Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 06:19 PM

1,022 posts, read 2,553,841 times

Advertisements

OP, you sound like me. Dating-wise, I'm in the same situation, although my stints with white girls have produced nothing. Young, black, told I'm farily attractive, living in Baltimore where unfortunately many of the black women my age are single yet already have kids, or just have nasty attitudes. Of course, not all are like this. But I've had the same "I'm close to white" sentiments hurled at me. Thankfully, I'm not far from DC. Very diverse, and (wink), a large Ethiopian population of whom I think have some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 PM

259 posts, read 841,505 times
Not trying to be rude...but have you thought about the possibility that the real reason they think you're too "white" is because you surround yourself around a lot of white people and they see you out and about holding hands/dating white women? Just throwing that out there because it may come off as a little confusing as to what you want no matter what city you're in. All women in general look at the "vibes" a man is giving us and if it comes off as though you're not attracted to us or that you even remotely glorify a white woman's beauty more than ours, then we are not going to look your way (ex. Tiger Woods). Also, younger women of all races tend look at physical appearance a lot more. I know you say that you are attractive, but men always over estimate how good looking they are. Honestly, it probably has nothing to with how you dress because I've run into plenty of black men that don't sag, aren't thugs, and get plenty of black women. Anyway, my point is this is why they may consider you to be too "white" and may not be as attracted to you as other black men. Try any city...as a black man, you'll get women no matter where you are.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:25 PM

328 posts, read 573,842 times
NYC, ATL... I've lived both places and they fit with what you have described. Then again, I'm an east coast kind of girl so I'm probably biased.

The "too white" comment... you will find that wherever you go within the black community. Don't get too hung up on generalizing that all black women will feel that way. Just one black woman's opinion...

Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 PM

328 posts, read 573,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
I know you say that you are attractive, but men always over estimate how good looking they are.
LMAO sooo funny... and true at the same time

Old 11-02-2010, 06:28 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,658,979 times
I vote for Atlanta. (I'm a 30-something white guy, so take that for what it's worth.) I grew up in California, went to school in Seattle -- spent some time in Virginia and Colorado and have travelled throughout the states. If I were a college educated black guy, Atlanta is the only city I'd ever live in. There is a huge population of professional and upper middle class black folks here, and the male-to-female ratio is excellent (for men). If you land a decent job and conduct yourself with some class and manners, you should be a hot commodity down here. The ladies will appreciate your preppy style. (It's hot though ... not too bad except for July and August.)

Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times
I abhor people who have an identity crisis. Thank God those bizarre Indian guy Latina poll threads have been put to rest

Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,553,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki9947 View Post
Not trying to be rude...but have you thought about the possibility that the real reason they think you're too "white" is because you surround yourself around a lot of white people and they see you out and about holding hands/dating white women? Just throwing that out there because it may come off as a little confusing as to what you want no matter what city you're in. All women in general look at the "vibes" a man is giving us and if it comes off as though you're not attracted to us or that you even remotely glorify a white woman's beauty more than ours, then we are not going to look your way (ex. Tiger Woods). Also, younger women of all races tend look at physical appearance a lot more. I know you say that you are attractive, but men always over estimate how good looking they are. Honestly, it probably has nothing to with how you dress because I've run into plenty of black men that don't sag, aren't thugs, and get plenty of black women. Anyway, my point is this is why they may consider you to be too "white" and may not be as attracted to you as other black men. Try any city...as a black man, you'll get women no matter where you are.
In my experience, no. I'm typically around more blacks than whites, but I did grow up in a predominantly white community. Blacks who have said I act "white" didn't know me when I was growing up; they see me here in Baltimore, not where I was from in NJ that was mostly white. I dont know if its the same for the OP, but the only reasons I was labeled as acting "white" was because of my accent, grammar, and personality.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 PM

6 posts, read 36,803 times
I think Atlanta sounds good for you.
I live in South Florida, aka "Home of The Goons" as the rapper Plies says, which is kidna funny how all the guys here are now goons...btu anyways.
I'm 19 and went to Atlanta this summer, and I have never seen so many educated black men, not to sound bad but I was like "Holy crap!!! Black men in suits!! HELLO!!!" it was definitley something new for me.
But Atlanta definitely sounds like a good fit.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:11 PM

3,085 posts, read 5,245,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projekt Kahn View Post
New on here but

A little about myself:
-Lived in Buffalo since elemetary school, and now go to University at Buffalo there
-Currently living in Toronto right now (the girls are flacky and uptight)
-Don't like Buffalo, black girls find me too "white", and even though I've had stints with white girls, most only like white guys...seems like its just Buffalo culture...its a pretty racist area I feel
-I think I could do a lot better in a different city...I get hit on a lot (never leads anywhere), I'm decently attractive, and social

-Ive dated a few of each race but since ive been in college its been a rarity...so I'm looking for a city that is:

-diverse
-not too hot like Texas
-multi cultural
-interracial dating friendly, where its like a norm
-a place that has much to do, and has sights
-somewhere definitely liberal, hopefully with some lax marijuana laws

thanks guys, rly need help!
Minneapolis-St Paul, Sacramento, Seattle, Denver, Portland, Columbus.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:25 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,929,447 times
That "acting white" nonsense is BS. Being educated and speaking well as well as dressing well means your acting white????? So whats acting black? Speaking poor english and being ghetto??

This self racism is doing a lot of harm.

BTW i vote for major diverse cities such as NYC, or San Fran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships