Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 03:34 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,715 times

Advertisements

My husband is no longer friends with the female mentioned in this post.

What is mentioned in this post happened when 1) we were dating, 2) after we became engaged, and 3) after we got married.

First some background information:

My husband and his ex female friend lived at the same complex. She met him through a male friend of his. The male friend was interested in dating her. At some point during their relationship there were problems that she wanted my husband *who was my boyfriend at the time* to help her with as well as other personal problems. She is schizophrenic, autistic, hypoglycemic, and she has developmental problems... emotionally and intellectually. He did tell her that he only wanted to be friends with her. The relationship between her and his male friend was rocky.

When we were dating:

I did meet her after we started dating.

She would spend most of her free time alone with him either at his place or at her place
She would have him over alone at her place for lunch or dinner
She would have him over at her place to listen to music
She would watch movies alone with him either at his place or at her place
She would leave her personal belongings at his place
She would text him and call him... A LOT... To the point that it irritated both of us
She would text him and/or call him when she knew I was spending time with him at his place

It got to the point that he would have to distance himself from her. He would tell her that he needed space. But... that did not improve anything. Her behavior continued. She also wanted to be my friend.

After we got engaged:

My boyfriend told her that he wanted to marry me. We became engaged last November. I did let him know that her behavior had to stop. He took more steps to curb her behavior.

But.... She continued the same behavior while we were dating. It got to the point that I had to send her an e-mail telling her to stop her behavior. She insisted that the two of them were only friends.

My fiance told me that she gave him a dirty look when he told her that we became engaged.

At this point he chose to end their friendship.

After we got married:

My husband told me that she gave him a dirty look when she saw the wedding ring on his finger. She still wanted to be friends with me. My husband and I decided against that.

Even though they are no longer friends, what would possess someone to act like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 03:56 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
My husband is no longer friends with the female mentioned in this post.

What is mentioned in this post happened when 1) we were dating, 2) after we became engaged, and 3) after we got married.

First some background information:

My husband and his ex female friend lived at the same complex. She met him through a male friend of his. The male friend was interested in dating her. At some point during their relationship there were problems that she wanted my husband *who was my boyfriend at the time* to help her with as well as other personal problems. She is schizophrenic, autistic, hypoglycemic, and she has developmental problems... emotionally and intellectually. He did tell her that he only wanted to be friends with her. The relationship between her and his male friend was rocky.

When we were dating:

She would spend most of her free time alone with him either at his place or at her place
She would text him and call him... A LOT... To the point that it irritated both of us
She would text him and/or call him when she knew I was spending time with him at his place

It got to the point that he would have to distance himself from her. He would tell her that he needed space. But... that did not improve anything. Her behavior continued. She also wanted to be my friend.

After we got engaged:

My boyfriend told her that he wanted to marry me. We became engaged last November. I did let him know that her behavior had to stop. He took more steps to curb her behavior.

But.... She continued the same behavior while we were dating. It got to the point that I had to send her an e-mail telling her to stop her behavior. She insisted that the two of them were only friends.

My fiance told me that she gave him a dirty look when he told her that we became engaged.

At this point he chose to end their friendship.

After we got married:

My husband told me that she gave him a dirty look when she saw the wedding ring on his finger. She still wanted to be friends with me. My husband and I decided against that.

Even though they are no longer friends, what would possess someone to act like that?
I think you should stop worrying about this girl. He chose you to be his wife, don't worry about her anymore.

Just enjoy your life and move on.

best of luck.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:42 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,063 times
You already know - mental illness.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,992,608 times
Sounds like she was hot for him and didn't know how to handle that, due to social issues.

Or maybe the dirty looks just meant that she was afraid his love for you would interfere with his friendship with her. Which it did.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,768,715 times
Default Something I forgot to include in my original post

While we were dating, my boyfriend told me that the female friend told him that she was waiting for him to raise the white flag so the two of them could date eachother. He did not know how to respond. He did not know what to make of her request. So he said nothing.

But... her behavior continued.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 AM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
While we were dating, my boyfriend told me that the female friend told him that she was waiting for him to raise the white flag so the two of them could date eachother. He did not know how to respond. He did not know what to make of her request. So he said nothing.

As long as your husband is not encouraging her behavior, I say stop worrying about her.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:30 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,813,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
You already know - mental illness.
Exactly. You just listed off 4 or 5 mental illnesses. What is confusing you (OP) about her behavior?

Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,233,983 times
Quote:

Uh, OK. It didn't cross his mind to simply say no? He did know what she was requesting, right? No response does not automatically indicate interests, but it does indicate a possibility.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:06 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,719,651 times
It's his burden, not yours.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:21 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,233,983 times
Quote:
He did tell her that he only wanted to be friends with her. The relationship between her and his male friend was rocky.
A person only says they "want to only be friends" if there was some indication of something otherwise. I mean how often do you respond to a request for help with Ok, only as friends? Yup, only if you are questioning their motives based on past experience with the individual.

I suppose he witnessed her going to another male aquaintance for help, only to see her hit on him. If that was the case, he knew he was entering onto dangerous ground prior to accepting her plea.

Quote:
When we were dating:

All of this could have taken place under the terms of friendship, but, keep in mind your now husband was a willing participant in all of this. If he knew she was mental, he sure was fueling her fire.

Quote:
If I was in your position, I would question if why he was really annoyed with all her calls and texts, especially since they were coming in while you two were hanging out. It's an easy out....and possible denial.

Quote:

While her actions could stem from her being totally mental, it sounds to me, based on what you wrote, that your husband was as much to blame for this as she was. I mean, he was having lunch with her and watching movies alone with her, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships