Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 09:33 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
-and he sent me a nasty email calling me stupid and all kinds of names. Kind of ridiculous given that his original email, though innocuous, could have been sent to anyone. "You're pretty, I think we have something in common, blah, blah, blah" but nothing specific about me or what, exactly, he thought we had in common.
I've had the same thing happen a couple times. I had to block two guys and report them to whichever online dating site it was. Really, a guy would think that by calling me a "B" and telling me I'll never find anyone and he's a great catch, that I'll change my mind. Oh, sure I'll go out with you, I mean I thought your profile came across as creepy but after that delightful e-mail I'd love to meet you for coffee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 09:35 PM

156 posts, read 270,221 times
Also sometimes the person just not may feel you are match because of something on your profile. (Maybe it's the picture, maybe it's the type of hobbies you have, age, religion, views on life, or whatever). Why bother wasting time thinking about people who aren't interested in you and whether they sent you an email or not? At least those people are weeded out right away! Move on and find someone who IS interested.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:39 PM

1,089 posts, read 2,399,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
Of course a guy sitting by himself at a table laughing would look kinda silly. Maybe some hot thang will drop by and ask what's so funny?
I do that, it's like moths to a flame, and it's strictly the hottest girls who are the most curious

Old 10-29-2010, 09:53 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemy View Post
2 out of 20 is actually not bad, for men. Women usually get a lot of messages, and replying to each one isn't easy.

I used to send a polite "thanks but no thanks" to guys who wrote me that I wasn't interested in, but after getting chewed out afterwards several times, I just stopped replying unless I was interested.

Then I dropped out of the online dating game, altogether.
I got sick of paying for it. Right about then MySpace was the big thing, and when I created a profile there I got absolutely bombarded. I thought, "why am I paying for a dating service when there are plenty of people here?" I met more compatible people there, too, and made some chick buddies along the way.

Too funny--all of us are on Facebook now. I just deleted my MySpace page a couple of days ago. That place has long been over. Not even worth it for the bands now.

Old 10-29-2010, 10:07 PM

701 posts, read 800,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by callalillies View Post
Also sometimes the person just not may feel you are match because of something on your profile. (Maybe it's the picture, maybe it's the type of hobbies you have, age, religion, views on life, or whatever). Why bother wasting time thinking about people who aren't interested in you and whether they sent you an email or not? At least those people are weeded out right away! Move on and find someone who IS interested.
Like I said, I get that many are simply not attracted to anything in my profile, and I've got no problem with that, it was just a little sad to think that "here are a lot of seemingly nice women who don't seem to know the first thing about simply being polite". Thanks to all the feed back here, especially from the women, I have a much better understanding of what these women are going through. The idea of responding to a rejection with a nasty email is so alien to me I never considered that women get that type of treatment online. Sorry you all have to put up with that.

Being 35 and not into the bar scene makes meeting people really tough, so online has really felt like the only option. Being on an island 2500 miles from the nearest major land mass doesn't help things out either. I guess I'll just keep playing that numbers game.

And, thanks again everyone for all the feedback. Much appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships