Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 04:42 AM

405 posts, read 1,281,037 times

Advertisements

Short guys, especially American, can always marry a Filipina woman. Many of them are very short. Finding a 4 foot something in that country is a piece of cake. Also, American men are the highest in demand. It isn't only gold diggers, they just love American culture. They are, probably, the most Americanized of all Asian cultures. Also, Filipina women in general are friendlier, more loyal and family-oriented than AMerican women. They will work a busy job, yet still cook a meal and sit everybody down to dinner. These days, most American families cook their own food in a microwave and don't get to spend much time together. American women in general are conceited, dominating, emotionally-distressed, always unsatisfied, etc. I don't mean to knock American women, but in this day and age, it is a growing trend of many Western women. There are great American women, but you really will have to look around.

Short guys really have a disadvantage here. That is not to say, if they had a vibrant personality, acted manly and were outgoing, that they couldn't score an American girl. Really, what I have noticed is that a lot of women are more attracted to a manly man, then a tall girly man. Most women state they want tall and handsome because in their mind that is what a manly man is, but when a person meets another person, it is the personality, charm and "tough-attitude" that wins hands down. Women like guys they think are not cowards. Don't look for a shoulder to cry on. American women are not sentimental to a man and his feelings. You have to be the shoulder to cry on and never let your guard down, like you have feelings or emotions. A lot of these tall, handsome playboys really don't have long lasting relationships. Some of them, seriously are man-wh*res.

With all this being said, why should short guys waste time, when there are so many girls around the world looking for a good husband. When I was in East Africa, a lot of the guys would be getting drunk in the bar, sleeping with prostitutes while the women were out in the fields breaking their behinds in the field, with a baby on their back. There was a lot of women who were infected with HIV because of there husband's careless and selfish lifestyle. I was working with HIV+ orphans and widows, so I witnessed this phenomenon first hand.

Anyway, I just wish short guys would stop whining and get on a plane to Asia, if they don't want to accept the rejections and trails they will have to face to get an American woman. Yeah, you will get one with effort, but it doesn't have to be like that.

Contrary, to what many people say, I see very many happy American male/Filipina female couples. They have all the attributes of a good American family, minus all the vain drama usually ensues in a typical American household.

I, myself, plan on going East to find a wife, although not Philippines, as my own culture is a bit too different.

For those who think The Philippines is too far away, there are many churches, communities of Filipinos, Thais, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 01:23 PM

663 posts, read 1,082,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I was at a party last night and a girl was talking about a recent ex and said "this is the last time i give the short guy a chance" and shes 5'3 and he was around 5'7

You never hear the same about tall guys

Its amazing not only the treatemnt romantically tall guys get as opposed to shorter Men but shroter Men are treated as some inferior human beigns who are on "short" leashes and if a girl has a bad experience with one then that means all short Men screwed up..

I used to think height obessesion was just an online thing but it seems as if women really do put height on extreme level of importance and if they date one short guy who f's up then the rest pay for it..

The tallest guy I dated was likely the biggest jerk I have ever associated with. I'd still walk in the other direction if I saw him, and it's been years. The shortest one broke up with me. In their cases, the tall one would have been a jerk no matter what; the shorter guy had more confidence than anyone I'd dated up to that point. Maybe I just don't see things the same way as women who prefer taller men to a fault. For me, it just depends on the person - even in the case of initial attraction. And the last time I dated anyone (current DH) online dating didn't exist so I can't speak to that (married 16 years).

There is this weird situation I encountered a long time ago with my best friend's older brother. My BF and I have been friends for 30+ years. Once we were teenagers I the older brother and I found ourselves attracted to one
another, went out on a few dates when I was about 18. One time I met him at his job for lunch and later a couple of his coworkers told him I looked about 15 and also looked like a "midget." I'm 4'11" so technically not a midget, lol. I am certain I looked young for my age, thankfully still do a bit (now 40). He broke up with me that evening, said he didn't want people to think he was dating a kid. Meh, ok. No big loss.....hadn't been dating too long. He also said short people "get fat easy." Okey-doke. His mom was extremely overweight and on the short side, so probably a hang-up for him. I'm still of average weight for my height, his loss.

At the time my feelings were a bit bruised but not for long. But this is the only time I've been dumped based on my height. I can only imagine short guys being penalized for this on a regular basis, it has to
get old fast. There are women out there who will date short men - I have - but for me height is just part of what should be a larger picture. DH is 5'9".....but his height is not important to me. However he tends to be attracted to short women.....he was surrounded by them growing up (mom is Asian and my height, etc). His first wife....taller than me but not by a lot.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:00 PM

478 posts, read 809,794 times
I also think that there's a bit of a fetishization that happens to people on extreme ends of the height spectrum: very short and very tall girls for sure, some of very tall guys. I'm not sure about the experiences of short guys in this respect. I do know that if I'm talking to a girl and she repeatedly references or talks about my height I'm inclined to lose interest quickly. One time I tried dating one of those girls who had some kind of a tall guy fetish (this was in college-I was one of the five or six tallest guys on my campus, and all of us ended up with her at some point at least briefly), but she was honestly pretty weird and ever since I avoid girls with that trait.

Old 07-31-2011, 02:01 PM

663 posts, read 1,082,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalfankias;
You are a short woman by your own statement earlier, so a hypothetical question of how you would react if you had been a man and had been short would at best be a surmise since you aren't really in that kind of a situation yourself. The surprising fact here is that even quality women behave in the fashion I have described, so that leaves a short man with hardly any chances.

Also, I can understand why you would feel that I am shorter than my 5'8" self and not happy about it going by my posts, however, the fact that I am a clinical psychologist and I am very interested in different forms of social discrimination and how it makes the people who are subjected to in terms of their day to day behavior and activities should make you understand that I just don't speak from my perspective, I speak from a group perspective, in this case, the group being short men. Just stating facts from a professional and personal observatory perspective shouldn't make anyone assume too much about my own personal self, if that were the yard stick to judge people, everyone who treats lepers must have had leprosy himself to feel the pain and suffering they go through, or every autism therapist there is in the world should have been autistic in the first place to understand the feelings of a
person who is autistic, however, that's not necessarily true, they can feel their subjects since they are in constant touch with them.

You might say that while being autistic or with a chronic physical ailment might be a mental or a physical disability, I can also say the same about being short
in the case of men, for a man being short is equivalent to having a social handicap, and being relegated to secondary status for the rest of their lives.
Read my post above, I have been dumped for being too short and appearing younger than I really was at the time. I don't know how I would feel if I was a short guy and dumped all the time for that reason.

In thinking about this further, another reason I have never had hang-ups about height is because many men on my mom's side aren't terribly tall either. A great uncle, he is maybe 5'6"....and he's one of the "taller" guys in the family. My mom is my height and my dad is 5'11".....being short must have somehow turned into a dominant trait in my mom's family. Lol, I know that's not possible but it would seem so in this case.

Anyhow, used to being around shorter guys and can't imagine being shallow enough to dump someone and blame it on a physical attribute that existed when we met, such as height. For instance, I'm typically not attracted to blonde men although I have dated one blonde guy. If I were single and looking, the guy with darker hair/complexion will catch my eye above all else, nine times out of ten. Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt? As looks and my preferences go, I'll go with the former, for sure! but what if Brad is nicer, we have more in common, are a better match, maybe shorter.....I'm going to consider those things too. I'm also older than 20 somethings hanging out at parties, bars, etc looking for people to date, not just looking for hot guys.

My daughter is 20 and very attractive, has no problems dating. BTW, she is 5'4". Her criteria for guys is a lot different than mine would be if I were dating, being in my 40's. For her, the guy has to be HOT regardless of his height, but would prefer someone taller than her. At 5'4", not an issue. At my age, I wouldn't readily write someone off based on something physical. I'm pretty sure at her age, she would and probably has.

Point being, life experience and maturity hopefully brings a broader perspective. Maybe, maybe not....depends on the person.

Old 07-31-2011, 05:39 PM

529 posts, read 1,301,125 times
I'm 6'1'' and my ex was 5'0'', I find her hot as hell, super banging body. So height is irrelevant for me.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:24 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
The man should be no more than 1.2 times the height of the woman. Roughly a head taller, in other words, for practical purposes.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:32 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,400,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDream View Post
Short guys, especially American, can always marry a Filipina woman. Many of them are very short. Finding a 4 foot something in that country is a piece of cake. Also, American men are the highest in demand. It isn't only gold diggers, they just love American culture. They are, probably, the most Americanized of all Asian cultures. Also, Filipina women in general are friendlier, more loyal and family-oriented than American women. They will work a busy job, yet still cook a meal and sit everybody down to dinner. These days, most American families cook their own food in a microwave and don't get to spend much time together. American women in general are conceited, dominating, emotionally-distressed, always unsatisfied, etc. I don't mean to knock American women, but in this day and age, it is a growing trend of many Western women. There are great American women, but you really will have to look around.
What kind of American women? I would have to say that American people in general are conceited, dominating, emotionally-distressed, always unsatisfied, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePugx3 View Post
The tallest guy I dated was likely the biggest jerk I have ever associated with. I'd still walk in the other direction if I saw him, and it's been years. The shortest one broke up with me. In their cases, the tall one would have been a jerk no matter what; the shorter guy had more confidence than anyone I'd dated up to that point. Maybe I just don't see things the same way as women who prefer taller men to a fault. For me, it just depends on the person - even in the case of initial attraction. And the last time I dated anyone (current DH) online dating didn't exist so I can't speak to that (married 16 years).

There is this weird situation I encountered a long time ago with my best friend's older brother. My BF and I have been friends for 30+ years. Once we were teenagers I the older brother and I found ourselves attracted to one another, went out on a few dates when I was about 18. One time I met him at his job for lunch and later a couple of his coworkers told him I looked about 15 and also looked like a "midget." I'm 4'11" so technically not a midget, lol. I am certain I looked young for my age, thankfully still do a bit (now 40). He broke up with me that evening, said he didn't want people to think he was dating a kid. Meh, ok. No big loss.....hadn't been dating too long. He also said short people "get fat easy." Okey-doke. His mom was extremely overweight and on the short side, so probably a hang-up for him. I'm still of average weight for my height, his loss.

At the time my feelings were a bit bruised but not for long. But this is the only time I've been dumped based on my height. I can only imagine short guys being penalized for this on a regular basis, it has to get old fast. There are women out there who will date short men - I have - but for me height is just part of what should be a larger picture. DH is 5'9".....but his height is not important to me. However he tends to be attracted to short women.....he was surrounded by them growing up (mom is Asian and my height, etc). His first wife....taller than me but not by a lot.
I'm 4'11 too. I'm not a "midget" because I'm short. I'm short because it's in my gene (and SOME Asians people are short aka me). The other thread I said I was 4'10 but found out that I am actually 4'11 (yay!), and I've never been dumped because of my height but because they "fell out of like" with me. It's okay because both guys were jerks anyways.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:36 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,747 times
I'm 6'2". She can't be more than 5'9" and I don't care how short as long as she's not a midget. My parents are 6'0" and 5'8". Dad's parents are 6'1" and 5'5". Mom's folks are 6'2" and 5'7". For me, I prefer short girls so I don't care how much of a difference there is. Ideally, about a head difference.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 707 times
Personally when I see an overly tall man, I'm instantly attracted to ten for it, not turned off. Technically I'm classified as tall for even a male, I am considered a giant by most female. I'm a 6'1 female and have so many troubles finding mister right thats my heighth. Yes there are advantages and disadvantages with being tall, the male population where I'm from is abnormally short.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:51 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
No matter what you think, HEIGHT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. Its an excuse some guys make for failing with the opposite sex, to protect their fragile ego. I dont know how many times Ive witnessed women saying things like "I wont date a guy thats shorter than me, but week later falling in love with a 5'5" dude, with great personality and charm. Remember, what most women say they want in a man and what they fall for, are usualy two very different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships