Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2010, 12:43 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times

Advertisements

you're too old when you question whether you're too old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 02:43 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,911,890 times
Stick to drinking age and up.

Saw a magazine posted 'Appropriate Dating Ages for Men'

Your age/2 + 7

I think its reasonable. But if a woman wants to go out...hit it!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:16 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
You're never too old until you are. Such is life. For an average guy, 30s is still doable. 40s, not so much. 50s, nope. If you've got your act together and take care of yourself then push those back by 10 years. If you're somewhat famous or rich, push those back another 10 years. If you're a real celebrity or wealthy then the sky's the limit. I like Chris Rock's distinction between rich and wealthy:

An NFL quarterback making millions a year is rich. The guy signing his check is wealthy.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:36 AM

21 posts, read 31,901 times
I'm 27 and the gf i just broke up with is 22...I wouldn't go any lower than drinking age for sure...

Old 11-11-2010, 08:58 AM

6,041 posts, read 11,467,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I guess Hugh Hefner didn't get one of those?
He loves his job. Why would he want to retire?

Old 11-11-2010, 09:03 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,894,419 times
The Black & White answer is you can never be too old to date college girls. College girls are of legal age (barring a child genius). So as long as they are legal its ok.

However there can be other variables involved. I'll just give an example of the old man dating a young girl looking bad.

The summer before I went off to college I went to visit my single father for about 2 weeks who lived in different state due to my parents divorce when i was 5 years old. His neighbors niece had just came to live with them and she was my age, 18. My father told me I should "talk" to her. I had a girlfriend back home that I was head over heels for so I was not interested. Plus she was a troubled girl and I was a very focused young man so she did not fit into my lifestyle. Well... needless to say my father begins talking to the young lady one nite. They talked outside until the weee hours of the morning... Eventually she comes over and spends the nite with my father. I didn't think much of it, I figured the old man was able to get him some young thing and that was the end of it. I left a day or 2 later... and went off to college.

So all throughout my college years my father is dating this young girl. She moves in with him and he brings her to my football games. Now remember I am the same age as this chic. It was always so embarrassing for my father to bring her around. I know it was great for him to have a young girl friend but I hated it. I really didnt talk to my father much in those days when he would bring her around. It put a strain on our relationship. I remember my grandmother being embarrassed about her as well. He looked like a plum fool beign with her. He looked really pathetic. It was definitely the low-point in how I viewed my father. He eventually broke up with her after I graduated college and married a woman his age. But during that time he really looked bad to me and the rest of the family.

Old 11-11-2010, 01:06 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post

Your age/2 + 7

Oh SCORE, does this work for women too? Because then I can scope out the 28-year-old dudes. No preggo belly, lots of hair on the head, energy...le yum.

For the record...that's not only over the drinking age, it's also generally out of college and then some. Woot!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:20 PM

84 posts, read 157,330 times
I am forced to look at college women as a possibility if I want a chance to be a dad, because by the mid-20s most women are taken/married/have kids/have issues. However, under 21 is a no-no.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:18 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,847,696 times
Quote:

Your age/2 + 7

i saw a similar formula in a sociology textbook, no foolin lol. which for me at age 30 almost means i'm good to go for anything above 21, probably 22. college seniors. obviously the age gap gets bigger as someone gets older but thats to be expected i guess. 35 can date 24?? 40 can date 27?? 50 can date 32???

Old 11-18-2010, 11:26 PM

48 posts, read 196,363 times
Quote:

Your age/2 + 7

Dang. She's 22 I am 39...close enough?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships