Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Who needs to see people to hate'em? I wouldn't recognize some of C-D's finest if they jumped up and bit me.

Just kidding.

Mostly.

LOL! Love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 10:36 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Yes, thank so-called "reality" TV for this.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:26 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Usually people speak of love at first sight. This I don't believe in so much. But hate at first sight? Recently there was a guy who showed up at my workplace. For a combination of reasons, I found myself really hating everything about him. The arrogant mannerisms, the proselytizing manner of speech, the rudeness and abruptness of the strange things he says, how he brags about his wife and kid (neither of whom are anything special). He is fairly unattractive, but probably doesn't know it. I'm not sure if he is being a dbag on purpose.

I am probably being a bit harsh but the nasty chemistry cannot be denied. I've tried to be friendly at first but so far it has backfired and made me hate him even more. We might have interacted for 20 minutes at most in 2 weeks but it is enough to permanently close the doors of interaction. It does not help that his face is devoid of expression (can't stand people like that).

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Ive only came across some people that irk me in the wrong way..My intuition is very keen.. I can read people...The negative souls are the ones I stay away from...

Old 10-13-2010, 04:35 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
Usually people speak of love at first sight. This I don't believe in so much. But hate at first sight? Recently there was a guy who showed up at my workplace. For a combination of reasons, I found myself really hating everything about him. The arrogant mannerisms, the proselytizing manner of speech, the rudeness and abruptness of the strange things he says, how he brags about his wife and kid (neither of whom are anything special). He is fairly unattractive, but probably doesn't know it. I'm not sure if he is being a dbag on purpose.

I am probably being a bit harsh but the nasty chemistry cannot be denied. I've tried to be friendly at first but so far it has backfired and made me hate him even more. We might have interacted for 20 minutes at most in 2 weeks but it is enough to permanently close the doors of interaction. It does not help that his face is devoid of expression (can't stand people like that).

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
The people I don't like are the ones that are insensitive to the others around them. Like, they talk loudly and about themselves and never once ask you about yourself and haven't even realized that they haven't asked you about you. It's like, they just need ANYONE as an audience and they're talking AT YOU and not TO YOU.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:42 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,838,873 times
I met a guy in my tech school a long time ago. From the moment we met we did not like each other. No idea why.

Its like reverse chemistry. Or like two magnets with their opposing fields repelling each other.

Maybe it's nature's way of preventing a bad reaction like monster demon children if you mate or something.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
I met a guy in my tech school a long time ago. From the moment we met we did not like each other. No idea why.
I don't know why you're surprised... It happens all the time.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:16 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
The closest I've come to "hate at first sight" is coming across people who reminded me of past abusers. My first reaction was to hate them and be angry at them, but of course I didn't really hate them, I hated what they represented for me.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:56 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan
Can someone explain this phenomenon to me. This annoys me to no end. Why is it ok to talk to me one day and ignore me the next?

Quite simply, its passive aggressive behavior. The whole point, to drive you crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Quite simply, its passive aggressive behavior. The whole point, to drive you crazy.
I think it's because the person is crazy, self-important, and immature tw4t who thinks their various moods should affect the mood of other people. Usually it takes one such incident before I never talk to them again. Then they are left wondering why I no longer talk to them -- ever again -- and they think I'm the one being "moody." There are 8 billion people in this world, why get hung up on one insignificant dbag?

Good point about it being nature's way of preventing a bad mating. *shiver* That is a nasty thought.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:03 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,311,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
The second our hands touched it was like a jolt of negative energy for both of us and our expressions just shifted so drastically that my supervisor not only stood there uncomfortably, looking back and forth between us, but later came to me wanting to know if we'd met before and something bad had happened.

I've never understood it, have wondered if other people encounter such things; apparently they do.
Nothing that drastic has ever happened to me yet - but the negativity escalates very suddenly and stepwise, worsening with each interaction. What you describe is freaky.

Usually I try hard to overcome my initial biases, and most of the time it works. But I can't deny that there are people out there that create horrible chemical reactions when mixed.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 AM

593 posts, read 1,661,100 times
Well, no. The only way I'll not like somebody is if I get that vibe from them that they don't like me. Then they get on my hate list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships