Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 AM

124 posts, read 174,047 times

Advertisements

So there are these 2 pretty girls at work who are always sending glances my way, I catch them staring at me etc. But they don't come talk to me at all.
Are they into me and are just expecting me to talk to them first/intimidated to approach me? Or have I just had something on my face for the past 6 months?

Please advise!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 06:34 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,659,378 times
Most women want a man to show interest first. A lot of us still feel like that little princess and want the attention... (not all, but most; myself not included as a princess, LOL)
So go talk. Just remember, not a fan here of workplace romance.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 AM

7,004 posts, read 21,364,913 times
There is absolutely no way to find out since women send out mixed signals.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:11 AM

I really should just stick with energy fields, superstrings, subatomic particles. Those things I understand! Women? Who knows...

Old 10-13-2010, 07:22 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,782,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KongAtTheGates View Post
I really should just stick with energy fields, superstrings, subatomic particles. Those things I understand! Women? Who knows...

well we don't really "know" anything. these two women could be fixing to kidnap you and sell your kidneys on the black market. you might wake up in an abandoned astro van, hooked up to a rusty dialysis machine. and you won't know unless you go talk to them and find out.

i'd stick with two assumptions: a) if either of them keeps making eye contact, you are ok to approach. b) no matter how long you eye-flirt with them, they're not going to approach you.

these aren't always true, but you're better off assuming they are.

Last edited by le roi; 10-13-2010 at 07:31 AM..

Old 10-13-2010, 08:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,719,897 times
ask.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
well we don't really "know" anything. these two women could be fixing to kidnap you and sell your kidneys on the black market. you might wake up in an abandoned astro van, hooked up to a rusty dialysis machine. and you won't know unless you go talk to them and find out.

i'd stick with two assumptions: a) if either of them keeps making eye contact, you are ok to approach. b) no matter how long you eye-flirt with them, they're not going to approach you.

these aren't always true, but you're better off assuming they are.
Well now I'm going to think any girl batting their eyelashes at me is really after my sweet sweet kidneys. Thanks a lot!

Old 10-13-2010, 04:04 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,947,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KongAtTheGates View Post
So there are these 2 pretty girls at work who are always sending glances my way, I catch them staring at me etc. But they don't come talk to me at all.
Are they into me and are just expecting me to talk to them first/intimidated to approach me? Or have I just had something on my face for the past 6 months?

Please advise!

Take it from me. If you do nothing, then nothing will happen. I know. This life ain't Hollywood.

So here's the deal. First of all, I don't buy the "women are too complicated" spiel. You're just afraid to act, that's all. Nothing complicated. Two women you want to go out with have been looking at you for 6 months and you haven't said a word to either one of them. So your first order of business is to put an end to that. Say something casual. Don't ask them out or hit on them, just talk to them, like you do to other people in the office. Certainly you don't spend 100% of your time in the office saying nothing at all, right ? Maybe you're curious what kind of stuff they work on in the office.

Until you talk to these women there is no way you're going to know whether they're interested in you or not. You can analyze the expressions on their faces and the way they blink their eyes and point their feet until the cows come home and you won't learn a thing. The only way you can have any clue who these women are and whether they are into you or not is by talking to them. Don't ask them out. Just talk to them. Say something. Because saying nothing is going to get you nowhere forever the way it has me.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:11 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,272,632 times
I dunno, I think that if even if they were still "sending glances your way" after six months, they probably lost whatever interests they may have had a long time ago. My experience has taught me that women definitely like men to make the "move", but if you do not pick up on their signals within a few months (if not sooner), then they will either:

A) Just approach you.

B) Let it be known that you are a jerk for being so clueless (usually by being passive-aggressive in your presence).

There is a lot of missing information here, but based solely on the OP, I would say that the situation is more wishful thinking than anything. The OP just happened to notice two girls at work who 'look' at him. Something about these girls caught your attention, kind of like how SOME people claim that every time they look at a clock it reads 11:11. Sorry, but it doesn't mean anything. You look at clocks hundreds of times during the day. Those other numbers just don't stand out. Nothing mystical about it.

Anyways, I bet that if you spend time taking notice, you will see that other co-workers also throw many glances your way.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
I dunno, I think that if even if they were still "sending glances your way" after six months, they probably lost whatever interests they may have had a long time ago. My experience has taught me that women definitely like men to make the "move", but if you do not pick up on their signals within a few months (if not sooner), then they will either:

A) Just approach you.

B) Let it be known that you are a jerk for being so clueless (usually by being passive-aggressive in your presence).

There is a lot of missing information here, but based solely on the OP, I would say that the situation is more wishful thinking than anything. The OP just happened to notice two girls at work who 'look' at him. Something about these girls caught your attention, kind of like how SOME people claim that every time they look at a clock it reads 11:11. Sorry, but it doesn't mean anything. You look at clocks hundreds of times during the day. Those other numbers just don't stand out. Nothing mystical about it.

Anyways, I bet that if you spend time taking notice, you will see that other co-workers also throw many glances your way.
Yah I thought I had something on my face for 6 months straight too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships