, my issue is you're coming across as being elitist because he does not have a degree.

I know Options Traders that don't have a degree that earn well over $50,000.....A MONTH!

I know people that have earned that much in a day on the internet. I know people that are business brokers(sort of like a real estate agent but they sell businesses) that earn $200,000-$300,000 a year. None of them have degrees.

Please, don't get caught up into whether someone has a degree or not.

I can understand you wanting someone that earns a high income but in this day and age a degree does not equal high income nor does it mean STABLE and SECURE employment.

My mom and dad are successful, I mean really successful. They've owned businesses, hotels, real estate, etc..........but when they first met in college my dad told me he was really poor. They had a desire to live a nice life and provide a nice life for us children at the time so they WORKED TOGETHER to create the life they wanted.

My dad struggled in college, financially and academically. It took my dad 7 years to get his degree. I'm glad my mom did not overlook him because he came from a poor family and was not as "smart" in school as she was.

They've been married for 40 plus years. My point is, don't overlook they guy because he does not have everything that you desire. Most of the things that you'd like him to have can be obtained with time.

If you really like the guy, work with him.

Good luck.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:20 PM

KMG,

based on some of your posts in the past.

I think you should date MATURE older guys.

I think it'll be more enjoyable for you and you'll get a different perspective on life in general.

Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
KMG,

based on some of your posts in the past.

I think you should date MATURE older guys.

I think it'll be more enjoyable for you and you'll get a different perspective on life in general.
The ironic part about it is that age and maturity isn't as synonymous as people think. I've dated guys that were 5+ yrs older and they were all about games and nonsense.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
The ironic part about it is that age and maturity isn't as synonymous as people think. I've dated guys that were 5+ yrs older and they were all about games and nonsense.
I never said it was synonymous. I said older and mature for a reason.

Notice I said MATURE. If you were dating older guys that were about games and nonsense, how could they be mature?

An older MATURE guy is vastly different from a young mature guy. Vastly different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships