Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,371,551 times

Advertisements

Just need to answer the question...

Are you better off with him or without him ?

I know what my answer would be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 12:14 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,113,778 times
My grandmother was a very wise woman, and she once gave me great advice for my marriage.

"Start out how you intend to go on"

Basically, set your expectation of how things will be in the begging so there is no confusion later on.

One evening back when my husband I were dating, we were out and he mentioned he had a belly ache. I offered that maybe he had a little gas. So he asked if I would mind if he relieved himself. I wasn't sure if he meant he was going to do it right then and there in the car...but no way in heck did I want to hear/smell/experience that. I really liked him but that would have soured my opinion of him. I told him to pull over, get out of the car, relieve himself if he had to and then we could be on our way again. He knew right then and there what my expectation was regarding THAT bodily function.

To this day the ONLY time I've had to experience that with him is very, very occasionally in his sleep.

OP, that may not help you now, but you can at least set your expectations NOW for how you intend to continue and keep him from expanding his rude behaviors.

And, maybe it is a medical issue and he's making "funny" because he's embarassed? My dad had 1/2 his colon removed and a lot of the times he has no control over his gas. He will joke about it or say "oops" to save face with himself.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:15 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,399,168 times
I don't understand being embarassed by someone elses behavior. You are 50 and are only accountable for yourself. He is a grown adult. If he wants to make a fool out of himself in public, let him. When he does those things, and innocent bystanders witness it, they look at him with disgust, not you.

Treat him like you would treat a child and completely ignore him. Children often do things just to get the attention for it. Maybe that is his MO.

Should his behavior offend your friends or family, I would not include him in get-togethers with them. If he asks why, explain that the family does not appreciate his childish ways and don't want to be around him until he starts showing some maturity. I'm sure he'll protest and stay away for awhile...let him.

I like what a previous poster said about fighting fire with fire. How about fighting farts with farts? Start humiliating him in public and see what he does. You'll probably end up only humiliating yourself, but it may be worth a try. Just make sure you're 30+ miles from home or so to avoid running into a neighbor or someone you know.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:15 PM

142 posts, read 506,668 times
[quote=MissLucky;16615024]LOL! I'm so sorry OP, I know this is very serious but I'm curious to know which vegetables were involved in this act. I just can't think of any that would produce such results.. Again so sorry, just curious.

Oranges and a banana, zucchini and tomatos - just to name a couple. More than once I've happened upon his handiwork when I reach the side of the store he recently left. I've even told him that he shouldn't do that or the thing with nasty words using the wooden letters because there are CHILDREN in the stores!

As for ignoring him, I do most of the time. I don't think he does it to tick me off or anything. He just doesn't see anything wrong with it and he thinks it's funny.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:19 PM

1,034 posts, read 4,399,168 times
[quote=Rebel06;16615145]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLucky View Post
LOL! I'm so sorry OP, I know this is very serious but I'm curious to know which vegetables were involved in this act. I just can't think of any that would produce such results.. Again so sorry, just curious.

Oranges and a banana, zucchini and tomatos - just to name a couple. More than once I've happened upon his handiwork when I reach the side of the store he recently left. I've even told him that he shouldn't do that or the thing with nasty words using the wooden letters because there are CHILDREN in the stores!

As for ignoring him, I do most of the time. I don't think he does it to tick me off or anything. He just doesn't see anything wrong with it and he thinks it's funny.
I recently picked up a double-pack of seedless watermelons at Costco, held them to my chest, and asked my husband if they looked like good ones. He was mortified and hasn't stopped talking about it since. Try that!!

Old 11-11-2010, 12:23 PM

No way could I ever "fight fire with fire." That's just not me, and besides, I know positively that he would be tickled to death if I did. It wouldn't embarass him at all.

When my dad passed, we went to the funeral home for family night, and my husband farted extremely loudly when we got inside. How could I not be embarrassed by that????

Old 11-11-2010, 12:29 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,622,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel06 View Post
No way could I ever "fight fire with fire." That's just not me, and besides, I know positively that he would be tickled to death if I did. It wouldn't embarass him at all.

When my dad passed, we went to the funeral home for family night, and my husband farted extremely loudly when we got inside. How could I not be embarrassed by that????
Do you want someone to give you permission to leave his nasty azz?

I'll give you permission.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Nah, not looking for permission to leave. I guess I was hoping someone out there had a similar situation and found a way to deal with it.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,629,324 times
Ask Nilssson, he usually has great advice.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/membe...on-154930.html

Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 PM

40,992 posts, read 49,371,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel06 View Post
Nah, not looking for permission to leave. I guess I was hoping someone out there had a similar situation and found a way to deal with it.
Getting serious here but it may be too late to train an Old Dog.

Knowing the power of women I would 1st have a serious heart to heart talk with Mr Crudeness and let him know your displeasure. Then you as a women need to start the "Good behavior gets reward / Bad behavior gets punishment" program that I would use on just about any dog / horse / man.

Use your feminine charm & powers to change the traits of this man. Too bad he didn't have a parent bop him in the head about 40 years ago when he was the cute kid making obnoxious noises.

Like a wild dog he may be untrainable. JMO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships